• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is the full kit sold out everywhere? It seems like it.

EDIT: The answer is yes, it's been unavailable everywhere for a month now (on the off chance anyone cares more than the unresponsive crickets in this dead thread do).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of sharing of Garage VR is the biggest mistake Nintendo made with this package. It's a crazy huge missed opportunity and it takes away any desire I would have otherwise had to play in the garage.

Yep. While I'd like to try making some stuff, the real draw of it would be to play other people's crazy creations. It's a huge missing feature for sure.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I tried to watch some 3D YouTube videos but it really didn't work... It's like the two images are not properly aligned so when I look through the lenses I see 2 pictures. Some were better than others, but generally it was awful. Anyone else have this issue?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I tried to watch some 3D YouTube videos but it really didn't work... It's like the two images are not properly aligned so when I look through the lenses I see 2 pictures. Some were better than others, but generally it was awful. Anyone else have this issue?

It's generally pretty awful for most, which were made for Cardboard or another VR headset.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
It seems Nintendo are using the New Channel to deliver more minigames to users. A new post just popped up on my Switch which, when used to launch Labo VR, adds a new minigame. Pretty neat, and I hope it's not just a one off.

Lc6UoGY.png

8Caijgp.png
Was wondering if anything new was going to be added. Have Nintendo said anything about more content coming for this?

Every time I've tried to order this on Amazon it's been sold out, the full kit. So hoping to get a copy of this soon as I've been wanting to mess around with Labo for a while.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Unity is adding Labo VR support. That should mean we'll get more NS VR games in the future. That's pretty awesome. I'm gonna pick up Spice & Wolf when it's released and hopefully more stuff will come out over the next few months.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I need a decision help!
I can get the VR + Blaster Pack for 32€ and I have Mario, Zelda and Smash to play with Labo VR.
Is it worth it???

Oct 25, 2017
Mario/Zelda/Smash should not affect your decision. Those are short gimmicks that you will play for a few minutes then never touch again.

Only buy this if youre into the built-in VR games that come with the kit.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I need a decision help!
I can get the VR + Blaster Pack for 32€ and I have Mario, Zelda and Smash to play with Labo VR.
Is it worth it???
I'd say it's worth it but as the guy above me said Mario and Zelda are just tech demos essentially. The Mario one actually has some cool gimmicks in each level but it's definitely a do it once kind of thing. I've only briefly played Zelda and honestly it was so blurry I don't think it's worth it. It does add a nice 3DS-like depth effect which is cool.

Haven't touched Smash yet tho.

That being said for the price there's enough content to justify it on just cart it comes with. Especially if you consider the construction of the kit as part of the fun which I definitely do.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to just cancel my full kit order on Amazon since its looking like it's not going to be back in stock for a long time if ever. Picked up the starter from Best Buy today. Putting together the goggles was fun. The VR itself was nice enough. Coming off returning a Rift S there is clearly a huge gap and they don't really compare but for what it is, and people assuming it couldn't be done, it was decent enough. The goggles are far more sturdier then I imagined. I want to play more of the games though but it's a nice novelty. The real star I think going forward is going to be the Garage section.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that's been Nintendo's main goal here from the start and the card board really is just the Trojan horse here. I'm really looking forward to messing around with that. Will be putting the blaster together perhaps tomorrow if I have time.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
I want to get the camera kit, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. I wonder if they still even make them....

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
I guess it's pretty telling as to how this did when it seemingly only had one run of stock...
Guess I'll just settle for the Starter Kit too at this point.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
Our local Media Markt is getting rid of Labo for 10€ apiece. I checked if they had the VR set, they didn't seem to. Later I found one anyway, but apparently it was the exhibition model and had already been built. But the salesman said he'd give it to me for 2€ since it's not new.

So now I have Labo VR and just played Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. The resolution is terrible, of course, but it's still kinda fun. Especially at that price.

I was looking forward to building it myself, however.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I have a gut feeling that the labo stuff is gonna go out of stock eventually and go way high in price.

Already have the deluxe VR kit and I'm not interested in the robot kit but I may look into one of the other two.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017