• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

First good look at just what Giant Robo/Robo Kit is like
  • Creating custom racing tracks for the racing kit
  • Joy con car can see in the dark and send a feed to your switch
  • Create your own music with the music set
  • Create your own...fish? lol
  • Create your own Labo software (example: someone made a bank that can recognize a nickel from a quarter)
  • Robo Kit has a multiplayer fighting game mode
Another video I can't add due to media limitations

English videos can be found here
Might require MS Edge

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Main gamep Lay is a arcade mission style mode. You can also customize your robot

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
It's the Variety Kit stuff that impresses me the most, actually. Being able to scan in your own track is kinda crazy. I told myself I wasn't going to pick this up but my will is faltering a bit.

Also: Ultra Hand extension for the Labo House? That plus the hanafuda on the wall is them making their ties to Nintendo the toymaker as explicit as possible.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
Wow, the Robot one looks great! And the Variety Kit has a lot of... variety. The games are robust with a lot of content to play and experiment, I'm specially amazed with the Piano and the Motorbike.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good lord what a gimmick. Here's hoping Nintendo doesn't go all in on this or else I won't pick up a switch.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Holy crap the bike game has course creation along with using the IR camera for terrain formations?

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That theme music and menu design is so good. The piano sound effect with the mustached guy is wonderfully goofy

Love all the ways they've came up to play with these, using the left joycon's HD rumble to allow you to turn any hollow object into an instrument is absolute genius

Yolkghost

Oct 25, 2017
OK, I regret my previous statement about Labo. This seems REALLY good and polished. Might be tempted tot ry it out, the robot fighting game is my dream game but the little tamagochi house / custom bike track stuff / custom fish and fishing? Sign me up for some day Nintendo.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
This is incredible. It is actually way more complex and open than I thought it would be. Good on Nintendo, I hope they sell tons of these.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
Each game seems to have a lot more depth than I originally imagined it would. Was on the fence and I still don't think I'll pick up one at launch but once it goes on sale I will definitely be there just to mess around with some of the more free form features of labo.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good lord what a gimmick. Here's hoping Nintendo doesn't go all in on this or else I won't pick up a switch.
watch it become a best seller
Barack-Obama-Obamaphone.jpg

this shit looks cray. I hope to hell that track builder gets used elsewhere. F-Zero when?

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Man, looks like both kits offer enough activities to keep children entertained for quite some time. Well done Nintendo, hope it sells a lot.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
"Robo is going to be shit" they said, "a gimmick you'll only play once" they said

preorder JUSTIFIED

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Man that Variety kit is incredible. What looked like a fun and clever gimmick seems actually pretty in depth, like they thought of a lot of possibilities. Terra forming with your own hand? Making music with your own cardboard? Creating your own fishes physically and putting it in the game? Good lord. And that little creature is really cute.

And that's not even mentioning the Garage stuff. Really impressive.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Ok wow, this legitimately looks fucking fantastic and I don't see how anyone could say otherwise.

I mean, the biggest criticism seemed to be that there wasn't much to the software itself but this totally disproves that.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I am SO impressed by that variety kit video. The house footage looks great, and I did not expect the motorbike to be so versatile.

I'm there day one fellas.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this takes off. It's creations like this that deserves to sell millions. I want kids to get to experience this around the world.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
The bike game looks really legit, i mean, make your own tracks? Scan an object for terrain? It's a legit excitebike :o

Mizavari

Jan 19, 2018
Me: Oh! The moving bug thing comes with extra parts. Let's see... elephant head, bulldozer... ... bra?

So anyway, I can't Wait to see the video Videogamedunkey will make once he gets his hands on this. >: D

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT at the piano and bike. Variety Kit is looking like a serious system seller.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
The bike racing kit has features they should probably add into Mario Kart 9, lol.
Previews say it controls like Mario kart which is likely a good thing.

The robo kit looks Great. You can fly, grow in size, throw laser punches, etc.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the first time on a core gaming forum I've seen a Nintendo gimmick get this praised

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
You make actual physical bike track and scan them into the game, that doesn't ignite some imagination on IR camera functionality, I don't know what else can.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
The robot missions reminds me of the Metroid Nintendoland game.

Edit: wow that second video is fucking crazy.

Last edited: