• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I am amazed at their continued ability to find new ways to use their budget for good. An actual reminder that behind Trump's shitshow presidency Pence lurks is important, and the book stunt is just genius.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Got my copy! It's back available for purchase on Amazon. It ships in 1-3 weeks.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Hearing again about how horrible Pence is was losing my interest but he got my attention again with the run up to the punch line that the best thing about Roger Ailes, is that he's dead.

Also his book was a great idea and we've got our copy on backorder.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of John Oliver's book outselling Pence's?

Brilliant segment. He still has the ability to surprise me in new unexpected ways.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
HBO money working its magic. Crazy stuff and I'm so keen to see how Rupaul features. My guess is the blinged up turtle.

On point of Pence, your country is fucked up America. At least in Australia worst we had recently was backstabbing and a dude eating an onion.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
That's the the thing that annoys me.the most about greasy politicians. He doesn't have the courage to stand by his bigotry.

I'm sure after that interview Pence smiled to himself thinking he'd outsmarted the media.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
What are the chances of John Oliver's book outselling Pence's?

Brilliant segment. He still has the ability to surprise me in new unexpected ways.

Dear god I hope it does.

This has to be one of the best things Oliver's done on the show. A good cause and it's going to piss Pence off so much that he might have to ask his wife permission to cry.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
"Marlon Bundo is the most likeable thing about an unlikeable man, like how George Bush is a perfectly fine painter, or Bill Cosby raised Americans awareness to pudding or how Roger Aisles is dead."

Holy shit that slayed me.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
HBO money working its magic. Crazy stuff and I'm so keen to see how Rupaul features. My guess is the blinged up turtle.

On point of Pence, your country is fucked up America. At least in Australia worst we had recently was backstabbing and a dude eating an onion.

We might have Pence, but we did legalize gay marriage before y'all did.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I bought the hardcover so my proceeds will go to the charity and help keep the book several leagues above Pence's (although I should note the book is written by his wife, not Mike, at least that's what Amazon says).
I don't plan to keep it, since I don't plan to have kids in the foreseeable future, and hopefully by the time I do, the christian agenda (I can make shit up too) will have died down.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Can't decide if I want to wait 3 weeks for the hardcover or actually read it right now on Kindle. Ugh.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Dear god I hope it does.

This has to be one of the best things Oliver's done on the show. A good cause and it's going to piss Pence off so much that he might have to ask his wife permission to cry.
I know right? It's crazy how they're donating 100% of the proceeds to great causes. Not 10%, not 20%, not even 90%, but every cent. I've ordered copies for friends and myself now because of that and also I want to see Mike Pence eat shit.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I've never seen people intentionally give one star reviews on amazon to mess with/bury the hateful fake reviews.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Don't the proceeds of Pence's daughters book go to a charity as well? If that's the case, you can't really go wrong with either of them.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Don't the proceeds of Pence's daughters book go to a charity as well? If that's the case, you can't really go wrong with either of them.
Nope fuck his book.

1) Only a portion of the proceeds go to charity. They also don't even clearly state what that portion is. It could be 10% to charity and 90% to the Pences.

2) One of his stops on the book tour is at a hate group.

Wanna donate to Riley Children's Hospital or A21? Just donate to them directly.

Last edited:

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
Nope fuck his book.

1) Only a portion of the proceeds go to charity. They also don't even clearly state what that portion is. It could be 10% to charity and 90% to the Pences.

2) One of his stops on the book tour is at a hate group.

Wanna donate to Riley Children's Hospital or A21? Just donate to them directly.

His "charities" are probably bullshit faith-based groups.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The publisher of the Pence book responded!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-olivers-gay-bunny-book-outsells-the-pences

"It's unfortunate that anyone would feel the need to ridicule an educational children's book and turn it into something controversial and partisan. Our and Mrs. Charlotte Pence's goal is—and will continue to be—to educate young readers about the important role of the vice president, as well as to highlight the charities to which portions of the book proceeds will be donated," a spokesperson said in a statement to CNN.

Mj1108

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It now occupies 3 of the top 6 best sellers on Amazon:

ytuW04g.png

Nov 2, 2017
The biggest revelation regarding this episode for me was the fact that Ru Paul is now fucking bald, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to handle this information.

Nov 2, 2017
I guess, that makes sense since he always wore wigs. I just never even considered him without a feminine look, so it shocked me. I actually forgot that he just does drag and isn't a transexual.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I really love the final paragraph:
As a stunt, this whole gay bunny book thing is a brilliant, headline-making gag to giggle over and applaud—trolling at its best, from John Oliver, the master of trolls. But as a book, it defies all of that. What a beautiful children's book, with a simple message of love.

What the folks at Last Week Tonight are doing is great, and publishing something like this (out of nowhere) is beyond awesome. John Oliver and his crew are truly great and props to HBO for giving them such a huge budget.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That book move is absolutely amazing of him. Both a kick to the nuts of that idiot and a good effort into a positive message at the same time.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Very few things in life allows you to do a good thing for a good cause with a dickish reason to a dickish man.

It's like balancing the Universe, it's not exactly fun but it does bring a smile to the face.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
That animated short was the cutest thing ever, i need to get the book in some capacity ASAP.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
While the book is on backorder now, it is most likely because it was stealth released and retailers didn't know about it, so they couldn't get it from the publisher. It should show up easily in a few weeks, and even in some stores too.