• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
All I'm saying is that I don't think ANY games studio currently has the cash/clout to sign Gaga for an appearance deal. Especially if it's just cast in a role, instead of appearing explicitly to promote her own projects.

Like, MAYBE Rockstar could get her to sign on for something. But it'd be pointlessly expensive, even for them.

Look at the tier of celebrity that typically does celebrity appearances in games. Keanu's already a huge get, and he's several rungs below Gaga in the spectrum of celebrity. Ghost Recon is one of the biggest franchises for one of the biggest studios in the industry - and they signed on a fairly well known TV actor.

It really just looks like your stanning for Gaga a tad much to be frank.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I find this part interesting:

Back in March, the singer and actress was spotted at developer CD Projekt Red's Warsaw headquarters

So if she isn't in Cyberpunk, is she collaborating with the studio on another project? Did they attempt to get her on board for Cyberpunk but the deal didn't work out? Or is this report just false? Why else would she appear at their studio in Warsaw?

Edit: I'm perfectly cool with having as few celebrity cameos/roles in the game as possible.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to laugh a lot when Cyberpunk 2077 ends up winning ERA's 2020 GOTY.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find this part interesting:

So if she isn't in Cyberpunk, is she collaborating with the studio on another project? Did they attempt to get her on board for Cyberpunk but the deal didn't work out? Or is this report just false? Why else would she appear at their studio in Warsaw?

Edit: I'm perfectly cool with having as few celebrity cameos/roles in the game as possible.

Maybe she is just a fan of The Witcher?

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
As cool as it was when Keanu showed up at the end of the E3 trailer, and as strange as it may sound to be the least bit concerned about this, I'd really prefer they don't populate the game with a bunch of A-list celebs. I'd rather see more excellent actors I don't recognize.
Is Gaga A-list?

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Dismissing concerns around transphobia, antagonising other users, accumulated infractions.
Anti-LGBTQ 😂😂😂😂

This thread fucking delivers.

Onto the actual subject, that's a shame I like recognizable voice actors.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Did you just fucking dismiss an entire studio with hundreds and hundreds of employees as entirely anti-LGBTQ?

Shame on you.
So we can't criticize CDPR for what their leads do because some part of it might not be transphobes? Do we also give Riot a pass because clearly not everyone in there is a sexist asshole?

Come on.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR doesn't like LGBTQ+ people, why would they employ a gay icon?
and I- OOP!
giphy.gif

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
They were responsible for the absolute non-apology that came after that.
They are also responsible for hiring such people to represent CDPR, especially as we know it wasn't just one person and the Cyberpunk tweet person wasn't fired either. That, with their non-apology and response, suggests it's part of the company culture