• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think Bloodborne PC will ever come out

• Yes

Votes: 533 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 683 56.2%

• Total voters

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I mean it's not uncommon that game developers build a game on PC early on in a project and then it never sees the light of day on that platform.

I think this type of thing is almost always more of a strategy question, than a technical one.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Lance is the only person I trust with Bloodborne leaks. Anything he writes I consider gospel unless it's officially refuted, and even that has to be more than a "no comment." I very much believe Sony knows that Bloodborne PC would be a phenomenon and is holding off on development/release until some very lean window in their first party release schedule.

Sep 6, 2022
It's bizarre that we saw the massive success of Elden Ring on PC and also the success of Sony's PC ports. And here's a game that unite both sides of this story... just sitting there.
If Elden Ring had any impact on Sony's decision regarding Bloodborne, we would not be seeing the effects of that, this year.
I know time is wonky these days, but Elden Ring released just a few months ago lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
the game runs like shit. the game needs a port

People exaggerate so fucking much about this it's honestly embarrassing. There are so many games out there that run INFINITELY WORSE than Bloodborne does.

Y'all really just wanna keep paying Sony over and over again for shit you already own, huh?

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'll surely release on pc someday in the future but i don't think it'll be an updated PS4 version.

I'm sure after the success of Demon's Souls remake Sony'll just wait for the PS6 launch to release a full fat Bloodborne remake from Bluepoint. Then a few years after that a PC port of the Remake will release.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Windows 7 though? Especially by the time Japan Studio got shut down in 2021?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
What's bluepoint doing?
They are working on "original content".

That most likely means they are not working on a remaster of a old game. They could be working on sequel to some older game, or they are simply working on a new IP but have not worded it as such when they talked about their future game.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm gonna preface this by saying I know nothing of development, but this sounds like Sony Japan just had like a development/debugging version of the game on Windows and not necessarily a version meant for release?

Like isn't a lot of game development done on PC and then eventually ported over to the console? Especially since this is a Windows 7 version, it makes sense to me that they'd have started developing the game on PCs of the time before there were any PS4 dev kits or something since the game was definitely being worked on before the PS4 dev kits would have been finalized…

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
It'll surely release on pc someday in the future but i don't think it'll be an updated PS4 version.

I'm sure after the success of Demon's Souls remake Sony'll just wait for the PS6 launch to release a full fat Bloodborne remake from Bluepoint. Then a few years after that a PC port of the Remake will release.

Its unlikely Bluepoint is doing remakes anymore.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna preface this by saying I know nothing of development, but this sounds like Sony Japan just had like a development/debugging version of the game on Windows and not necessarily a version meant for release?

Like isn't a lot of game development done on PC and then eventually ported over to the console? Especially since this is a Windows 7 version, it makes sense to me that they'd have started developing the game on PCs of the time before there were any PS4 dev kits or something since the game was definitely being worked on before the PS4 dev kits would have been finalized…

Entirely possible, yeah. Windows 7 is a pretty weird platform for a PC port when Japan Studio shut down LAST YEAR.

But for an in-the-works version of a game that came out in 2015? Easily believable.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Since Demon's Souls has yet to come out on PC, I wonder if Sony is in a weird place because releasing both Demon's Souls and Bloodborne on PC close to each other would definitely make of those 2 underperform saleswise.

naw

Oct 25, 2017
It does not run like shit. It could run better for sure, but as someone who has played the game a thousand times, it does not run like shit. Thats extreme exaggeration.
i don't think it's an exaggeration. the 30fps and bad framepacing, combined with the blurry 1080p resolution just makes the game not fun to play on. i played bloodborne for the first time 2 months ago and quit strictly because the performance was so bad. i'm not saying the game needs a full on remake, but it needs a 60fps patch at the bare minimum. to me, it is unplayable

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its unlikely Bluepoint is doing remakes anymore.

It doesn't need to be Bluepoint but i would wait how successful their new IP turns out before closing the door on remakes.

Also they could split into 2 studios. One for new IPs and one for AAA remakes. Especially with the PS6 many games from the PS4 generation will come into the 2 gens ago time where a Remake of a popular game could make sense.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
i don't think it's an exaggeration. the 30fps and bad framepacing, combined with the blurry 1080p resolution just makes the game not fun to play on. i played bloodborne for the first time 2 months ago and quit strictly because the performance was so bad. i'm not saying the game needs a full on remake, but it needs a 60fps patch at the bare minimum. to me, it is unplayable

Unplayable yet plenty of people play it fine?

Its fine for you not to like it, but to call it unplayable is a little... extreme.

Fudus

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2020
To me it feels like Sony is prioritizing PC ports of games with franchise potential.
So unless a BB2 or a BB movie is in the cards then I don't see a PC port being given any priority

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
I don't understand how any of this is surprising. The game was developed on a PC, for a PS4 that is also a x86 platform. Of course there was a PC build running. Of course it could have been flagged to run at 60fps.

