• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
165768.jpg

Lady Sif was introduced in the first Thormovie and had a fairly substantial part to play in the story, but since then the character has been seriously underutilized in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with only a short cameo in Thor: The Dark World and an an appearance on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to boast of.

Well, the "Goddess of War" may finally be about to get the respect she's due - but this time on the small screen.

Discussing Film reckons Marvel is in the process of developing a solo Sif series for the Disney+ streaming service along with the likes of The Vision and Scarlet Witch and Falcon And The Winter Solider. We don't have many other details to go on just yet, but Jaimie Alexander is expected to return as the highly skilled Asgardian warrior.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.co...rumored-to-be-in-the-works-for-disney-a165768

OP
OP
Cocksman

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they are smart they should set this during the events of Ragnarok to explain her absence.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, someone posted this in the MCU thread and the source seems real sketchy. Assuming that this is true, which I doubt, I'd honestly be disappointed. They've got a Loki and Vision/Scarlet Witch show and they're gonna do a Lady Sif show? Nah, no way.

Vision / Wanda
Falcon / Bucky

Sif / Loki? straight up Journey into Mystery

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She was absent in Ragnarok when they killed off most of Thor's asgardian allies. If they kept this away from high fantasy, make it like Outlander or GoT it could be awesome.

I'd honestly prefer a Lady Thor run with Portman eventually.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
She was pushing hard for a female director, specifically Patty Jenkins. Eventually Patty walked away, simply expressing that she didn't believe in it, couldn't make their script work, and they probably were probably especially rigid at that time for wiggle room she would have wanted.

And it shows, as Thor 2 is about absolutely fucking nothing. There is no thematic heart to it.

OP
OP
Cocksman

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno if Universal's rights extend to television or streaming services but gimme dat Hulk miniseries, Feige!

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Jamie Alexander. Would totally watch this. I would watch pretty much any MCU show.

Really want them to hit Lupita up for one.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I never understood the popularity of this character. I feel like she barely had any scenes. Unless she had a lot in Thor 2, which I have excised from my mind.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
She was pushing hard for a female director, specifically Patty Jenkins. Eventually Patty walked away, simply expressing that she didn't believe in it, couldn't make their script work, and they probably were probably especially rigid at that time for wiggle room she would have wanted.

And it shows, as Thor 2 is about absolutely fucking nothing. There is no thematic heart to it.

That's part of it. The first part is she didn't want to come back for Thor 2 (despite being under contract for it) because she only did Thor 1 to work with Branagh.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't this talked about ages ago?

As for Blindspot, yeah that's probably not making it to another season given the ratings unless WB gives NBC a good deal for a shortened final season to wrap it up if they don't in the forth, might want to hit 100 episodes too.

taciturasa

Jan 10, 2018
Didn't even know this character existed, but after looking into it I'm honestly pretty excited to see this! I'm not much of a fan of MCU really, but the TV shows have managed to surprise me before, especially with Agent Carter and Jessica Jones.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Can't believe Blindspot is still going. The show is terrible and has low rating most of the time.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Yeah, someone posted this in the MCU thread and the source seems real sketchy. Assuming that this is true, which I doubt, I'd honestly be disappointed. They've got a Loki and Vision/Scarlet Witch show and they're gonna do a Lady Sif show? Nah, no way.

it makes sense, I mean after all Jamie Alexander did say Sif, in her way, is Marvels Wonder Woman.

Oct 26, 2017
You get a Disney+ series!
And you get a Disney+ series!

More importantly, when are they going to announce Darcy Lewis's show?

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She was absent in Ragnarok when they killed off most of Thor's asgardian allies. If they kept this away from high fantasy, make it like Outlander or GoT it could be awesome.

I'd honestly prefer a Lady Thor run with Portman eventually.

Portman is never coming back. They will either recast or use the Lady Thor Framework with another character.

MCU Lady Sif is awesome tho, they could easily adapt her to be Lady Thor if they want to go that direction.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do love me some Sif, so I like the idea. I was sort of assuming she'd never show up again after everything Asgard (except for Thor and Loki) got thrown out in Ragnarok. Valkyrie is as cool (if not cooler) but I think she has a much bigger future on the film side.

I'm not sure what the plot could be though. Maybe they could introduce Beta Ray Bill and have them go on adventures... though I guess that depends on whether these shows have "horseman cgi" level budgets.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Loki can carry a series. Scarlet witch and Vision can't carry a series, but together they can.

There's no way Lady Sif can. She's such a minor character, most fans of the MCU probably have no idea who she even is.