• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm from germany, so they come with a huge age rating stickers and I flipp them whenever possible.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I'll only do this if the reverse has all the logos on the spine and everything and is just an alternate cover art.

Last (and maybe only...) one I remember is Bloodborne.

Quick pic off google, left is alternate, right is default:

CAx89KqUwAAsF_N.jpg

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit, I honestly think it was Final Fantasy XV. I love the clean aesthetic and had to get that hideous "DAY ONE EDITION" shit outta there.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
I really like the idea, and most revertable covers are super cool in design. Because it's so inconsistent I never do it. Most covers don't feature all the details that are on the outside of the box and I like to have everything "the same", except for Special or Limited Editions, if that makes any sense? Even if covers feature all the same details on the inside I wont do it. afraid to damage the cover or bend it wrong and make it more fragile. I really like to keep my collection as clean as possible. Still, having art on the inside of the box is also really cool.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Catherine, because I wanted K on my cover instead of C. I virtually never do it because the alternate side usually doesn't have a uniform spine design.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Fist of the North Star (PS4)
Though I usually don't do it cuz often than not they don't have the title on the spine.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I just can't bring myself to do it. Even if the cover is gorgeous, a box art without the ratings and/or console branding looks wrong somehow.

...I think I have a problem.

Zealuu

Feb 13, 2018
My last one was AC Odyssey, putting Kassandra on the cover. If I'd bought a physical copy of RE2 I'd probably have done the same as OP.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Probably Bioshock Infinite for me as well, I haven't bought a single physical game this gen so not really an option anymore.

Romez

Nov 11, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

It's the only time I've done it, I wanted Kassandra on the cover.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Never, because as nice as the illustrations may be, it feels weird to me when they don't have the usual age ratings, writings and whatever is normally on a game box. I would much prefer if they simply replaced the pictures and kept everything else as is.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I didn't know this was even possible. Haven't bought a physical copy of a game for a couple of years now.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Last time I flipped off a box art?

True crimes streets of LA

What a shit cover, flipped it off right there in the blockbuster

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I only recently discovered Splatoon 2 had a reversable and it's pretty awesome so that one!

0fqnjlr814r11.jpg

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
I usually don't do it because a lot of times they don't have the PS4 logo on the spine for the flipped side, so it drives me crazy having a game on the shelf with the others that looks out of place. Wolfenstein 2 for example does this on the reverse of the box art so I just kept the original box art side.

This for me. I was super stoked to have the Yoshida art be my cover for Nier Automata, but was super disappointed to find it didn't have the PS4 spine. Same for Uncharted 4's reversible cover.

Bloodborne though has a reversible cover with the spine and made that my default cover because I liked it more than the original cover.

Shoon

Dec 25, 2017
I dont have a photo comparison on-hand, but last time I flipped a boxart it was Disgaea 5. The flipped version has practically all the characters on it and it looks bomb as hell

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest XI The standard boxart is really really bad, the flipside is the Japanese handdrawn cover only with bigger white borders which is a shame as it makes it look cheaper than it should.

I normally don't do it though, mostly because the spines are often blank or are missing logo's which leads to inconsistent looking shelves.

Oct 28, 2017
Dragon Quest XI.

FFXII The Zodiac Age for Switch will probably be the next, but it isn't getting here until next month.

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Never.
I do not care about the case, in old games the interestings were manuals and cloth maps.

Doomshine

Oct 30, 2017
Last was for Doom 2016. I think I've only done it for that, Bioshock Infinite and Resistance 3:
fBpzrTN.jpg

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Oh right, games used to come in these cardboard/plastic boxes.

Man, those were the times.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Funny, i just did this for Final Fantasy XII for the PS4.

The only other art I flipped was Bloodborne.

I had no idea that Mass Effect 3 had a flippable cover! I just flipped it right now.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
More recently, I did it for Samus Returns, Dragon Quest XI, and Spider-Man.

Edit: Oh yeah, Nier Automata too. Beautiful!