• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I will never say no to more RPG goodness, but real-time with pause ain't my jam so I hope they go turn-based. I will check it out either way though.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Baldies Gate 3. By Larian.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh shiiiiiiiit. This is unreal. I never thought this would happen.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I am shaking.
My hands are shaking.
What is happening to me
You rolled a 1, I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do.
There are eyes in that picture. EYES. Bloodborne III confirmed.

tut2qu1wqd131.png
18rcqdvso3aoyjpg.jpg

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
In case there was any doubt, a lot of people are privately confirming to me secondhand/obliquely that this is for real. Holy fucking shit.

Not familiar with how this studio handles reveals, maybe you are, is it the type to reveal a game and it be out the same year or Spring next year or the type to reveal at E3 and release the game years away?

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting this, but it would be super cool if they went with the original story pitch for BG3: The Black Hound

Palehorse

Oct 25, 2017
Victoria
Knowing Larian they will have an extensive beta - early access period to get feedback but I expect even that will be a year away.

This is unreal. Pinch me, someone.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of weird to be talking about stuff like BG3, VtM 2, and SS3 all around the same time, like we have jumped back 15-20 years. Maybe overselling it a bit, but it kind of speaks to the impact crowdfunding has had, when you consider it's impact on the genre and basically every company involved in these games. I'm not sure we would have seen any of these sequels without it.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The "new" DLC for BG1 (Siege of Dragonspear) had some of the old voice cast return if I recall. Should get them for 3 as well.

"Heya! It's me Imoen!"

Also we need Irancus back. Love he was back for the DLC mentioned above.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
The "new" DLC for BG1 (Siege of Dragonspear) had some of the old voice cast return if I recall. Should get them for 3 as well.

"Heya! It's me Imoen!"

Also we need Irancus back. Love he was back for the DLC mentioned above.

The VA for Minsc is still quite prolific in the video game scene, so I imagine he would be a definite return (assuming the character is returning, at any rate).

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
I'd throw Harebrained Schemes up there, too. They know how to make an RPG.
Oh yeah, you are right! Totally forgot Shadowrun! The writing was so good.

Isn't it a little early to be crowning them?

I am hyped for Bloodlines 2, but we have barely seen anything about the game.

Eh, I have a feeling it'll be exactly as advertised. Have some faith. (Although I'm a filthy fanboy, so take it with a grain of salt.)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
lFt8M7g.jpg

This is just a rando image of rolling a 20 because of how perfect it is, not part of Larian's tease to be clear.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Bioware wasn't relevant since 2014. We have new kings in town - CDprojekt, Larian, HSL.
I mean, I'd give a crown to Obsidian as well. Hell, if you threw in HSL which we haven't seen anything from, I'd also throw inXile an honorary mention. And this is without also giving a nod to Owlbear - Kingmaker was surprisingly good!
I think what's clear is that it's a pretty good time to be into CRPGs.