• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I can only hope she finishes it as I imagine she'll love the ending routine.

tumblr_oqpapidDLn1saea7uo3_500.gif

Also, Lady Gaga to cover Blue Moon for Bayo 3.

Naters

Oct 28, 2017
Me and the rest of the gays are gooped and gagged! hahaha!
Hopefully she'll get to sing a song in Bayo 3.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're not really a secret #gamergirl anymore when you tweet something like this out. /s

Rake in those #Icanrelatetothisnormalactivity likes Gaga.

You do you.

VAPORxDYNE

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: I took way too long drafting up this OP and this is a duplicate with this thread. Please close this.

*I had no idea which side of ResetEra to put this on. I also wasn't sure if this was really threadworthy. I understand any mod decisions made.*

So, I opened Twitter, and I just saw this tweet:

Lady Gaga has 77.8 million Twitter followers, and now that audience has a tweet about Bayonetta on their feeds.

As far as I know, this is the first time Lady Gaga has ever tweeted about video games, and I find it interesting she calls herself a "secret #gamergirl."

Do you think celebrities feel they have to keep this hobby hidden? If so, why? If not, are these sorts of hobbies a "secret" because they don't come up in interviews? Did you ever think you'd see a pop star with Oscar buzz tweeting about Bayonetta?
Should Nintendo get Lady Gaga to promote Bayonetta 3? Record a song for Splatoon 3?

As gaming becomes more and more mainstream and culturally relevant in places like the US, how do you see the spheres of gaming and celebrity intersecting?

If she felt she had to keep it a secret then she probably would not have made the tweet. It's not like she would get publicly shamed by any relevant people for playing games or anything, especially not someone of her status. I don't think Nicki Minaj (sp?) got any shit for her Chun Li song based on it inherently being a video game reference. I'm more inclined to believe that she is killing 2 birds with 1 stone and is trying to attract a new audience to her shit. She knows that this sort of tweet will get people to post about it on gaming boards and it can potentially lead to gaming news sites write articles as they grasp at any sort of validation in the mainstream. Next week she might wear an ''over 9000'' dbz shirt or a JoJos shirt and be a secret #animegirl or something. It'd probably be a good idea. She has good taste in games though and hopefully this sells some Bayonetta games lol.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
-GAGA Plays videogames!
-Sooo?
-I mean she plays games.
-Cool.
-She plays Japanese game.
-Great.
-She plays Bayonetta!
-Good she has good taste. Moving on

Just because she is a star doesnt mean she can not or unable to enjoy same things as we do. I do feel though that videogames is one of little entertainments that Actors, Singer or sport stars can reliably escape to. These guys earns millions and can go to full party at Miami or race on their sports cars. However good old controller,TV and chill or focus gameplay on the couch does let escape from work,press or BS for a little while.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: This post started as an OP for a different thread that has now been merged.

Lady Gaga has 77.8 million Twitter followers, and now that audience has a tweet about Bayonetta on their feeds.

As far as I know, this is the first time Lady Gaga has ever tweeted about video games, and I find it interesting she calls herself a "secret #gamergirl."

Do you think celebrities feel they have to keep this hobby hidden? If so, why? If not, are these sorts of hobbies a "secret" because they don't come up in interviews? Did you ever think you'd see a pop star with Oscar buzz tweeting about Bayonetta?
Should Nintendo get Lady Gaga to promote Bayonetta 3? Record a song for Splatoon 3?

As gaming becomes more and more mainstream and culturally relevant in places like the US, how do you see the spheres of gaming and celebrity intersecting?
Gaga is the last person to keep a hobby like this hidden. She probably was just poking fun at the old "girls can't be gamers" thing.

And yes she should record a Bayo 3 song

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
EDIT: I took way too long drafting up this OP and this is a duplicate with this thread. Please close this.

*I had no idea which side of ResetEra to put this on. I also wasn't sure if this was really threadworthy. I understand any mod decisions made.*

I feel like celebrity and video games dont work together for many reasons

First its too cringy

Second its bad reputation for celebrities its the same way people on here dont like to be called gamers, so outside of promotions I dont see many celebs would take about video games at all , of course there are some exceptions.

Also I dont see gaga tweeting more about games, I think its just one time thing to see fans reactions maybe.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I think a lot of women down play the fact that they play games because the moment they chime up about it, a bunch of dudes get in their face questioning their #gamercred and demand to know the depths of their video game knowledge, least they start calling them fake gamer girls.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
That's cool.

I honestly thought Bayonetta was harder than the Dark Souls games. Maybe I'm alone in this but that game kicked my ass. Especially those two assholes that were fire and lightning.

DeeDogg

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Oh Christ she resurrected the gamer girl meme...if only she had known what unholy retribution her tweet had called down.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
bayonetta:
-greatest game of all time
-lady gaga plays it

your fav:
-not the greatest game
-lady gaga does not play it

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool.

I honestly thought Bayonetta was harder than the Dark Souls games. Maybe I'm alone in this but that game kicked my ass. Especially those two assholes that were fire and lightning.
I find action games (Bayonetta, DMC, Metal Gear Rising more difficult than the DS games as well.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone get her an ERA account so we can introduce her to the wonders of high-end PC gaming.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
For a moment I thought this was about Lady Gaga showing up in Bayonetta 3 and was like WTF!? She'll be there? Then I read the tweet and title carefully...

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
-GAGA Plays videogames!
-Sooo?
-I mean she plays games.
-Cool.
-She plays Japanese game.
-Great.
-She plays Bayonetta!
-Good she has good taste. Moving on

Just because she is a star doesnt mean she can not or unable to enjoy same things as we do. I do feel though that videogames is one of little entertainments that Actors, Singer or sport stars can reliably escape to. These guys earns millions and can go to full party at Miami or race on their sports cars. However good old controller,TV and chill or focus gameplay on the couch does let escape from work,press or BS for a little while.
But because she's famous, she might end up in the next Bayo game or play bayonetta in a movie or something

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
I feel like celebrity and video games dont work together for many reasons

First its too cringy

Second its bad reputation for celebrities its the same way people on here dont like to be called gamers, so outside of promotions I dont see many celebs would take about video games at all , of course there are some exceptions.
Wha? I think its pretty nice. With more celebs into 'em maybe, just maybe the days of games being portrayed with beeps and boops in media will come to an end lol. Plus celebs/athletes/whathaveyou are people kids look up to ya know? Giving 'em an additional reason to relates pretty cool.

she said gamer, be prepare for resetera to go in a frenzy.
Is gamergirl and/or secretgamer more acceptable than gamer? Lets find out!