• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Current top seller on steam for 24.99. Was watching streamers play this a few days ago. Def has some of that early access jank but it does seem fun. The sand boats remind me a bit of Sea of Thieves ship to ship combat, the grappling hook looks ridiculous and I'm intrigued by the Mount and Blade esque combat because most survival game have awful awful combat. I'll hold off on getting for awhile since these tend to die often but I'll keep my eye on it for sure. Steam page, trailer and a beginner guide below.

Edit: Got the title wrong lol.

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
From what I hear the Rust community is very excited about this.

Which makes me the exact opposite of excited about this. One of the most toxic communities I have ever witnessed.

Looks intriguing, but there is no way I would ever play a game with those types of people.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played for about 4 hours yesterday. Although today the servers are on fire, its the most fun that I ever had while playing a survival game.

Oct 27, 2017

I think people have seen so many broken or otherwise unimpressive survival games that there is a built-in hardness towards new EA survival games. Thee is a huge amount of games which were supposed to improve and innovate from Rust/Ark, but the sum of those games never topped grandmasters.

Atlas was THE game which boosted disinterest in new survival MMO-lites. So much potential, such a disastrous state at launch.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
From the videos and streams I have check out, this definitely seems up my alley.

From what I hear the Rust community is very excited about this.

Which makes me the exact opposite of excited about this. One of the most toxic communities I have ever witnessed.

Looks intriguing, but there is no way I would ever play a game with those types of people.
Rust was the worst, especially when you started after the initial Early Access period. Hopefully servers get better this weekend, got a hankering for some sand sailing.

This article mentions that due to the constant moving of locations, some of the pitfalls of Rust can be avoided. Although it doesn't completely avoid the griefing aspects, which I think is inherent in most PvP games by design.
www.pcgamer.com

Majestic landships, fearsome ape men: Last Oasis is a delightfully weird survival game

Just when I thought I was done with survival games for good, a new one ropes me back in.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
This game is about to reach 50% positivity on Steam. I kinda feel bad for the devs. I don't think this deserves Mostly Negative.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Yeah this game is getting fucked on Steam.

If any of you have played I'd like to hear your impressions.

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is about to reach 50% positivity on Steam. I kinda feel bad for the devs. I don't think this deserves Mostly Negative.
Yeah this game is getting fucked on Steam.

If any of you have played I'd like to hear your impressions.
It absolutely deserves all the negativity. Its been Bout 72 hours that the game servers do not work, while some select streamers were barely affected in the meantime. Devs dont even have a clue when the game is going to be playable again.

The game itself is really good, and polished, although is heavilly skewed towards clans. Bigger vehicles are faster than smaller ones, so of you are solo, you are dead.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
It absolutely deserves all the negativity. Its been Bout 72 hours that the game servers do not work, while some select streamers were barely affected in the meantime. Devs dont even have a clue when the game is going to be playable again.

The game itself is really good, and polished, although is heavilly skewed towards clans. Bigger vehicles are faster than smaller ones, so of you are solo, you are dead.
Okay solo play is dead. Got it. I figured. Sucks about the servers. Oh well. Thanks for coming by.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
They are shutting the servers down for 7 days. That is crazy.
Oh wow. That;s a shame. server troubles aside the game was getting a good buzz.

Our team of engineers has been working incredibly hard to resolve the bottleneck with our master server, which prevents people from logging into the game properly. The team is doing their best to implement solutions as quickly as possible, but as you have seen yourselves, the connection problems continue to appear as players join.

Therefore, we decided to take all servers offline to give our engineers time to investigate without new pressure for about 7 days.

If you are disappointed by this, we completely understand and ask you to request a refund from Steam - all refunds will be approved for the next 3 days, regardless of the time you spent in-game.

We hope to get back on track as soon as possible to allow everyone to enjoy Last Oasis. We'll keep you updated on the situation and announce the good news once we confirm the game is stable. We'd like to apologize once again for the rough launch and thank everyone who offered their support.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Servers seem to be up and most reviews seem to be positive. The combat looks really good for a survival game and I'm kind of on the fence. Anyone playing?

Landford

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Servers seem to be up and most reviews seem to be positive. The combat looks really good for a survival game and I'm kind of on the fence. Anyone playing?
I refunded when the game went down, but after they went up and people started playing seriously, seems the game has an insane problem if you are solo playing or with small groups, since clans can just destroy you and take everything you have without any issues. Larger walkers (those vehicles you can build) are even faster than smaller ones so you cant even run away. If a group sees you, you are dead.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I refunded when the game went down, but after they went up and people started playing seriously, seems the game has an insane problem if you are solo playing or with small groups, since clans can just destroy you and take everything you have without any issues. Larger walkers (those vehicles you can build) are even faster than smaller ones so you cant even run away. If a group sees you, you are dead.
Seems like their proposed fix for this is large clans claiming territory and getting a percentage of loot and taxes for smaller clans on their land. Keeping them safe is the only way they get that cut. Remains to be seen how well it will work out but it sounds kind of cool.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This video convinced me to buy it. Been waiting for a survival game with actual good combat. Looks very M&B and I like the fact he can take on multiple people at once cause of his skill. Servers went to maintainable 3 minutes into my first log in and have been down every since. Devs are communicating but it's been like 12 hours now.