• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
All that climbing paid off:
DcNO3OuVMAU4peE.jpg:large

Physique In Comparison to Rise:
physiquesxu9o.jpg

Muscle mass:
DcOFU_BU0AAKheA.jpg:large

Note this is from their gear guide for cosplayers and isn't exactly reflective of the graphics that'll be seen in the final game. Just the model posed with standard lighting. Also should clear up some misconceptions as some believed that her face had been redesigned again due to the CGI trailer.

MOD EDIT:
The amount of juvenile, lame, and crass jokes and reactions in here is shameful and embarrassing. Get this thread back on track. Future posts that engage in this behavior will be actioned appropriately.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I actually dig this outfit much more than in the previous reboot games. No more regular tank tops please

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I like that she has an 'outfit' - I could take that as a redesign of her more iconic look.

I'm not so sure about the new signature pose though.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lara looking more jacked in this one and actually seems to be actually be a bit thicker all around than the more slim physique we've seen her with in the past few games. I like it, comes off a bit more realistic for a lady doing what she does.

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Ehh. This game already had one major strike against it, what with it being the sequel to the god-awful ROTR, and this new design just makes it look even worse.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Likes like a cheap toy you get from stores compared to a play arts figure from the first tomb rider reboot

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
That pose looks really awkward to me.

EDIT: It would actually work if she was holding a bow in one hand pulling an arrow out of a quiver on her back with the other, but she doesn't have either of those so it just looks weird.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Only seeing an image tag
The problem with uploading to other sites would be even further compression than the twitter version. :|

Ehh. This game already had one major strike against it, what with it being the sequel to the god-awful ROTR, and this new design just makes it look even worse.
Try actually articulating what's bad about it.

Maybe it's the lighting but her character model looks kind of cartoonish
Like Uncharted the devs of TR slightly stylize the characters instead of going for total photorealism.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with uploading to other sites would be even further compression than the twitter version. :|

Try actually articulating what's bad about it.
Third person shooter with no hip fire

Build fire in first 30 minutes to keep warm then forget that shit exists

What is a video game story

Bad guy wants to take over the world just so the stakes are "high"

Hand to hand combat is a joke

Etc etc.

I loved TR 2013. Fucking loathed the sequel what with its bloated "hub" worlds and whatnot

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Weird pose. Like the added muscle. Really hope there will be alterante outfits as has been customary so far since 2013.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Third person shooter with no hip fire

Build fire in first 30 minutes to keep warm then forget that shit exists

What is a video game story

Bad guy wants to take over the world just so the stakes are "high"

Hand to hand combat is a joke

Etc etc.

I loved TR 2013. Fucking loathed the sequel what with its bloated "hub" worlds and whatnot
I meant the outfit. Bad guy wanting to take over the world isn't an inherent negative against the game btw. That wasn't even the main motivation of the main antagonist.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
MOD EDIT: Removed image.
Best I've ever seen in a game :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I like the increase in muscle mass/toning, th outfit is eh. I prefered the others. Its can't put my finger on why. The best I can guess is I find the weird middle of the road tone off putting. Its not fully casual and its not fully militant.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I got the impression from the CG trailer that Shadow Lara was going to be a muscular Rise Lara.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Dig this. Definitely more realistic for a woman who is pulling her body weight ledge over ledge and then fighting big dudes. The side by side comparison isn't great because of the angle of the new model though.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Weird pose. Like the added muscle. Really hope there will be alterante outfits as has been customary so far since 2013.
I'm running purely on assumption here, but the gear guide this page is taken from has an entire page dedicated solely to the bow and arrow and also features her quiver. So I assume that's what the pose is supposed to represent.

The side by side comparison isn't great because of the angle of the new model though.
Part of why I put a disclaimer in the OP, i'm sure some outlet or multiple is gonna have an entire article dedicated to the work the devs put into the model with some pretty in-engine renders.

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
The old model looks a lot better in that comparison. Hopefully it looks a lot better in the game.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I don't really like it, it's too smooth and modern. I always preferred the more leathery layered outfits with darker colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.