• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Initially play was stopped as the supporters were asked to refrain from their chanting of "Roman Zozulia puto nazi" (Roman Zozulia you fucking nazi). There were also large banners to add to the abuse. As this request was ignored, the decision was finally taken to suspend the game, the first time a game has been cancelled due to reasons of hate crimes, racism, homophobia in Spain.

Zozulia had joined Rayo from Real Betis in January 2017 but never played for the club after protests from fans forced him out. The supporters were not pleased over his perceived far-right connections, something the player vehemently denied.

There had initially been reports that the Albacete players did not want to return to the field following the half-time break due to the abuse being received by their Ukranian player. It had been noted by some commentators that this may, in part at least, have been related to going down to ten men shortly before the half-time whistle.In the end, neither side came out for the second 45 and we await a decision on where the blame will officially lie for the suspension - the abusing fans, or the visiting team for refusing to complete the game. Imagine the challenges that could lie ahead at the Camp Nou on Wednesday for chanting limits.
Updates to follow...

In case you're wondering, "is he really a nazi?", well...

Realize that both the media and LaLiga have been calling this "racism". To who? To nazis who fucking want jews gassed? LaLiga president and known piece of shit Javier Tebas gave his opinion on the matter today:

"Rayo doesn't want nazis, what if tomorrow another team doesn't want homosexuals?"

Absolute human garbage.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how long before right wing governments pass "equal rights" laws that exclude LGBTQ but include religious and political beliefs?

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I read it this morning. Fuck that nazi.
LaLiga is a shit organization and always has been.

Oct 27, 2017
Have to say I'm failrly confused about this and I follow football a lot. To my knowledge Zozulya was branded a neo-Nazi because a news article misattributed a Ukranian logo on a t shirt he was wearing to be a neo-Nazi symbol. I'm not sure what the image in the OP is showing either.

Have no compunctions with the concept of Tebas being a prick tho.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to say I'm failrly confused about this and I follow football a lot. To my knowledge Zozulya was branded a neo-Nazi because a news article misattributed a Ukranian logo on a t shirt he was wearing to be a neo-Nazi symbol. I'm not sure what the image in the OP is showing either.

Okay, what's with the photo of this player in a tweet...?
No that is not a coincidence.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017

1488nis a common nazi dogwhistle. 14 refers to the number of words in a racist saying, and 88 is HH or Heil you know who, because H is the 8th letter of the alphabet.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
i knew about 88 but i never heard about 14 before.

wait how does 14 make AH when 8 is clearly H and 4 is D.
It's not, they're wrong. 14's just the 14 words.

88 is Heil Hitler but depending on the Nazi may also be a reference to something a Nazi wrote called the 88 precepts but lol that would require them to read, so it's virtually always just HH.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Initially play was stopped as the supporters were asked to refrain from their chanting of "Roman Zozulia puto nazi" (Roman Zozulia you fucking nazi). There were also large banners to add to the abuse. As this request was ignored, the decision was finally taken to suspend the game, the first time a game has been cancelled due to reasons of hate crimes, racism, homophobia in Spain.

lol lol. Decades of monkey chants/bananas thrown and this is the first time a game has been cancelled for hate crimes/racism...

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
*stares at the pic for 1 minute*

"Wait, is pointing at the sky a nazi gesture now? why are we associating every single thing with nazism?

*looks at the scoreboard*

"oh fuck"

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Wow all the issues with racist abuse in Spanish football and nothing is done but calling a nazi* a nazi is the final straw.

*Assuming he is one.

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, outside of standing in front of 14-88, which is indeed suspect, is there anything else tying him to Nazis or far-right stuff?

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing new sadly. Everyone here knows that Tebas is a literal piece of shit.

Last edited:

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
they can fuck off all the way to the new world with that shit.

they can fuck off right over the edge of the flat Earth with that shit.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So how long before right wing governments pass "equal rights" laws that exclude LGBTQ but include religious and political beliefs?
0% chance for that to happen in Spain, taking into account the level of acceptance of LGBTQ is one of the highest in Europe.

