• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Last time you flipped the box art?

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious what was the last time each of you flipped a game's box art? That is, the game box art has an alternate art printed on the back of the main art, allowing you to flip it over for a totally different image?

For me, it was Resident Evil 2 Deluxe edition. I just started playing this Monday, and didn't know until I opened it, that it had an alternate cover. I actually really like the main cover:

But I LOVE the alternate cover

So I flipped them. When's the last time you did?

And yes, I realize many of you are digital only. You can still reach back into the memory banks and tell us the last time you flipped the box art when you still bought physical.

Oct 25, 2017
I usually don't do it because a lot of times they don't have the PS4 logo on the spine for the flipped side, so it drives me crazy having a game on the shelf with the others that looks out of place. Wolfenstein 2 for example does this on the reverse of the box art so I just kept the original box art side.

Apr 9, 2019
I hate it when reverse covers dont match the spine of other games so I dont really do it (at least have the titles of the game)

That being said currently I have AC:OD reversed to have Kass as the box art but once im done with the game ill just change it back so it matches.

Zero. The default one "is" the official one, selected to represent the game, so I just leave it like that (personal preference)

Edit: Oops, I forgot I did it with the DOOM 2016 one. Fantastic alternate cover, shit official one. Only instance I have swapped them.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I do this whenever it's possible and I approve of the art on any game I purchase. Thr latest game I bought that had a reversible cover was Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edtion.