• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Happened within the last hour but this was a big one. Early reports are it hit the Lower Ninth Ward in New Orleans and Arabi, just south of there.

No reports on injuries or deaths but there's extensive damage across the area and no one is being allowed into St. Bernard Parish at the moment. Homes being reported gone in Arabi and that this happened at night is even worse.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like all varieties of extreme weather events have been really ramping up.

My thoughts are with all of those affected.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
This shit is scary. I hope the people filming are very fast on their feet if the twister swings their way

OP
OP
NihonTiger

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, is this the same band that hit Houston at around 6-7am? Was hailing while I took a shower this morning. Hope everyone is ok in LA.

Tail end of the same storm system, yeah. An outbreak of severe weather has been forecasted today for parts of Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana. Took a long while for things to fire up but they eventually did. There have been several tornadoes spotted throughout the day further north and east of New Orleans.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Oh shit just turned in the TV news to see if they were reporting on it and the video they showed looked bad. Flipped cars and lots of downed trees. It's dark so gonna be tough to get a good assessment.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
meteorologist based on early data tweeted a map of where it likely traveled and when. Scary stuff to happen in such a metropolitan area

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of freaky weather in the south the last week or so

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Did they gentrify the lower 9th ward after Katrina? Either way, that area seems to get hit the hardest by everything.

I know they were working to rebuild but I feel like some projects were abandoned.

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
I have a dumbass friend that lives right near Arabi. I texted him to see if he was alright, and he was like "yeah, why? lol"

Bro, pay attention.

My SO is from tornado alley and she started getting very concerned when the sky started flashing green. Tornados are *not* common here (though they've become increasingly common over the past several years). Locals don't really know what to do.