LaLiga leadership is packed with hardcore nationalists and right wingers, so the response comes really as no surprise.
Yep, known asshole and homophobe saying this all the time. Reminder that he didnt want to promote the Spanish women league, which is part of the reason why it lagged when compared to the German or Italian one.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes comparing genocidal maniacs and homosexuality what a fucking apt comparison. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
The literal Nazi can absolutely get fucked.
Also, the line "Rayo doesn't want nazis, what if tomorrow another team doesn't want homosexuals?" makes me want to punch something. Punch something HARD.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Homosexuals of course being one of the groups who were victimized and murdered en masse by the Nazis. I think making that disgusting, homophobic equivalence must be one of the most wrong and vile responses to anything I've ever seen from an official. The fact he is not immediately ousted for that comment alone shows his organisation is utter trash itself.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Soooo................. after literally decades of racist and xenophobic abuse against foreign players (including throwing bananas at Black players)....this is the straw that broke the camel's back?

Alrighty then.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Throwing bananas and making monkey chants at players? Tell them to keep playing ref.

Call out a neo-Nazi? "Grave insults and threats" have been made, ref cancel the match!

The article in the OP only mentions that fuck face had a loan move cancelled due to protest by Rayo fans. But this is what they did:

The Ukraine international joined Rayo on loan in 2017 but the deal was cancelled hours later after fans turned up to training with a banner saying the town was "not a place for Nazis".

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Hey guys, 1488 is a HUGE nazi signifier and saying you don't know about it is a good thing. That said, its such an oddly specific signifier that for you to know about it you HAVE to know about your modern nazi movement and its something i doubt even a casual edgelord would joke about. The 14 words is literally the modern nazi movement slogan, lol.

so im confused with the 'we need more proof', lol

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Without that extra bit of information about him being a fan of the far right figure, would you not consider him a Nazi?

Why is everyone shitting on that person for asking for more insight? I had absolutely no clue what 1488 even was until I saw it explained up above in this thread. It's hard for people to stay informed if they get piled on just for asking a question.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why is everyone shitting on that person for asking for more insight? I had absolutely no clue what 1488 even was until I saw it explained up above in this thread. It's hard for people to stay informed if they get piled on just for asking a question.
But the explanation for 1488 was in posts above his question. So either he only read the OP and hit "post reply" or doesn't find just the one moment enough to be classified.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
But the explanation for 1488 was in posts above his question. So either he only read the OP and hit "post reply" or doesn't find just the one moment enough to be classified.

Well to play devil's advocate, it's not terribly difficult to entertain the (incorrect) notion that there is a slight possibility Roman didn't know what 1488 meant and was merely bragging about a score as the person asking other forum members questions about him didn't know what it meant either. With context it becomes blatantly obvious that Roman did know what it means and which is why it's good to provide more context/insight into the situation so more people are made aware.

And we have all been guilty of responding to OPs without reading every reply one time or another lol. :P they'll learn if that is the case haha.

Magni

I checked, his birthday is _not_ April 1, 1988, so there goes that potential excuse (gotta say I feel bad for the non-Nazis with that birthday).

88 is mainstream enough I feel like you can be dumb enough to joke about it without realizing what you're joking about, but with the 14 in there... I feel like once you read that level of knowledge you're past the point of being able to ignorantly joke about it.

Hope this gains some steam so that the dipshit league president can lose his post.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Hope this gains some steam so that the dipshit league president can lose his post.

LaLiga team supporters (fanatics are they called in english? not sure) have been hating on Tebas for years now, he just holds too much power in the company thanks to friends and connections. They have been trying to silence any peaceful team fanatic groups that don't share his views or call him out. "LaLiga" reports them to the antiracism and xenofobic organisation and fining the teams because of that (even when these fanatic groups are mostly antifa and "peaceful"*).

He's not going away anytime soon.

*Wrote peaceful in " " because some fights can happen with other team fanatics because of ""opposing views"".