• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
sylens was wasted in forbidden west so getting more of him in a potential dlc would be great. there was an area in the game that hinted very much at an expansion so this isn't too shocking.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
If it's for the expansion, I really do hope they add things like underwater combat and give you more to do with the last mount you receive in the campaign. Sorry, repeating myself from a different thread earlier. LOL

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
Lol actors and the regional twitter accounts are the best sony leakers

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Expansion incoming. Also it's crazy how far RPGs have come when it comes to presentation. We went from them always being known for having way more limited animation quality compared to other AAA games to characters like this:
Yerjt3J.gif

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
No breadsticks? This should definitely be for a Frozen Wilds type expansion next year.

DimpleSan

Jun 16, 2020
I haven't played Forbidden West yet but I am planning to, and boy do the comments in this thread bum me out. He was the best part of the first game and reading that he's barely in Forbidden West makes me less excited to play it, at least now I have lowered expectations, and hopefully something to look forward to with whatever he's recording.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably for the Hoover Dam DLC that has been basically confirmed for a while.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Expansion incoming. Also it's crazy how far RPGs have come when it comes to presentation. We went from them always being known for having way more limited animation quality compared to other AAA games to characters like this:
Yerjt3J.gif

Yep I just had flashbacks to the same 4 canned animations repeated throughout long conversations in FFXIII-2. How many times are you going to brush your hair to the side, Serah???

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Forbidden West yet but I am planning to, and boy do the comments in this thread bum me out. He was the best part of the first game and reading that he's barely in Forbidden West makes me less excited to play it, at least now I have lowered expectations, and hopefully something to look forward to with whatever he's recording.

He's in it about the same as the first game. I would have thought more but maybe not?

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Just sold the game but I can probably wait for the "GOTY" edition to play the DLC. Glad to see it's coming to this game, too.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
I thought he maybe just used the first hashtag at hand for work he was doing on the VR game, but with it now deleted it's for sure something unannounced

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
What was the tweet? And yeah, I'd like to see more of Sylens, I always get a kick out of him making fun of Aloy and acting like he's above her lol, Sylens is great.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Sony has been doing smaller scale games instead of expansions with Lost Legacy, Miles Morales, First Light, etc. It's possible this is a standalone release. It could also be DLC of course but considering the Frozen Wilds turnaround, I expected them to have announced it by now.

Sep 13, 2022
Lance Reddick is the man

From mysterious guy on Lost, to Head of the Fringe Division to being the voice and face of Destiny. Dude just has the whole voice thing on lock and probably my favorite voice actor in games.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Probably an expansion. He hashtagged FW because he wasn't about to hashtag the expansion name

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah. Bring on the Burning Shores expansion.

Still my GOTY this year so far.

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they're willing to get weird with it and introduce some one-off gameplay mechanics. HFW is very good, but there's a lot there already, and more of the same seems like too much.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
And here I was thinking Sylen's was in FW a lot aha.

Keen to hear there seems to be an expansion coming. Hopefully it won't be long until we get proper confirmation.