• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious what was the last time each of you flipped a game's box art? That is, the game box art has an alternate art printed on the back of the main art, allowing you to flip it over for a totally different image?

For me, it was Resident Evil 2 Deluxe edition. I just started playing this Monday, and didn't know until I opened it, that it had an alternate cover. I actually really like the main cover:
RE2%20Leon_zpsigojcmxd.jpg

But I LOVE the alternate cover
RE2_zps5cm5rw3h.jpg

So I flipped them. When's the last time you did?

And yes, I realize many of you are digital only. You can still reach back into the memory banks and tell us the last time you flipped the box art when you still bought physical.

Mike Rambo

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
I do it whenever available, as I like having what is usually better art facing out! The last one for me was also REmake 2, just bc I do so love Claire haha. Plus, the fewer logos taking up box art real estate, the better imo

MrHealthy

Nov 11, 2017
Just yesterday I flipped my copy of Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds from this:
PBBG-PS4-2_460x.png

To this:
PBBG-PS4_460x.png

It could come with either side facing outward though.

GART9000

Feb 23, 2019
I think it was Doom. I wish publishers would put all the technical stuff and logos on the alternate side too instead of just art because it looks weird on my shelf but that's just me.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I usually don't do it because a lot of times they don't have the PS4 logo on the spine for the flipped side, so it drives me crazy having a game on the shelf with the others that looks out of place. Wolfenstein 2 for example does this on the reverse of the box art so I just kept the original box art side.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Only for the Final Fantasy

i prefer the plain white background with the logo for my FF boxes.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Sonic Mania Plus. Way better artwork and the Sega Genesis design throwback was neat.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sonic Mania Plus with the genesis cover is amazing. And i flipped DKC:TF on switch with Funky Kong lol.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I hate it when reverse covers dont match the spine of other games so I dont really do it (at least have the titles of the game)

That being said currently I have AC:OD reversed to have Kass as the box art but once im done with the game ill just change it back so it matches.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I don't do it often, but had to when I was playing through MGSV: Ground Zeroes.

DKltDD6.png

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I flipped the Sonic Mania Plus art just to see it, but it the spine mismatched my other Switch games, so I switched it back.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Never, I want the spines to match up between all my cases and the reversible covers almost never have the same stuff on the spine.

Roto64

Oct 27, 2017
I recently finished and platinumed God of War. When I put the game away, I flipped the cover.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Almost every time it's an option; I think DQXI was the last purchase I made where there was one.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would have done it with NieR: Automata, but my copy from Amazon was the Gamestop version. smh Tried to print out the original Japanese cover.

Oct 26, 2017
I never ever do it. Only did it momentarily with God of War and Splatoon 2 to see what it looked like before switching it back

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Zero. The default one "is" the official one, selected to represent the game, so I just leave it like that (personal preference)

Edit: Oops, I forgot I did it with the DOOM 2016 one. Fantastic alternate cover, shit official one. Only instance I have swapped them.

Last edited:

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Nier Automata, God of War, Spider Man, and DQXI.

I really like the alternate covers, especially as I convert to a mostly digital library.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I did this for Spider-Man and before that Bloodborne. Can't recall another recent time I've done this.

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Last time was Child of Eden I think, the original cover was pretty bad but the reverse side was much better. Went from this:

esMByoL.png

to this:
VUiNXXv.png

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doom for me. The alternative box art it's amazing. It should have the PS4 logo, but whatever.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I do this whenever it's possible and I approve of the art on any game I purchase. Thr latest game I bought that had a reversible cover was Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edtion.