• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Lance deleted the original tweets posted here, though I'm not going to include the new ones from him as it seems to give Hasan and Blue Box some legitimacy again. I'll update the thread if something tangible is shared (narrator: it wasn't).

edit: Here's a imgur album showing some of the leaked material/screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/TZBu7vX

Last edited:

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
This has been known since the start tbh, but a lot of people chose to be in denial and believe it was Kojima or something like that.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those threads were fucking goofy

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This isn't new information, he stated as such over a month ago on his podcast tour. Guys a fraud.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I mean... yeah. I feel like this has been clear for a while. Especially after someone did even a surface level amount of digging and made that Blue Box studios timeline.

Crazy thing to me still is how he somehow duped Sony into posting the game on their blog and allowing that embarassing demo on their store. I'm assuming he just lied and oversold the game, and the exclusive angle appealed to them so they posted it

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
I don't think there's anyone left that thinks Abandoned is real at face value and bluebox is just a clueless indie studio who found themselves turned into a sitcom type parody by accident. There's basically two ways this is going right now:

- People who think it's a scam
- People who think they're acting like this on purpose as part of a ruse

This is just more of the same stuff. If there is anyone left who thinks this is actually a legitimate indie studio who keep fumbling like George Costanza in a season of seinfeld...I dunno. All the best to them.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was very evident on Colin's interview that the guy is full of shit.

Hopefully we never see this "game" again.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's anyone left that thinks Abandoned is real at face value and bluebox is just a clueless indie studio who found themselves turned into a sitcom type parody by accident. There's basically two ways this is going right now:

- People who think it's a scam
- People who think they're acting like this on purpose as part of a ruse

This is just more of the same stuff. If there is anyone left who thinks this is actually a legitimate indie studio who keep fumbling like George Costanza in a season of seinfeld...I dunno. All the best to them.
We know it's a scam because the dude leading this has fucked around like this before

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. That Hasan dude seemed like a con artist from the very beginning.

Jul 2, 2021
im-shoked-im-shocked.gif

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the initial threads were some of the most fun I've ever had in this place, but once it became clear the developer was a scam artist it was just time to move on.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Blue Box Game Studios was founded in 2014 and has traceable history of failed Kickstarters, investors, and unfinished asset flip games. They've been doing this for years.

www.kicktraq.com

REWIND: A Cinematic Horror game for PC, VR and Console

A dramatic, emotional horror game in a cinematic gameplay experience with high quality visuals and audio

www.kickstarter.com

REWIND: A Cinematic Horror game for PC, VR and Console

A dramatic, emotional horror game in a cinematic gameplay experience with high quality visuals and audio

Additionally, anyone can hire Nuare.

It's been obvious since Day 1 that this isn't Hideo Kojima and many of us have been saying it from the beginning. This is arguably one of the most ridiculous absurd overblown rumours in recent gaming history.

No, Hideo Kojima didn't spend half a decade wasting time and resources on fake Kickstarters, low budget games, and scamming investors with a shell company just to bust out a surprise Silent Hills announcement in 2021. That's not how reality works.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
People gave this dude all sorts of oxygen with the stupid Kojima/conspiracy shit and now they're sick of him ?

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
This is almost as obvious as that thread with Sega saying they're going to be releasing video games.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I wonder if he'll get sued.

For what, I am not sure. But seems like something that at very least should get him blacklisted from getting SDK's to any major platform. (PC aside, I suppose)

megamanofnumbers

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
Looking forward to IGN uploading a new interview with this clown titled something like "Silent Hill 5 confirmed by Blue Box! New Insider Information!"

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Gotta be honest, while I still can't believe that the dev is pushing the narrative that it will be released one day and that they would go so far to prove a lie, I really like the look of this image.

OhBbIwB.jpeg

Might see if I can find a horror game similar to that.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Pulled the perfect con, really.

Standard investors scam that pulled enough leverage to con Sony and get representation in one of their marketing PRs, which alone would have been valuable in conning other investors. Having that Sony branded publicity would have offered a lot of leverage.

And then was further aided by a fandom that couldn't or wouldn't read the situation for what it very suspiciously was, and let their delusions and wishful thinking dominate the discussion. The discourse literally provided the con with free marketing and further exposure, that they quickly identified and exploited via the Kojima-like teasing to play into the conspiracy, giving them I assume even more clout to con investors.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
pretty ballsy of the guy, if this actually a scam.
People get death threats and doxing from Gamers for so infinitely less than that.

Last edited:

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
This guy wouldn't have accomplished anything except maybe put out an unnoticed shovelware asset flip in 2023, if it hadn't been for group of people desperately trying to convince themselves of a big new Kojima dream exclusive to Sony.

They're the ones who kindled the flame and kept it fed, and kept fanning it every time it started to die down. If it hadn't been for that, then Kahraman wouldn't have ever gotten the idea to lean into the Silent Hill thing for attention after the first wave of interest passed, even when the company's record had been well documented from the very start.

The fact that actual outlets and journalists kept amplifying this story on social media and with articles because "it's probably fake, but it's so interesting and mysterious!" was a genuine embarrassment to the industry. The part where Schreier put out an article saying that he was "left with more questions than answers," failed to identify the "partners" as asset stores, and uncritically repeated the "Kahraman 'translates to' Hideo!" bull without context was a massive dark stain on his record.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Pulled the perfect con, really.

Standard investors scam that pulled enough leverage to con Sony and get representation in one of their marketing PRs, which alone would have been valuable in conning other investors. Having that Sony branded publicity would have offered a lot of leverage.

And then was further aided by a fandom that couldn't or wouldn't read the situation for what it very suspiciously was, and let their delusions and wishful thinking dominate the discussion. The discourse literally provided the con with free marketing and further exposure, that they quickly identified and exploited via the Kojima-like teasing to play into the conspiracy, giving them I assume even more clout to con investors.

So he spent investor money to get the PS Blog treatment for the "game" and then used that publicity to get more investor money.

Bobbed and weaved his way around emulating the mysterious game motif like Kojima, got called out on it and kept having to backpedal and figure out ways to keep the aforementioned motif going, and now all the loose threads are being yanked on.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Hint: if an indie developer has a several-years traceable history with failed projects and Kickstarters (not to mention investors) underneath their belt, it's not Hideo friggin' Kojima. Full stop, suspect eliminated.

Everyone should use that for future reference. Blue Box Game Studios was founded when Kojima still worked at Konami.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
A STORY THAT COULD OVERCOME TO ALL OF US!

THE COMPLICATED PART IS, WELL, YOU'RE A PREY!

I really want someone to find the voice actor for that trailer and ask what she felt about reading that nonsense.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
If he scammed Sony, why hasn't Sony put him in the ground yet with lawyers?
I'm not a lawyer but I wouldn't say he scammed Sony. He used them to give some sense of legitimacy to his attempted scam, like he did with others directly and indirectly, but I don't think Sony is a victim. He paid Sony to publish a blog post and trailer on their official channels and he released a free thing on PSN, like any developer can, but people remember that as being a lot more.

Sony might be looking at their standards for what they allow on their blog though.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao this was obviously how this ordeal would end...

Unless Kojima is fucking with us still. OMG can you imagine?! What a twist, Bravo! He did it again!