• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

Lady Gaga currently on Chapter V of Bayonetta (Update Chapter XIII)

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: This post started as an OP for a different thread that has now been merged.

So, I opened Twitter, and I just saw this tweet:

When you beat Chapter IV of Bayonetta and then realize Chapter V is going to kick your ass
secret #gamergirl THE SHADOW REMAINS TOUGH!!!!!!
Lady Gaga has 77.8 million Twitter followers, and now that audience has a tweet about Bayonetta on their feeds.

As far as I know, this is the first time Lady Gaga has ever tweeted about video games, and I find it interesting she calls herself a "secret #gamergirl."

Do you think celebrities feel they have to keep this hobby hidden? If so, why? If not, are these sorts of hobbies a "secret" because they don't come up in interviews? Did you ever think you'd see a pop star with Oscar buzz tweeting about Bayonetta?
Should Nintendo get Lady Gaga to promote Bayonetta 3? Record a song for Bayonetta 3?

As gaming becomes more and more mainstream and culturally relevant in places like the US, how do you see the spheres of gaming and celebrity intersecting?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I haven’t gotten to the Switch versions of Bayo 1 and 2 yet. Close to the end for my Xeno 2 play through so I’ll be able to make way through my backlog

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Man, Lady Gaga is not playing Fornite, or COD ect, but Bayonetta. Damn, i did not know she played video games. Amazing how much this hobby has penetrated the mainstream.

Oct 30, 2017
Weired I just started Bayonetta 1 on Switch for the first time. As someone who is LTTP to this game it's aged quite well and I'm enjoying my play through so far

Oct 25, 2017
I can only hope she finishes it as I imagine she'll love the ending routine.

Also, Lady Gaga to cover Blue Moon for Bayo 3.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can’t wait till #Secertgamer meme gets beaten into the ground. A Bajillion copies of RDR2 were sold. There are no “Secret Gamers” anymore.