Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just going to hold out for the digital edition even if I have to wait for a few months. I'm dipping out of this thread. I wish you all luck and merry Xmas. A lot of good people here in this thread. You all should be proud of yourselves. I certainly am of you all.

GFRP is a good fkn dude.

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone else who picked up through Target get an email that their pickup was cancelled? I'm confused. My watch ended and I just got home with my PS5 a couple days ago but now Target emailed me this morning saying that I missed my pickup window and that they are issuing a refund.

The purchase under my history now says my order was cancelled. Is this normal?

T-Virus

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 5, 2020
Went to Best Buy to buy a mouse pad and the guy behind me at the checkout line had a XSX

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I think I've settled on passing on the Series X. Before I list it on ebay, running it by here to see if anyone is interested in a brand new, unopened Series X for $600 shipped within the US? I paid ~$530 for it, toss in shipping, supplies and insurance (~$30) plus my gas (~$10) to and from to get it and it's basically just getting me back to breaking even. First priority would be given to anyone on that list floating around (couldn't find it going back a few pages and wasn't gonna keep looking haha).

XSX list priority, you guys interested?
wwm0nkey Rigbones Peter Dragon

EDIT: Heard from a few users already, trying to give Monkey and Bones a chance to read this before going through the list but safe to say this is claimed by someone at this point. RIP my DMs.

Last edited:

FrozenNote24

Nov 15, 2020
itll be appropriate if im the last person standing.

i struckout the most

i doubt anyone camped 3 times and failed each time.

crtfreak

Sep 22, 2020
My Amazon UK PS5 Digital just delivered. Got to say I'm impressed. Ordered 12/3 and delivered today 12/7 from the UK to the USA. Dont be sleeping on those Amazon Uk and Amazon Germany drops if you cant source one locally. My end cost was under $480 with express shipping. Hell of a lot cheaper then a scalper or waiting hours outside of a store. Honestly if I got one from a local store I would of been about $435 after sales tax.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
itll be appropriate if im the last person standing.

i struckout the most

i doubt anyone camped 3 times and failed each time.
When you camped did anyone get something or was there just nothing there?

My PS5 arrived today. Its fucking huge.

I kind of wish I would have gotten the digital version but I went with the disc because I don't have a 4K bluray player.

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just going to hold out for the digital edition even if I have to wait for a few months. I'm dipping out of this thread. I wish you all luck and merry Xmas. A lot of good people here in this thread. You all should be proud of yourselves. I certainly am of you all.

GFRP is a good fkn dude.

if I get digital , I'll let you know. What about disc? Skip it?

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I kind of wish I would have gotten the digital version but I went with the disc because I don't have a 4K bluray player.

I have a disc player with the XSX for the very rare occasion I want to watch a Blu-ray, the PS5 looks gigantic definitely so going to go with the digital version

Oct 27, 2017

I can't image the discless being that much smaller if any less room it takes up. But yeah it's stupid big. Fine, I'll take quiet over size. I had to change my setup recently so it on its side which makes it look larger with the way the stand works. But it's stupid big, even next to my 77" tv it looks freaking huge like VCRs of the early 80s big. I laugh at it every time I see I because it is so rediculous looking. I mean it's fine but in a world where everything is getting smaller as far as gadgets go it's humerous to see these new consoles and how large they are. They are indeed mini pcs at this point.

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I can't image the discless being that much smaller if any less room it takes up. But yeah it's stupid big. Fine, I'll take quiet over size. I had to change my setup recently so it on its side which makes it look larger with the way the stand works. But it's stupid big, even next to my 77" tv it looks freaking huge like VCRs of the early 80s big. I laugh at it every time I see I because it is so rediculous looking. I mean it's fine but in a world where everything is getting smaller as far and gadgets go it's humerous to see these new consoles and how large they are. They are indeed mini pcs at this point.
This is maybe the first time I ever cared what a console looked like.

