• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't even consider it a significant part of my identity. Apply labels to yourself if you choose. Vibe:
q9YTzwO.png

A lot of the time "you're not a real gamer" is an accusation thrown at people who don't consider gaming to be their primary identity or worse, people who enjoy video games but are critical of many aspects of the industry, community, etc. 🤔 Should probably worry about that bit.

You do you and the dictionary is gonna do its own thing.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man this thread is giving me life. Gamers now calling Lady Gaga a fad. Lol

I hope the fad of discriminating against trans and queer people in gaming ends soon too. That's something people should be more concerned with.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
That's a real shame, I figured her style would be a perfect fit for the game.

Ah well, hopefully the game isn't centered too much around Keanu's character.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is basically another one of those threads that just goes in circle for days with people fighting each other until a mod finally decide to close it, isn't it?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Ah well, hopefully the game isn't centered too much around Keanu's character.
He has the most voice lines and dialogue out of any NPC in the game. In fact, the amount of voice lines he has is only second to the protagonist. Johnny Silverhand will definitely play a major part in this game's story.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean, you have a very vocal, insistent, and influential portion of the gaming community claiming the identity of "gamer" as representative of a certain ideal, and arguing that interlopers pushing particular "agendas" are encroaching upon that identity. The kind of people who would cast out those who bring up concerns about social issues or criticisms of elements of the prevailing culture as not being "true gamers." With that, is it any wonder that someone who enjoys games, is passionate about them even, but doesn't share that ideal would want to distance themself from the label? Yes, "gamer" can be ascribed to anyone who plays games regularly, but it's also come to embody another meaning as an insular identity that not every game enthusiast shares.
Exactly, more people need to understand WHY people who game might not want to be associated with the label of gamer ever since 2014 (or even longer back).

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, someone should probably let the Oscars know.

All those people still listening to her music making it still high in the charts too.

Seriously I'm not even a big Gaga fan but this is a weird hill to die on.

Same here, I've never been a Gaga fan although I'm perched for her SOPHIE album tracks for the next one. But trying to downplay a successful artist in the name of hardcore gaming to gain points is amusing.

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
You're clearly fucking trolling and have no actual discussion to bring to the table here. Keep up the good fight.

How am I trolling when I say she's a hasbeen? She really gave up on pop music cause she clearly can't do well anymore (2011 is the last time she was relavent in that scene) so she started pandering to old people and middle America to get a #1 song. Lady gaga is truly a fad and will never be as relevant as she was in 2008 or 2009.

Edit: You willingly listen to Sophie. I will not waste my time argue about music with you. Goodnight

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
How am I trolling when I say she's a hasbeen? She really gave up on pop music cause she clearly can't do well anymore (2011 is the last time she was relavent in that scene) so she started pandering to old people and middle America to get a #1 song. Lady gaga is truly a fad and will never be as relevant as she was in 2008 or 2009.

Edit: You willingly listen to Sophie. I will not waste my time argue about music with you. Goodnight
If you find yourself having to call someone a fad twice in an eight month period when they're being discussed around two different roles, neither of which are to do with why she became famous over a decade ago, I don't think the issue is with their relevance.

What issue do you have with her to where you need to jump into threads about her just to label her a fad? I'm not a fan of a number of artists out there but lack this care or compulsion to outwardly eye-roll when they're discussed or mentioned.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

lmao

You talk about Gaga pandering to old people and middle America yet try to drag me for listening to one of the most influential and innovative people in music today? BYE

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Good. She would not bring anything to the game other than probably some sales from her fans. I rather have no celebreties in videogames. They are expensive and i would rather see the developers put that extra money in the game rather than in actors. I like Keanu as an actor but have the same opinion about his presence in the game, to me dosent really add anything to the game, it actually harms the immersion as everytime i will see him, i will be like oh look Keanu again instead of thinking of the character as Silverhand.

Last edited:

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
He has the most voice lines and dialogue out of any NPC in the game. In fact, the amount of voice lines he has is only second to the protagonist. Johnny Silverhand will definitely play a major part in this game's story.

I remember reading this during E3, but I thought it wasn't confirmed?

Sucks if it's confirmed. I like Keanu, but with his character being so prominent it feels like it might negatively impact the open world/approach the game in your own way aspect.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I'd rather the money go towards other aspects of the game rather than celebrity VA's. Whatever Keanu cost it was too much, he's a shit actor.

Got to laugh at people thinking Lady Gaga will be in Bayonetta 3 though. Nintendo are too tight to even pay for union VA's, nevermind a AAA star.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018

She 'pandered to old people and middle America for a #1 song', which gave her a #1 song, #1 album and a movie that grossed 400 millions in 2019, yet she's a has-been?

Make it make sense.

EVA-02

Alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Love Gaga but Keanu is more than enough real actors for one game, i'd rather they keep this to a minimum

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I love the people going so hard to defend CDPR, saying don't punish the whole for the actions of a few individuals.

Keep that same energy next time I see you in a THQ Nordic thread.

Funny how the rules change, based on how beloved a company is.