• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Likely in game combat theme released. Sounds awfully similar to the score during the combat demo at E3. This game is shaping up to be really really dark

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
... Cool?

Just sounds like background sound. Not effective when divorced from gameplay or context.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure it'll be atmospheric but it doesn't do much to hear it out of context, as a poster above mentions.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Seems like every TLOU Part II song posted on PlayStation Music YouTube page says this. Does this mean it's coming out in 2019 for sure?

Considering we've seen so much of the game already compared to Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima, I don't see why it wouldn't come out next year. My guess for their big 3 next year: Days Gone, Dreams, and The Last of Us Part II. 2020 is Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima along with more unannounced surprises and lowkey releases like the Shadow of the Colossus remake.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Seems like every TLOU Part II song posted on PlayStation Music YouTube page says this. Does this mean it's coming out in 2019 for sure?
I'd imagine so. ND are pretty quick. Neil and Bruce were making TLOU II then the UC4 dev got fucked and they jumped on that. In an interview they said they shipped a 3 year game in 2 years. TLOU II has been in production for a couple of years now. I'd expect a 2019n release tbh.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Naughty Dog seems to have a 2-3 year gap between games so it wouldn't be surprising

Lost Legacy came out last year but I don't really count towards the main cycle since it was done by a separate team. Uncharted 4 came out in 2016 so I think that makes sense. TloU coming next year makes sense.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lost Legacy came out last year but I don't really count towards the main cycle since it was done by a separate team. Uncharted 4 came out in 2016 so I think that makes sense. TloU coming next year makes sense.

Uncharted came out 3 years after TLOU but Left Behind (and TLOU Remastered if you want to include that.) came out between them. So it seems to be the same cycle.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is REALLY good.

I mentioned before but it has this "alien-ish" vibe to it, which is mesmerizing.

Dark as fuck.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
Nice, it's the song from the PS4 theme they released a couple of days ago. Really love how atmospheric and errie it is.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Hearing that music brought me right back to the demo. Have a feeling that this game will land some gut punches to the gamer.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chilling. Eerie. Disturbing. Unsettling.

Am I the only one getting callbacks to The Thing main theme from this?

It's not similar, but it takes that same "something's very fucking wrong" feeling to on a whole new level.

Edit: is this Gustavo Santoalalla on his own or someone else? Cause damn whoever this is, they're flexing hard.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
^ Gustavo played the TLOU theme before the gameplay video was shown few months ago at E3 2018.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017

No, it was lead by different people (compared to Uncharted 4), but majority of the studio worked on The Lost Legacy.