The real question is whether Sony has any intention of investing the money to bring the game back, invest in QA and marketing and support for it. These are not negligible expenses. It looks like the answer to that so far is no.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
Beyond the fact that he's confirmed it's his own speculation, it doesn't make sense in the first place.

Dark Souls 1, Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (separating it out since it's the PS4/XBO version), Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, and Elden Ring all made it to PC. Demon's Souls' code made its way, fairly easily, to PS5 which uses modified current-gen PC hardware. There's no way they fucked up one project that much just randomly. It even uses the same engine as all those projects (we know thanks to Lance) and has many of the same bugs and quirks as Dark Souls 3.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
It doesn't need to be Bluepoint but i would wait how successful their new IP turns out before closing the door on remakes.

Also they could split into 2 studios. One for new IPs and one for AAA remakes. Especially with the PS6 many games from the PS4 generation will come into the 2 gens ago time where a Remake of a popular game could make sense.

For sure, anything could happen. Yet they seem really excited to do something new and to move on, and it makes sense with their technical wizardy they would eventually want to work on something that is their own. I think people just need to allow BP to do what they want and not immediately go for the remake scenario. They shouldn't be the go to all the time.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, people say that thing about "spaghetti code/the engine is built around the *console* too deeply" about any old game that hasn't been ported anywhere. It's just one of those forum poster things.

Oct 27, 2017

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
A Demon's Souls style top to bottom remake of Bloodborne on PS5 would be incredible.

I would honestly just prefer an updated frame rate for the PS5. There is no need for any changes beyond that. The game still looks great, and I don't think it would benefit from any aestethic changes, which would be inevitable with a remake.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
The idea that sony couldn't patch it was always dumb. If a modder did it then so can they. They know the demand is there.

IMO sony is prob looking at a remaster or remake at this point.

lol at this...

Same thing everytime. Says something, people create narrative, then says its speculation...
Apparently people who listened to the podcast or whatever said it was speculation from the jump.

Kazuma Kiryu

Oct 28, 2017

patrick-stewart-mild-shock.gif

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
After some weeks of Metroid Prime HD, Zelda remasters, Metal Gear remasters and Silent Hill, this is here just for tradition

Liquid

Banned
Sep 13, 2021
The real question is whether Sony has any intention of investing the money to bring the game back, invest in QA and marketing and support for it. These are not negligible expenses. It looks like the answer to that so far is no.

Finally a good take. I hate that Lance always says: oh it's just two lines of code. People ignores that there needs to be QA to check if those two lines of code are not breaking other parts of the game and if they are, they need to fix those. It's not a work easy to be done and especially not worth it if there's no plans to continue the franchise.

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently people who listened to the podcast or whatever said it was speculation from the jump.
I see.

In this case I really gotta wonder, how did this idea even get thought up? Especially with how we have proof of the game running 60 fps by Lance's mod, yet somehow Grubb thought this was likely.

To be honest people share the same blame for this idea spreading and I wish it would stop. It's stupid.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Bloodborne entered a break glass in case of emergency for Sony.

At this point they can wait on it and have someone do a remastering of it when needed but its not a priority. (Bluepoint and Nixxes)

Oct 25, 2017
I will die on the hill that there is a 0% chance we are not getting a PS5 / PC version of this game. It would make so much money on PC right now.

They just remade Demon's Souls which is about a third as popular and are putting everything else that was popular on PS4 on PC, it's going to happen one way or another. It's likely lower priority since there isn't an active team internally that "owns" (oversees) the code and would likely take more time to get it up and running logistically vs. Spider-Man, Uncharted 4, etc.

There is always the chance that once Demon's Souls is on PC they wouldn't want to do Bloodborne unless it's a remake as well. That's a good way to piss off hardcore fans of the original no matter how faithful it is, so seems like logical route for Sony to go.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020
They could just patch the existing game for much less than they would spend redoing the entire game to sell it for $70. It would also require far less marketing spend as word of mouth alone will do a lot of heavy lifting.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I don't really get the point being made that they are not continuing the 'franchise', so no real reason to re-release Bloodborne. It was a decently successful game but is part of a series of titles which are becoming the biggest RPGs in the world. It would be an obvious win from what I can see that would be worth the QA effort to get out.

We also don't really need a Bloodborne 'franchise', it's a very nice one-and-done kinda game. But would be nice to have it scaled up and improved a bit and Elden Ring would lead to some renewed interest in checking it out

(the word 'franchise' always reminds me of MacDonalds lol)

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
The fact that they brought Demons Souls back mana that one day Bloodborne will be back. Maybe at the PS6 launch. Wherever Bluepoint isn't busy I guess. Anyone can port it but I bet they want it to be an event or to be able to sell it again.

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, the thing is: they actually kinda ARE, proportionally to any realistic projection of potential sales.
We are talking about the kind of game that if reasonably priced for a late port (29-39$) could easily grind 1million+ sales on Steam in days.
Potentially even a lot more than that, if stars align.