• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I will be happy if this ends up as either Original Sin III or Baldur's Gate III. Larian is a very talented developer and could do great stuff with a game based on Dungeons & Dragons licence.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
To quote CEO of Larian Swen Vincke
If better games mean better sales (which intuitively seems right, even if there are counterexamples) then it makes good sense to adopt the following strategy: make a good game, use the opportunities (both technically and financially) created by that good game to make the next game even better. Repeat. Enjoy increasing sales.
Original Sin 2 was my first Divinity game and my GOTY that year. I'm very much anticipating whatever comes from that studio :D

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this is most likely going to be Original Sin 3. Have they given indication they want to do different styles of combat?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
That is a hot take. D:os2 is a gantastic crpg, but i dont think it reaches the highs of bg2. Its lows are probably better than bg2s lows though, especially after the definitive edition.

Yeah, no ruffled-feathers meant though.

Both BG2 & D:OS2 are Top 5 CRPGs of All Time (with Planescape sitting on top, imo.)

Just think OS2 edges out BG2 in the end.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably the sequel to Ego Draconis, not Original Sin 2.

divinity2__88312.jpg

I guess they're ready to tackle a full blown open world RPG now.
Great soundtrack. I'd love another one of these.

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Yeah it's probably Divinity 3 (original sin or just divinity).

But what if it's really Baldur's Gate 3? Just imagine Bloodlines 2 and a new Baldur's Gate announced the same year - RPG croud will lose it's sanity.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've been holding out for 2 to be ported to Switch, is that a silly hope? I've been really wanting to try these games

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Divinity Original Sin 2 is hands down one of the best RPGs to come out in years so I'm all in on their next game.

I've been holding out for 2 to be ported to Switch, is that a silly hope? I've been really wanting to try these games

I feel your pain. I've been playing on PC because I got tired of waiting after playing it at PAX South the year before it came out. I'd love if it happened but it really is a meaty game. I recommend playing it as soon as you can if possible. It's just...they don't tend to make them like this anymore.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

It's real. If you download the video and open it with a text editor you will find.

<photoshop:TextLayers> <rdf:Bag> <rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="©2019 Wizards of the Coast. All rights reserved. Baldur's Gate," photoshop:LayerText="©2019 Wizards of the Coast. All rights reserved. Baldur's Gate, Dungeons &amp; Dragons, and their respective logos are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. ©2019 Larian Studios. All rights reserved. Larian Studios is a registered trademark of Arrakis nv, affiliate of Larian Studios Games ltd."/> <rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="GATHER YOUR PARTY" photoshop:LayerText="GATHER YOUR PARTY"/> <rdf:li photoshop:LayerName="GATHER YOUR PARTY" photoshop:LayerText="GATHER YOUR PARTY"/> /rdf:Bag /photoshop:TextLayers

Feb 12, 2019
HOLY SHIT. I guess this explains why they outsourced the Divinity XCOM game to the Expeditions Viking people. If there's one developer I'd trust to make Baldur's Gate III, it's post-OS2 Larian.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE VENTURING FORTH

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Palehorse

Oct 25, 2017
Victoria
Sure that's compelling...but there's also references to Project Gustav...which rumours said was a new game in the BG universe....so that's extra compelling. What's my point!

So many questions.

Stellar

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
eh really not a fan of this company's other games but i guess we'll see how BG3 looks if that's what it really is.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
BG3 would be great, if they keep it RTwP. I would like to see Larian's take on RTwP and would be rather disinterested if it is TB.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really wanted to like OS and the like but their 3D engine and cooler palate was really disorienting to me. But TBF, I have vision and color problems.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
It being BG3 would be great. Anything involving numbers is the part of Larian's games I don't usually get along with as well, so hopefully the trappings of the source material would help with that on top of all the stuff they're actually amazing at.