MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Gonna hit that up and then Miles Morales.

Cyberpunk was gonna be the first thing I played but I think I'm gonna wait until the next-gen patch. Miles Morales and AC should make the wait not feel so long.

Good idea. I ran through MM first and was worth it. I started Valhalla, but Cyberpunk came out so decided to hop to that. Probably better waiting for next-gen version.

Jul 14, 2018
Anyone have insights on what to expect from Gamestop? I was first in line at the super-spreader event a week ago. They said "maybe not before Christmas" but it's been preparing to ship since Monday and seeing all the people who scored since then and have their consoles already is getting me antsy.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Got a text to pick this up at BB today . App shows I am pick it up as well but will go tomorrow morning. Just an hour drive there but luckily it's on the interstate

Last edited:

lilstone87

Nov 12, 2020
Fedex notify me of a delivery for the 23rd. It's PS5 order from walmart, which was placed on the 15th. Walmart stated don't expect before the 25th. However looking like my brother will have his before christmas. Unlike others.. I won't bash walmart, they're getting it here well before I was expecting it.

I want to be clear.. the walmart order still currently shows preparing order. It's fedex who let me know of the expected package on the 23rd.

Edit: walmart order now does show "on its way".

Oct 27, 2017
Also in the "bought December 15th, arriving January 8th from Walmart" wagon with no tracking number or indication it shipped.

I wonder if me putting a protection plan on my order has anything to do with this? lol

Honestly, at this point I want it less to play on it (although I REALLY want to use it) and more so for the console to be safe and secure in my home.

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
Was in it direct que yesterday and actually made it but I wasn't watching so missed the 10 min window. Can you believe that?

Just kinda lost interest and disillusioned tbh with all the time I've spent

Not sure when it'll become easier

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also in the Arrives by January 8th - Walmart - PS5 boat, with no movement as far as I can see, but I also don't have access to the fancy FedEx tracking. So here's hoping!

For those who've seen shipping, did you see indication on Walmart first?

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Got a notification for a Direct queue yesterday and decided to give it one last go. Opened a page on my phone while I was working and it initially said over an hour when the queue started. Then it had the message about consoles being up for sale and my timer updated to 6 minutes. I couldn't believe it but sure enough exactly six minutes later it let me in. Had both disc and digital in stock. Grabbed myself the digital I've been wanting and opted for the cheaper shipping option. (I don't have PS+ currently) Just got confirmation with an ETA for Wednesday.

Shocked that I'll actually have this for Xmas. Best of luck to everyone else!

Oct 26, 2017
Was in it direct que yesterday and actually made it but I wasn't watching so missed the 10 min window. Can you believe that?

Just kinda lost interest and disillusioned tbh with all the time I've spent

Not sure when it'll become easier

I've been trying to get a PS5 since they went up for preorder. I follow this thread pretty closely and try to be wherever the next shipment is dropping. But I'm always a half second too late or the website crashes or something.

It sucks because I haven't been in gaming since not long after the PS4 launched. My daughter was born about a year into its lifespan and I knew that to be an attentive father, I'd have to cut out (or dramatically reduce) gaming. So I sold my PS4 at a steep discount to somebody on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread on the old site.

Now my daughter is 6 and my son (who was a later addition to the family) is 4. I want to try making gaming something we spend some of our relaxation time doing.

But I can't find a PS5 literally anywhere.

Anywhere besides eBay, and I can't afford to shell out $1,000+ for a console (without games or an extra controller), even if I want to make an excuse that it'd be for Christmas and my birthday (which comes December 27).

I mean, it is what it is. I'm not entitled to a PS5 or any other console. It just sucks that I've spent so many hours trying to get one only to come up empty handed every single time.

Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
Well, still no update on my Wal-Mart order that was supposed to arrive by Jan 9th. I'm not too worried about it though, I expect we will get shipments in waves.

Went ahead and ordered Miles Morales with the Spider-Man remaster. Haven't played the original games DLC yet so it seemed like a good purchase. Really excited for this one!

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Just randomly checked the Walmart app and they shipped my PS5 too!

Shipped out of Kentucky today.

Jul 26, 2018
Uhhhhhhhhhh........

Just checked Walmart and now the processing for my Series S has disappeared. Shows nothing. What does that mean?

jdawg

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
I've been trying to get a PS5 since they went up for preorder. I follow this thread pretty closely and try to be wherever the next shipment is dropping. But I'm always a half second too late or the website crashes or something.

It sucks because I haven't been in gaming since not long after the PS4 launched. My daughter was born about a year into its lifespan and I knew that to be an attentive father, I'd have to cut out (or dramatically reduce) gaming. So I sold my PS4 at a steep discount to somebody on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread on the old site.

Now my daughter is 6 and my son (who was a later addition to the family) is 4. I want to try making gaming something we spend some of our relaxation time doing.

Anywhere besides eBay, and I can't afford to shell out $1,000+ for a console (without games or an extra controller), even if I want to make an excuse that it'd be for Christmas and my birthday (which comes December 27).

I mean, it is what it is. I'm not entitled to a PS5 or any other console. It just sucks that I've spent so many hours trying to get one only to come up empty handed every single time.

I feel your pain. I have gotten so used to missing out on them that I am not even doing it that properly anymore. Like that Walmart drop every ten mins. Or the last direct.

Personally I am just burnt out on it.

And similarly to you, I am getting back into gaming in a major way this year. Its been great. First it was due to the pandemic, being at home so much, working from home. But now recently something happened to my legs that has made them stop working. Docs still looking into it, so I am completely home bound and gaming helps take my mind off that.

I think PS5 is the console a lot of us really want, but you might want to look into getting a Switch its a cool companion. Also a Series S is cheap and gamepass has a ton of cool games. Might be a good option until we can get PS5s.

I want one bad, but that Best Buy drop, where they gave us one time, but dropped it much later, really really burned me out. Just sitting there refreshing for hours and hours. Hopefully you can get one soon dude

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018
My new Xbox Series X from Walmart has finally arrived! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ordered on the 15th and now delivered a few days later. Awesome. Hopefully this happens to my PS5 and Series S too. So far my Series S process just disappeared. One of them is listed for delivery this Monday.

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
I see some broken spirits, so hopefully this brings a little hope. Last chance for a PS5 outside of the Direct queue(probably).

It's going to be tonight or tomorrow night between 2-7 AM EST. I heard the most probable time is going to be 3, but no promises...

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
In a couple of weeks I should be joining all of you in hunting for one. I can imagine how 'fun' the experience will be after seeing all of it here in this thread these past couple of months

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have insights on what to expect from Gamestop? I was first in line at the super-spreader event a week ago. They said "maybe not before Christmas" but it's been preparing to ship since Monday and seeing all the people who scored since then and have their consoles already is getting me antsy.

I had this issue, I called on Friday, the lady on the phone confirmed it was still sitting in the warehouse "awaiting to be picked up" she submitted a re-processing request and said it'd take 24 hours to be notified. Not an hour later, it was picked up by FedEx and will be here Monday.

Jul 14, 2018
I had this issue, I called on Friday, the lady on the phone confirmed it was still sitting in the warehouse "awaiting to be picked up" she submitted a re-processing request and said it'd take 24 hours to be notified. Not an hour later, it was picked up by FedEx and will be here Monday.

Thanks for this. You think your call made a difference then or just wait and be patient?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah the system sucks that people like you, and the mom I'm trying to shop for, can't get them but bots and resellers can get dozens. I don't know how to fix it but it sucks.

My wife's friend has been desperate to get one for her 12 year old son for Xmas... And I've been trying to get one for them for about 2 weeks. And right when I think this may be the time, nope.

I can wait until April or w/e they'll be widely available (or easily available) but I also get how it feels to be a parent trying to get this *perfect* holiday gift and how hard it is and as it gets closer to Christmas the less likely it's gonna be.

Oct 26, 2017
I feel your pain. I have gotten so used to missing out on them that I am not even doing it that properly anymore. Like that Walmart drop every ten mins. Or the last direct.

Personally I am just burnt out on it.

And similarly to you, I am getting back into gaming in a major way this year. Its been great. First it was due to the pandemic, being at home so much, working from home. But now recently something happened to my legs that has made them stop working. Docs still looking into it, so I am completely home bound and gaming helps take my mind off that.

I think PS5 is the console a lot of us really want, but you might want to look into getting a Switch its a cool companion. Also a Series S is cheap and gamepass has a ton of cool games. Might be a good option until we can get PS5s.

I want one bad, but that Best Buy drop, where they gave us one time, but dropped it much later, really really burned me out. Just sitting there refreshing for hours and hours. Hopefully you can get one soon dude

Thank you, I hope your search goes better as well.

If anyone is looking for a Series X and a couple games, GameStop still has the bundle going from earlier.

It's a preorder that won't be delivered until after Christmas, but it's something...

painey

Oct 27, 2017
I see some broken spirits, so hopefully this brings a little hope. Last chance for a PS5 outside of the Direct queue(probably).

It's going to be tonight or tomorrow night between 2-7 PM EST. I heard the most probable time is going to be 3, but no promises...

but all of Targets console sales are curbside pick up, not delivery so this notification is not really about them

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
but all of Targets console sales are curbside pick up, not delivery so this notification is not really about them
Yeah, there is a lot more to it than this single notification. Some Targets have as much as 25 PS5s with way more Xboxes stocking up, and people have been getting news like this. People know Target wants to drop them before Christmas and rumors right now are zoned in on 3 AM EST but who knows when it actually drops.

duxstar

Oct 26, 2017
So If I'm reading right ..... 3 am check target website ? I saw a scalper selling on facebook for only 600 so I'm imagining they should be a little easier to get , And was pinning my hopes on new years

Oct 28, 2017

It's going to be tonight or tomorrow night between 2-7 AM EST. I heard the most probable time is going to be 3, but no promises...

That isn't 12pm CT. That is more like 12am what you are describing, and after. I mean, unless 12pm is midnight, I always thought of 12am as midnight and 12pm as noon lol.

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
So If I'm reading right ..... 3 am check target website ? I saw a scalper selling on facebook for only 600 so I'm imagining they should be a little easier to get , And was pinning my hopes on new years
Stealth drops are never precise, so honestly if you are not willing to stay up for most of the night and also acknowledge that it might not drop at all until all the way up to 12/24 you might want to go with the scalped PS5. It's your call.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
PS5 bundles on gamestop sell like fucking instant

But the Xbox Series X ones I've seen hang for hours now.

Jesus..........people that thirsty for PS5? If so ill try to grab another one for anyone here if target is doing a stealth drop lol

VoidCelestial

Oct 10, 2020
That isn't 12pm CT. That is more like 12am what you are describing, and after. I mean, unless 12pm is midnight, I always thought of 12am as midnight and 12pm as noon lol.
The ad isn't necessarily when they are going to sell the consoles, its telling us the last date of deliveries before Christmas and pickups will not be far away from that date. It's misleading without context though I will admit.

mookie1515

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Another December 15th Walmart order sounding off. Still processing, still Jan 11th, but I still have hope it'll be earlier than that! I signed up for the FedEX tracking, but nothing there yet.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
If I don't receive a confirmation email from Gamestop by tomorrow for an order that I placed yesterday, I will cancel my order.

I would never cancel my order.

Oct 25, 2017
checked my Walmart order again on the Fedex app and it'll be here tomorrow. Insane.
Does it have to be the app? The Fedex site on my desktop shows me nothing, but I also just made the account a few days ago (I could've sworn I had an account already...), so I may be missing a verification step or something. Walmart still says preparing.

Edit: I ordered during that huge drop on the 15th btw.

Last edited:
May 25, 2019
London
If I don't receive a confirmation email from Gamestop by tomorrow for an order that I placed yesterday, I will cancel my order.

I would never cancel my order.

I have a friend who managed to order a standalone Series X on the Friday GameStop drop and his order is "Preparing for Shipment" - cnacel button no longer visible.

I think it said delivery from Dec 24-Dec 30 as opposed to the bundles being Jan 05.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Drove 40 miles to Best Buy. And I still end up here early. Have to wait 20 minutes until curbside is open.
Beats being there during busy hours

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
My series x order with a previous delivery of January 8 from MS store is actually coming tomorrow.good times .. good luck to those still waiting. :-/

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
I was completely zen with getting mine next year, but now that I'm seeing people with later ship dates than mine as shipped is getting my hyped, jealous, and dejected all at the same time lol.