• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
I've never made an OT but I thought it would be nice to have a little discussion, because Maria Bamford is the best, and Lady Dynamite is awesome. Here's a trailer:

I only just started season 2, but season 1 was delightfully, wonderfully bonkers. SuperGrish was a highlight, and I've always got time for Bruce.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Maria Bamford the 90's comedian who would perform most of her act in a "funny" voice?

OP
OP
Arkestry

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Is Maria Bamford the 90's comedian who would perform most of her act in a "funny" voice?

She literally had a special on Netflix this year, and, as I said in the OP, this is the second season of her critically acclaimed show. So, no, she's not really a '90s' comedian. She does have a lot of funny voices though.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
That title gave me a heart attack.
I thought you meant Netflix was dropping her over something she had done. D:

Also, I love Maria's voice. She actually does a ton of voice work for Adventure Time and other shows.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
That title gave me a heart attack.
I thought you meant Netflix was dropping her over something she had done. D:

Also, I love Maria's voice. She actually does a ton of voice work for Adventure Time and other shows.
I love when she goes into her "normal" voice when imitating her mom.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I just found out about season 2 last week. Such an awesome surprise. I'll be starting this tonight.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I enjoyed season 1. Not sure when I will get to watch this but I'm looking forward to it.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh... I hated her specials growing up. Although, it also didn't help that her specials aired on Comedy Central in the middle of my (legit)sick days.
If you're thinking of a 90s comedian then it's not Bamford. She got big in the 2000s.

Very excited to see this! Maria is one of the best comics out there.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 pulled me in with pugs. Now I genuinely love Maria for everything she is and does.

I'm all over this :D

Oct 27, 2017
Fred Melamed still in? I really liked season 1 and he was easily one of the highlights too.

His glass desk and the episode where he's obsessed with his ex-wife were hilarious.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I caught the first episode and it didn't really disappoint. I loved the first season and I thought it had some Arrested Development vibes to it. Plus, I can relate to her having mental issues and it being a part of this show.

And yes Fred returns.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea that this was already announced and read the title as if it said "season 2 is dropped".

Need to finish season 1.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just watched 4 episodes of the second season, each episode had a laugh out loud till you cry moment.
been a fan of maria for a long time, her comedy albums were always so fucking funny and smart, and this show is just a joy to watch, specially these days where all you hear is negative news.

BeYourOwn3AM

Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
I really enjoyed the first season of this show, but how the fuck did a second season of this get greenlit? It's such a weird brand of comedy to begin with, and the three time periods format only makes it more difficult to follow. I'm surprised there's enough of an audience to warrant it. I guess I shouldn't complain though.

And wow, yeah, those first two minutes of the season... didn't know I was opting into that.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
"Next thing I know my mothafuckin Goddamn self driving car goes fucking broken arrow on me! What the fuck!"

Next level writing, ive been laughing for a few minutes now