• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Does the frame pacing seem way more noticeable in 60fps? I could generally ignore it at 30, but it seems really obvious here.

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017
The way this masterpiece is handled by From and Sony post launch is disturbing. No Pro patch. No info on next gen patches/enhancements. Just sad.

Oct 27, 2017
Proves it can be done with minimal effort. I fully expect Sony to release a remastered version for $50 though.

It's frankly disgraceful how this title has been treated.

Cleardata

Nov 1, 2017
What about the frame pacing? Was that not an issue as well? I didn't hear it mentioned in the video.

Baron Bliss

Oct 31, 2017
If one guy can get this done you gotta wonder why Sony couldn't at least get a similar patch done in time for launch. I get that they might do a remaster but a small performance patch like this shouldn't be an issue for a massive company like Sony.

Sweep14

Oct 27, 2017
Has Lance tried to contact SIE Worldwide studios ? It might be a clever thing to do. Maybe something can be done for this trick to officially materialize on PS5

Nov 1, 2017
Something important that's mentioned at the end of the video: To achieve the 60fps target, the internal resolution had to be reduced to 720p (vs. 1080p the game ships with). Perhaps this is why we never saw the option for the PS4 Pro.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
So strange to me that Sony won't commission the original dev team to patch one of their biggest cult hits from the generation

You just answered your own question. Even though it's a really good game, it's still a cult, niche game. It sold well because of marketing + the sheer amount of PS4s out there. But it'll never compete with a Spiderman, for example.

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
From Software are busy with Elden Ring.

Bluepoint could be hired to fix the frame pacing issues. I am not asking for them to make a reslmaster.

Granted a Remaster is warranted at this point at least. When BB came out, it was before PS4pro and thus has no optimized options like recent titles from Sony. They could go crazy. 1080p@60PFS or 4K@30FPS. They have the technology on the PS5 now.
Didn't Japan Studio work on Bloodborne? Why can't Sony have their own studio do it

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
I am confused how do you install unofficial patch to a game?

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Someone tweet Yoshida about it, but I would imagine if Sony had any intention to remaster bloodborne they would stay quite for now because they want all the attention on demon souls. It would be a 6months later release after demon souls for marketing purposes. Either get Qloc or Blue Point to jump on this quickly after they are freed up from finishing demon souls. No altering of the game require beside uping the res, frame rate, add TAA, hdr optimized it for ps5 SSD and add some qol improvements from later souls games like auto hide hud and L3 to jump. What Qloc did with dark souls 1 remaster was perfect framework for a bloodborne remaster.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
This essentially means you have double the amount of time to parry now...

EZ mode confirmed?

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda hope PlayStation upgrades BB and goes the Spider-Man Remastered route vs just a patch. I'd be willing to double dip if it means I can get the Platinum again at 4K/60.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Does the frame pacing seem way more noticeable in 60fps? I could generally ignore it at 30, but it seems really obvious here.
That's because it's not actually 60FPS, it's more like 45-55 going by the DF video. Since it's vsynced that means the frame times are constantly jumping between 16ms and 33ms, so yeah if you're sensitive to that, it's pretty bad. The framepacing issues at 30fps are fairly frequent but not continuous the way unlocked framerates are, so it's valid that you would find this to be more noticeable.

If it were a true locked 60fps then there would be no frame pacing issues as that's uniquely an issue of half (or third, quarter, etc) refresh rate frame caps.

symphonask

Oct 28, 2017
We have a Demon's Souls remake and a Darks Souls remaster.

Seems like a natural progression to get a Bloodborne remaster very soon.

All I want - 4k, 60fps and a toggle to turn off the chromatic aberration.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Something important that's mentioned at the end of the video: To achieve the 60fps target, the internal resolution had to be reduced to 720p (vs. 1080p the game ships with). Perhaps this is why we never saw the option for the PS4 Pro.

This is just "base" mode running on a Pro via Boost Mode, though. No official Pro mode means that it doesn't have access to over half the GPU power, in fact it is just 14% clock speed increase (800 vs 911Mhz). It does have full access to the CPU increase though (1.6 vs 2.13Ghz). This would need retooling in order to take advantage of the Pro and would likely be able to run at 60fps at 1080p.

PS5? Shoot for the stars and then some. 4K/60fps should be the absolute minimum expectation.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
if the experience is like going from PS3 Blighttown in Dark Souls 1 to Blighttown Remastered then sigh me the fuck up.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is just "base" mode running on a Pro via Boost Mode, though. No official Pro mode means that it doesn't have access to over half the GPU power, in fact it is just 14% clock speed increase (800 vs 911Mhz). It does have full access to the CPU increase though (1.6 vs 2.13Ghz). This would need retooling in order to take advantage of the Pro and would likely be able to run at 60fps at 1080p.

PS5? Shoot for the stars and then some. 4K/60fps should be the absolute minimum expectation.

Lets hope that patch comes then.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to run even better than the previous version of the mod, pretty impressive.
Just unlock the frame rate with a patch and let boost mode do the rest!
From what I remember reading plenty of gameplay-related stuff is timed to 30fps in Bloodborne, the modder had to do more than just unlocking the framerate. So it will take a bit more effort than just uncapping the framerate. If Sony feels like doing it.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
I really wish Bloodborne wasn't a Sony owned thing. But I assume that, if it wasn't, it probably wouldn't even exist would it?
It was because of Sony that the souls series even got a start with Demon's Souls. The whole souls series probably wouldn't even happen if demon's souls didn't get the support from Sony that it did.

It seems that a patch is definitely possible, and the fact that they are including this in the PS+ collection makes me optimistic for an official patch.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Demon's Souls was produced by Sony, Demon's souls wouldn't have probably existed without Sony.

web.archive.org

Interview: Demon's Souls | Features | Edge Online

It’s hard to imagine a game more at odds with gaming’s current fashions than Demon’s Souls. As developers fall over themselves to reward players for the emptiest of achievements, From Software’s stern demand that players learn, understand and master its game’s systems, or else face severe...

The game itself was developed by from software under the supervision of Sony.

Even the nature of the game was understood correctly by Sony during development:
?

I'm talking about Bloodborne, the game that was sandwiched between Bamco releases.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
If they do a full remaster I hope they offer a paid upgrade path from the original version. Otherwise wouldn't make sense for them to include it in the PS+ collection as that would probably eat into the potential sales of a full remaster.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
It was because of Sony that the souls series even got a start with Demon's Souls. The whole souls series probably wouldn't even happen if demon's souls didn't get the support from Sony that it did.

It seems that a patch is definitely possible, and the fact that they are including this in the PS+ collection makes me optimistic for an official patch.
While yes, obviously. Sony didn't believe in the game clearly since Atlus brought it West.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
That's a power move, he's politely putting some high tier pressure on Sony/From.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Lance is streaming it now with the patch applied and a debug menu

www.twitch.tv

LanceMcDonald - Twitch

😩SHE🔥RISIN💦MY🔥RONIN😍PARTS👀GOT😩ME🍓SHEATHED😩GIRTHLED💦(Armpits Shaved?😍)😩🍓(Stink Hams?✅)💦(Slime Girls?✅)😍😩💦(SIXAXIS😩Moans?)

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
This will be a 4k checkerboard 60fps remaster at full price. No way they release a free patch.

They would need to do more work than just a res and framerate bump to justify a pricetag. Better textures or lighting or features, something. I just don't see them investing the time and money to do that for Bloodborne right now.

If they only do a 60fps patch, it will be a free update. No way they charge for that.