Votes: 43 2.7%

• Total voters

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Moment of Truth...
wp1811272.jpg

Or
thumbbig-1065466.png

It's so hard for me, I think I slighty like Last Of Us I more, just cause of the story and I found the characters more interesting. But, the gameplay in Last of Us Part II is superior in every way and the new enemies add so much to the game.
What about all of you?

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
I don't care much for the story of 1 even if I thought it was better, gameplay was improved a bunch in 2 so I liked 2 more.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
It's tough, but probably Part 2 largely for the immense gameplay improvements and utterly obscene attention to detail.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah part one had a much better overall story but part 2 has amazing gameplay. I liked the gamplay pacing of the first game better though.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
II.

I like I, but in reflection it leans on the saddad trope so hard story wise. II was a better game story, gameplay, everything wise.

Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay in Part II was more engaging and I found the story more interesting and bold even if I didn't agree with all of their decisions regarding structure and pacing.

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
Loved 1 and can't believe they topped it (in my opinion) with Part 2. Game was a bit longer than it needed to be but what a ride.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
2 is objectively better in its parts, IE: writing, gameplay and shooting, etc.

But 1 is overall the tighter product, much better paced and came out of nowhere.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
TLOU part 2 for sure!!! Gameplay and story are both above part 1 in my opinion. Sure I love the first one just like everyone else but 2 was so daring and I loved every second of it!!!

Honestly, the last of us part 2 is my favorite written piece of media in any form. I really fucking loved the story and felt more emotion in that 20 hour campaign then every piece of media combined!!

Abi

Jun 3, 2020
Part II has a better story, and improves on the first in every other aspect.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
You couldn't have TLOU 2 without TLOU 1 laying the ground work but I vastly prefer TLOU 2. Just better character work and moments. I enjoy pt.1 but besides the ending and a few moments( giraffe, David) I didn't remember the majority of that game after playing it and it was pretty short. Pt. 2 just hits harder imo.

trapt777

Oct 25, 2017
TLOU1 was... not as good as I remembered, as I found out when I replayed in June.

TLOU2 handily for me. TLOU1 obviously has a much easier to digest story but TLOU2 is the better video game.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
It's very similar to Godfather 1 vs 2 for me.

TLOU is a very straightforward and powerful journey.

But I have to give the nod to TLOU2 for delivering with an extremely high degree of difficulty. It's also far superior to the first mechanically.

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
1 by a mile. The gameplay in 2 is certainly better, but the game overstayed its welcome, I didn't care about half of the characters in it, and the story was just not as effective.

Waxy

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta go with part 2. Just a better experience for me and was a lot more enjoyable to play, gameplay wise and level design wise. Plus the abbey and lev combo were fantastic

Adamastor

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Part II is the rare sequel that is better than the original. As much as I love the first, the second was, in my opinion, simply one of the best stories I've experienced in any medium.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's tough, but Part II for me. It's, in my eyes, the perfect sequel. It didn't try to replicate the original.

Oct 25, 2017
2 had better gameplay by far, but it also overstayed it's welcome by a good 10 hours. Haven't played Part 1 since the PS3 release, but I don't remember it feeling like it dragged on as much as 2. Honestly thought they were both just okay games. Would definitely say they're overrated relative to the amount of praise they seem to get.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Part 1 feels like a more complete experience. Part 2 also has some thematic issues

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I think the gameplay was more enjoyable in 2 but I found the story a lot more satisfying in 1 and in these games for me story is more important so vote for 1.

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
Honestly, I've always loved the first game and thought it didn't need a sequel... but having replayed it before the second, I ended up finding it rather lacking. So my answer is Part II. I appreciated the interesting narrative structure and the fact that the game portrayed female character arcs that felt uncommon, especially in video games, but in media overall.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Part 2 is the dramatically more ambitious game, which is why I'm willing to ignore it's inconsistent moments versus the first game which was comparatively "tighter".

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part 1 is still a 10/10 game but...Part 2 is just out of this world. Such an engrossing experience.

SaltyDuck

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Part II just does everything better than the first game, and I say this as someone who adores TLoU 1.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a huge fan of the first game from a gameplay standpoint, I thought they crushed it with part 2. Some of the best action in a heavy narrative game

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Really hard for me. 1 had a tightly told story with great pacing and I felt part 2 didn't quite make it in that department, but it murders it on the game play department. Overall would still give it to the 1st one but I feel I might be biased due to how much more I've played it in comparison to 2.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part I was a huge leap forward in video game narrative, so it ultimately gets my vote. But Part II is undoubtedly the better game.

Alecs27

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Part 2 has a more impactful story that feels just real, and a gameplay perfect for its genre, actually fun, something the first one lacked a bit.
But yeah, Part 1 will always be more iconic for the ending and atmosphere.
I vote for Part 2 because Naughy dog had the guts to mate it so.. Different than how a second chapter would be, and I am happy that they wanted to surprise us with a story so dark yet so memorable, that divided fans like the story does,
with the two perspectives of Ellie and Abby
One of the best games Sony ever produced

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Part I had more of an impact on me, particularly that first playthrough and the hospital sequence; but overall I think Part II is the better game, especially in the way it plays.