Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got an email from Game about £30 Dirt 5, thought I would grab it. The website is totally crashed. Thirsty people hoping PS5's would be up at midnight.

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
looks like Digital Editions are going to be somewhat hard to come by no drops in the 2 recent Direct ones
I'm curious - of the people who got one in this last batch, did you order Disc or Digital? I want digital, but at this point, if I have a better shot at the disc one, then I might switch.
I wanted a digital because the first time a game disc went in my PS4 since owning it from launch was when the GameStop guy put one in to make sure the drive worked, but after the disc:digital ratios became clear I gave up on that. :P IMO if the $100 extra doesn't bother you and you want your PS5 soon, go for the disc one.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
After countless errors on the sites they all sold out... At this point I'm tired I'm going to bed, I already know I'll have to stop gaming until February or something when more arrive :(

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Got to a store today that told me their side would put them up tomorrow but the chances were low.
Decided to check just for fun before going to bed (over midnight here), place crashing hard but secured one with delivery in 4 days!

photo5886413633523660914.jpg

Quint75

Mar 6, 2019
Is there any general consensus on what is better to use for places like Costco, Target, Walmart, etc, the webpages or the apps? I am almost always on my phone and not at a PC so I have been using the apps. Just wondering if one is considered better than the other.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm just slowly accepting I won't have a decent shot at a PS5 until like fucking April.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to sneak off to the bathroom tomorrow at work to trey and get it from walmart which means I'm not getting it from walmart.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Another day another defeat. Hoping with some actual people seeming to get consoles and not just scalpers I'll have a better shot with less competition soon!!

Oct 28, 2017
Walmart app is trash. That's how it forgot my payment info when everything crashed before.

I think it did that with everyone, everywhere. It forgot my payment information on the app, but also didn't know my billing shipping address on the website. It was doing that stuff right when the system sold out. It was on both the app and in a browser.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Didnt even get past the Over An Hour phase today, and in the meantime I was already logged in at Costco and clicked over literally the moment wario alerted and it was already gone.

Urge to buy PS5 is pretty quickly leaving my body, I'll just play PS4 for another year.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Didnt even get past the Over An Hour phase today, and in the meantime I was already logged in at Costco and clicked over literally the moment wario alerted and it was already gone.

Urge to buy PS5 is pretty quickly leaving my body, I'll just play PS4 for another year.
But you're going to miss all the exclusives!!!

(don't sweat it my dude things will come your way)

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart app worked for me on launch day, but I was toggling between the app and the website on iPad. Added to cart on the pad and the site crashed so then I moved to the app on my phone clicked cart and it was in there so all I had to do was spam checkout. Somehow it worked out.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
That came off as way more pouty than I intended, I just wanted like 50% pout 50% sincerity as I do have just a buttload of ps4 games that will never get played still

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Demon's Souls is the only PS5 game I care about, I'm mostly desperate for one to get the Pro benefits to Rocket League, and to fill my empty worthless life with consumerism and a shiny new toy so I can maybe feel slightly happier for a week or two.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
The main reason I even want a ps5 right away is for PS4 games. The upgrades for playing them there are insane. Especially since I never got a Pro.

This is me. I'll probably buy Miles just to have that holy shit look at this game. Other than that I'll be playing games off the PS collection and the everything included Overcooked edition with my wife.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Question for people who scored today:

What was your original wait time once the pre-queue ended? Could help us decide when to actually get excited about our queue placement on future runs.

Here is how it went down:

3:00pm PST - Queue begins

3:32pm PST - bashfulberry is first to post their queue moved to 39 minutes

3:44pm PST - Purchased PS5

So it was a full half hour until the stock went live, and about 15 minutes to sell out from there.

Last edited: