• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
There was the Asterion concept before it, but this seems like the first real indication that Lamborghini is thinking forwards, and not just when it comes to alternative power.

1-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

And there's some pretty cool tech to boot:

There's some advanced tech here, too, as you might imagine with MIT's involvement. The most notable is the supercapacitor energy storage technology. Supercapacitors aren't ready for primetime yet, being very expensive and not quite as energy dense, although currently they're used in a few niche automotive applications. But MIT and Lamborghini want to produce one that'll work more like a main battery, but with greater ability to recharge and discharge quickly. That's ideal for brutal, explosive acceleration. If Lamborghini and MIT can make a breakthrough here, it'd let the decidedly conventional Lamborghinis of today (naturally aspirated, non-electrified) take a leap into the future on Lamborghini's own terms.
The company is also exploring carbon composite batteries utilizing nanotechnology, which the company claims would reduce weight and increase the discharge capacity of the batteries. So, it seems, the Terzo Millennio might combine the two power storage technologies into the same drivetrain.
The body is carbon fiber, and this concept previews some technology that can detect degradation in the carbon fiber early and potentially repair it with something called "nano-channels" utilizing a form of the technology that allows carbon composite materials to store energy. This technology deserves more explanation than we have room for here, and we'll get a deep dive on it as soon as we can.

More info and way more pictures at the source.

Polymath

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Goodness gracious me, I want it.

Edit: Time to put my million dollar scheme into action, so I can buy the eventual retail model.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Looks amazing. What is cool about the time we are in now is that these concepts usually turn into real cars. And with very little if any changes. Gone are the days of extravagant concepts that barely resemble the production vehicles.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Holy crap, the technology in it sounds like science fiction. Amazing how close we are getting to our wildest dreams

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of this tech sounds too good to be true. The self repairing materials stuff especially but if they can pull it off... well awesome!

Oct 30, 2017
I couldn't even back this out of my driveway without taking off both bumpers. Beautiful, but non functional vehicle.

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody does angular like Lambo. I wonder who reaches production first with an actual EV, Lambo or Porsche with that Mission E concept.

edit:
So where's Auto ERA anyways?

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you see a Lambo, you know what it is. I wish more affordable cars had that edgy design (and it's starting) but mostly everything is round.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The view inside that cockpit must be insane. Like it's glass all the way down to the floor almost.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wow .... it certainly looks mean ...

lamborghini-terzo-millennio-6-2.jpg

By the beard of zeus, just when i thought lambo had out angried itself and finally decided to tone down the Im angry arrggghh face.
They show off this concept?

This must have been designed before they were "softening" their cars.

The Aventador S looks soo much cleaner than its super pissed off older brothers.
Still nice and angular but only just so......no razerblades everywhere sharp.

This thing i wouldnt want to meet alone in a dark alley.....and im black.

Nobody does angular like Lambo. I wonder who reaches production first with an actual EV, Lambo or Porsche with that Mission E concept.
edit:
So where's Auto ERA anyways?

The Mission E or whatever the production version is gonna be called is def hitting the market well before Lambos EV.
Mission E Mules have already been spotted around they wanted a 2020 release but 2019 is looking very likely with they work they have already done............lambos EV is probably still on a drawing board in the room they keep all their rulers and set squares
sb1_8768.jpg

When you see a Lambo, you know what it is. I wish more affordable cars had that edgy design (and it's starting) but mostly everything is round.

Not even lambo wants to stick with the sharp design....they are slowly softening up their line up im sure their Huracan and Aventador replacements wont be as sharp as the Aventador SV
The Reventon looks much much older than it is because of the angular design....the early Aventador looks ancient, yet when you see the differences between it and the Aventador S there is very little....just giving the car some curves not blades helps the car look err modern.