Emrober5

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 from Walmart with a 9 Jan delivery date has shipped. Now says 26 December. I didn't get any notification or email, just checked the app. Good luck to those still waiting!

Jul 26, 2018
Meanwhile my December 17th PS5 has no progress, my December 17th Series S has finally just shipped. FedEx says it will he delivered tomorrow which I doubt 100%. Walmart says Deceber 26th. Not bad after xmas since it's my sisters gift.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
Meanwhile my December 17th PS5 has no progress, my December 17th Series S has finally just shipped. FedEx says it will he delivered tomorrow which I doubt 100%. Walmart says Deceber 26th. Not bad after xmas since it's my sisters gift.

That's wonderful. Were both in the same order? I'd be happy for a PS5 that arrives right after Christmas, but it's interesting that the Series S shipped much quicker.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
My Amazon order says it'll be delivered by tomorrow night, but it still hasn't actually shipped. I don't think I'll fully exit this mad roller coaster until I actually have it in-hand.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
My Amazon order says it'll be delivered by tomorrow night, but it still hasn't actually shipped. I don't think I'll fully exit this mad roller coaster until I actually have it in-hand.
Mine said it would arrive yesterday and now it's just "pending delivery." First time Amazon has completely fucked up my order.

Still waiting on my Walmart ones.

mookie1515

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Checked to see if I was one of those lucky stealth shipped Walmart orders, but no, still processing, still set for Jan 11th. Hoping to see it get sent out this week.

Jul 26, 2018
That's wonderful. Were both in the same order? I'd be happy for a PS5 that arrives right after Christmas, but it's interesting that the Series S shipped much quicker.
Nope. The PS5 was ordered first. Then about an hour later I've ordered the S since it was still in stock and no one wanted It hahaha. But seems perfect for my sister. Glad I got it because the loading speeds on the Series X is crazy.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
i did the same thing. Either it hasn't shipped yet (most likely this) or it's being delivered via another carrier.

starting to worry since it's been a almost a week and zero movement besides preparing order.
same with me. no movement and no packages on the fedex app. ordered tuesday at walmart on the first wave jan 8th date.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
same with me. no movement and no packages on the fedex app. ordered tuesday at walmart on the first wave jan 8th date.
Mine is in the same state. I also had one in November get delivered. It took a few days longer than some people to post and ship and with the holidays, I wouldn't be surprised if they are backlogged. I wouldn't worry too much.

Jul 26, 2018
Wild. This was from the console drops on Tuesday, yeah?
Nope. Thursday. The Tuesday order of my Series X arrived yesterday. Ordered both Series S and PS5 on Thursday. Only Series S is shipping atm PS5.. no progress yet.

I also want to say that my Xbox was NOT delivered by FedEx.. It was some other truck and I forgot which brand it was (also never heard of it). What was strange is that before the delivery, my Xbox progress changed from "on it ways" to "pending" and I was like "NOOO!!! delayed!". Then just 30 mins, boom delivered.

They had to put the package right in front of my gate though... anybody can just snatch it.... ugh.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
My Walmart order from the 15th still says "preparing". I already took PTO on Jan 7, so I'm not really looking forward to any surprise deliveries.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
So when I ordered from GameStop I accidentally ordered with the 2 year protection plan because I was trying to speedrun the order process. I'm super scared to make changes though. Anyone have any experience with this?

crtfreak

Sep 22, 2020
So when I ordered from GameStop I accidentally ordered with the 2 year protection plan because I was trying to speedrun the order process. I'm super scared to make changes though. Anyone have any experience with this?
If I remember correctly you can cancel/refund the warranty if done within 7 days of receiving the item.

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
why would that be a bad thing with coil whine and consoles bricking during certain games? but im really interested how you were forced to do a plan because you wanted to get it done quick. i tried gamestop too and you have to manual select/ad a plan and its not a quick process. i think the quick way would be to just check out with the console. but yea, why wouldnt you want a protection plan on these (i assume all consoles at stores come with a year regardless though)

AdamKoy

Oct 28, 2017
Just got an email from Fed Ex that my package (PS5 from Walmart) could not be delivered, no attempt was made. Now a delivery date of 12/22. It was showing scanned on the truck for delivery by the end of the day. WTF is happening? Fed Ex driver better not be stealing my shit...

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Just got an email from Fed Ex that my package (PS5 from Walmart) could not be delivered, no attempt was made. Now a delivery date of 12/22. It was showing scanned on the truck for delivery by the end of the day. WTF is happening? Fed Ex driver better not be stealing my shit...
Most likely a false thing. Some drivers in certain areas don't do weekends anymore even though website says they do so it's just automatically marking it as undelivered until next business day

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
If I remember correctly you can cancel/refund the warranty if done within 7 days of receiving the item.
Cool beans I'll just wait then.
why would that be a bad thing with coil whine and consoles bricking during certain games? but im really interested how you were forced to do a plan because you wanted to get it done quick. i tried gamestop too and you have to manual select/ad a plan and its not a quick process. i think the quick way would be to just check out with the console. but yea, why wouldnt you want a protection plan on these (i assume all consoles at stores come with a year regardless though)
Not going to say I was "forced" but I'm pretty sure I didn't select the option to add the spp when I bought the console otherwise I doubt I would have gotten the damn thing with how fast those digital console bundles disappeared. As for why I wouldn't want to keep the spp as you said the console has a 1 year warranty anyway so if I need to replace it I'll reach out to Sony and I doubt these things are going to be sitting on shelves long enough to do an in store exchange for at least another half a year.

Tbh I was avoiding console info and still kind of am. It would put me in a mood because I still didn't have one and I don't won't to count my chickens till I have the thing in my house so I'm not letting myself get too excited. So I don't know the failure rate of PS5s or other console problems. I know general things like rest mode is a trap to avoid like the plague and if PS5s were like 360 era launch red ring it would probably be bigger news and I would have caught it. If it was like a $20/$30 I wouldn't care but $60 for 1 extra year of warranty sounds like a little much.

lunlunqq

Oct 26, 2017
I've been hunting for a PS5 since launch without any success. I hope the situation would ease up after the new year. However, the Chinese new year is coming on Feb 12 next year. That's when everything slows down to a crawl in China. So I'm not get my hopes up for early 2021 either. :(

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
54,000+ users in front of me.

I don't think they have that many PS5s, so I won't waste my time, lol.

Last time they did this I was way back at the end of the line then they did a separate queue and assigned random numbers. This is how I got my PS5 before. Though luck may vary (or they may be doing it differently in the end this time).

There was also some way of bypassing the queue people smarter than me talked about lol

Turnbuckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kalamazoo, Michigan
54,000+ users in front of me.

I don't think they have that many PS5s, so I won't waste my time, lol.

Lol, I told my friends about this who are still looking and it turns out it was another false alarm. They never had any stock in. Just a queue for the regular website.

I was at one of their locations earlier today and one said they should be selling more online soon, but it sounded like he didn't have any inside info. More like he was basing it off of them not selling any since their black friday online event.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Walmart PS5 order from the 15th has shipped and FedEx has the ETA for Saturday the 26th. Not bad.