PS5 is fucking giant and an eyesore. At least in my entertainment system.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I think I've settled on passing on the Series X. Before I list it on ebay, running it by here to see if anyone is interested in a brand new, unopened Series X for $600 shipped within the US? I paid ~$530 for it, toss in shipping, supplies and insurance (~$30) plus my gas (~$10) to and from to get it and it's basically just getting me back to breaking even. First priority would be given to anyone on that list floating around (couldn't find it going back a few pages and wasn't gonna keep looking haha).

sent you a DM.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
One of the Walmarts near me seemingly got hundreds of disc units in stock. They started selling them at about 7 am this morning and I was able to pick one up at about 9:30, and when I did they still had a huge stack of consoles behind the counter. I actually was just heading there to ask a manager how they're handling inventory (selling in store? Yes? No?) and saw multiple people walking thought the parking lot with PS5s in hand and nearly pooped a brick.

Seems like Walmart might be a good bet for people going forward. Unfortunately, it was pretty dicey. When I first got in line, there was adequate spacing between everyone and we were all masked up. However, as the line moved forward it got progressively more condensed and Walmart wasn't even pretending to supervise it. I'm relatively young and in good health, but now I need to steer clear of others for at least a week.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
It feels borderline insane to me at this point that Amazon hasn't opened up for more orders. How hard did they get backordered?

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the Walmarts near me seemingly got hundreds of disc units in stock. They started selling them at about 7 am this morning and I was able to pick one up at about 9:30, and when I did they still had a huge stack of consoles behind the counter. I actually was just heading there to ask a manager how they're handling inventory (selling in store? Yes? No?) and saw multiple people walking thought the parking lot with PS5s in hand and nearly pooped a brick.

Seems like Walmart might be a good bet for people going forward. Unfortunately, it was pretty dicey. When I first got in line, there was adequate spacing between everyone and we were all masked up. However, as the line moved forward it got progressively more condensed and Walmart wasn't even pretending to supervise it. I'm relatively young and in good health, but now I need to steer clear of others for at least a week.

Where was that Walmart?

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
Brickseek updated Walmarts around me with 6+ stock at each. I went to my local one and apparently watched the last one leave the store. I watched a kid and his mom walking out with one as I made it to the electronics sections. Thought I had a chance. I asked if they had any more. The guy said they got 14 in and all were gone. The one I saw must've been the last...

I don't have time to run around town to the rest so I'll just chalk it up as a loss. So close.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: Heard from a few users already, trying to give Monkey and Bones a chance to read this before going through the list but safe to say this is claimed by someone at this point. RIP my DMs.
Dang :(

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
So, seniors get into Walmart an hour earlier. I thought maybe a cardigan and an AARP card, and I can sweet talk the electronics employee with some Werther's Originals?

GFP_RYU

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for the assist, brother.

Kildrek

Oct 25, 2017
Got a picture from my sister in law of her holding a ps5 at Walmart. Immediately called her and she said shipments came in and her friend that works there told her about it. They got 10 in. I ripped over on a 10 minute drive, there were two left.

My hunt has come to an end, I wish you all luck on your journey.

This was Walmart in Newark, NY in case anyone was keeping track. They had no Series X.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently you can still check your walmart by using the app and inserting this code "711719541028" under the barcode section.

nfinnerty

Nov 28, 2020
Got a picture from my sister in law of her holding a ps5 at Walmart. Immediately called her and she said shipments came in and her friend that works there told her about it. They got 10 in. I ripped over on a 10 minute drive, there were two left.

My hunt has come to an end, I wish you all luck on your journey.

This was Walmart in Newark, NY in case anyone was keeping track. They had no Series X.
Are you eastern time zone? Trying to get an idea for when they unload trucks for GMT.

Edit: oops can't read. Says NY right there hah

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017
I'm clocking out. See you all tomorrow.
32d8381181d3a59f0b47717b6b4a9b50.gif