• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Lady Lara Croft (born 14 February 1968) is a British archaeologist and treasure hunter, most commonly known for her discovery of several noted artefacts, including Excalibur, the fabled sword of King Arthur.

https://www.wikiraider.com/index.php/Lara_Croft

I'm playing my first runthrough of Shadows and all of a sudden "Happy Birthday Lara!" pops up on the loading screens.

Well, it's nice to know I'm playing a video game character who's older than me.

She's still got it.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I can't remember how many times I accidentally killed her in the mid 90's, just trying to get close to the edge of something...so I could hop back, then run forward and jump.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I would love to see that. There aren't too many games with older women characters.
Yup. People like Nathan Drake with some grey hair, though I think he was still in his late 30s. But beyond that Old Snake was popular. Old Man Logan was quite popular in comics and in film. Why not Lara too. Give her that patented grey hair side braid so many aged well old lady's in media rock.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
50 year old women in video games

apps.51540.68341278834371820.da6b5e49-d75e-41ad-830e-c1bbb9dd01a0.5791ad57-e360-4e36-a2b5-2a6da19eb00e

50 year old men in video games

maxresdefault.jpg

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
That's OG Lara.

Reboot Lara's DOB was moved to somewhere in the early 90's I think. Same birthday though.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to actually have a game with a 50+ plus lara. We basically don't get any older woman games. Pretty sure Chloe in lost legacy is maybe around 40 or just under.

Last edited:

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
I had a feeling when I first played the original that she might have had some surgery.

Never looks quite right, does it?

lara-croft-tomb-raider-1-cosplay-edgy.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I think that an older Lara Croft game would be interesting. She's lost a lot of her athletic ability to time and struggles to cope with not being able to use her elite athleticism to escape the traps that she used to escape. The act of aging itself is the central conflict that she has to get over in the game rather than some TRINITY KILLED MY POPS shit.

Oct 27, 2017
You know, having Laura be a 40- or even 50-something woman would've been a cooler direction to take the reboot than what they went with. Oh well.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Going to try to play Tomb Raider today then.... I love the new Trilogy

And 52 eh... she's in the same age group as Monica Bellucci............... ;)

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'd honestly love to see a Tomb Raider with an older Lara. I'd also love to see a crossover with Nathan Drake, but we all know that ain't gonna happen. Within her own universe, an older, more experienced, but ultimately very human Lara being forced to confront her own mortality while doing what needs to be done to save the world from yet another dangerous threat would be awesome. In my mind, I liken her to Sigourney Weaver as Ripley in the Alien movies. She clearly got older, but was still a badass. I want to see a Ripley style Lara. Veteran and still kicking ass. Maybe schooling a new group of young and obnoxious Tomb Raiders on how you get shit done.