• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
It's over...

...it's totally over.

Farewell Johnny O's Fish Facts, Last Bit Tonight with Block Chainver, Last Cuck Tonight with Johnny Triggerwarning, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. I hate to see you go because the show was amazing but I'm glad you got what you wished for when making this show.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah I'd be genuinely shocked if he was ending it out of the blue, especially considering one can still buy tickets for his next four shows.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
He did an update about it tonight.

Which included pictures from Alaska, and that Russel Crowe donated the money to a Stever Irwin Koala hospital, where they dedicated a ward to Oliver.
4YSGBdh.png
Damn, this is life goals right there.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna miss this show, but I'll be damned if that isnt one helluva way to go out. Four laughs, everlasting memories.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the john oliver koala chlamydia ward. russell crowe is not playing.

i'm surprised people actually believed the show is over.

Oct 25, 2017
"Think about it: They're basically two versions of the same person. They're both New Yorkers coasting on their reputations, they've both had three marriages, neither of them can shut up in front of a camera, and, perhaps most importantly, they both want to fuck Ivanka—which is weird for Trump because Ivanka is in his family, and is weird for Giuliani because she isn't."

Oh my

And pretty brilliant response by Crowe. I'm still chuckling about it.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
I came here looking for answers. I really thought that the show was done. I'm confused because part of me said "this is rht most badass way to end a show" and the other part "wtf did just happened?" Why old the good things are going away?"

So I'm glad that the show isn't over but at the same time, no other show would top that farewell.

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought so many people would sincerely think Russell Crowe getting a good joke in would be reason enough to end the show

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
So is it back next week or are they off for a bit? I didn't believe it was actually over but was curious if it was going on break or was the end of the season

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
So is it back next week or are they off for a bit? I didn't believe it was actually over but was curious if it was going on break or was the end of the season

Wiki says there's an episode due on the 13th of May, and the 20th of May. We're on Season 5 now, with episode 10 having just aired, and there's going to be at least a Season 6 and 7. All 3 seasons are due to be 30 episodes long. :)

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
Their twitter account finally acknowledged a new episode tonight.

So, doesn't this whole prank go against what they said about April Fool's Day?

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Their twitter account finally acknowledged a new episode tonight.

So, doesn't this whole prank go against what they said about April Fool's Day?

It was an extremely obvious joke and I'm still finding it hard to believe that anyone took it seriously.

HBO isn't going to cancel a popular show with several years left on its contract because of a koala chlamydia ward.

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
I loved both his description of the current state of political debate in the US as well as the OJ Simpson reference.

And yes, poor Venezuela indeed. Sadly, Oliver seems to be right that there's really little one can do about it.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot that shit about Maduro and the freaking 'Chavez' bird talking to him.

Sadly, there is nothing we can do about Venezuela. The regime will fall, sooner or later, but people will continue suffer while that idiot is still in power.

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
I forgot that shit about Maduro and the freaking 'Chavez' bird talking to him.

Sadly, there is nothing we can do about Venezuela. The regime will fall, sooner or later, but people will continue suffer while that idiot is still in power.
The lady they interviewed at the end broke my heart. I speak the language, and understanding the emotion in her voice... the way her voice breaks... just gets to me.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
The lady they interviewed at the end broke my heart. I speak the language, and understanding the emotion in her voice... the way her voice breaks... just gets to me.
I had some Venezuelan classmates in the last course I took. I usually talked with her about what is happening in her country and those stories she told me were terrible. It really makes me sad how those people are suffering in there.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just finished watching the latest episode and fucking hell at the rehab system over there.

Just incredible how unregulated everything is, just a terrible system built purely for corruption.

The worst part is that Britain can look forward to this situation once brexit goes through and the US takes us for everything we have.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Every damn time he does a deep dive on one of these systems it's shocking how unregulated and corrupt they are. I really can't think of a better indictment of unbridled capitalism than every one of these segments.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
What's depressing is that the Trump administration could push for federal regulation of rehab centres, with a federal review program that's open to the public, alongside measures to curb the opioid crisis, but they won't, because "federal regulation bad" and "states rights". Absolutely shocked when Oliver said the guy who hated horses died - really drove home how he'd been taken to the cleaners and left.

KNTomg

May 18, 2018
I live in Spain and became a fan of the show not because John mostly shits on how many things are badly handled in the US, but that he also does the same with other countries. The bad thing is that apparently the US has waaaaaaay to many problems to let other country get more attention. I wish he would talk about our political system and what a joke it is, but we are going to have to join the queue...

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
I wish he would talk about our political system and what a joke it is, but we are going to have to join the queue...
Maybe it's just a prejudice but I don't think that viewers in the USA are interested in the problems of Spain, Germany or other European countries.
Thanks to the FIFA World Cup next month there could be an episode about Russia.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I wish the Democratic party had the balls to fund campaign messaging extolling the value of effective regulation. A free for all with no regulatory requirements to operate leads to disaster. People are dying because of this.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just a prejudice but I don't think that viewers in the USA are interested in the problems of Spain, Germany or other European countries.
Thanks to the FIFA World Cup next month there could be an episode about Russia.

Oliver just did a piece about Venezuela last week. He also highlighted other countries in small pieces such as Italy, Egypt, and Russia to name a few. Not every country can get highlighted on what's plaguing them unless it's really some disastrous news, like Venezuela was.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Oliver just did a piece about Venezuela last week. He also highlighted other countries in small pieces such as Italy, Egypt, and Russia to name a few. Not every country can get highlighted on what's plaguing them unless it's really some disastrous news, like Venezuela was.
I don't mind it, the videos about the USA are interesting enough. So I don't need more videos about other countries.

Shouldn't insurance companies take care that rehab centers are only run by qualified persons who have studied about treatment for drug or alcohol dependence?
It is also in their interest that people are able to work again and pay their contributions.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so he just happened to forget to mention the gaza massacre and the fact that the israeli regime recently murdered a hundred people and injured thousands around the time of the embassy move? american media is so fucked up and disgusting at times. i like john oliver but what the fuck. he should have at least mentioned it in the recap of the week, if not create a whole episode about it.
it's definitely more important than some wedding and john walrus saying the wrong word

Last edited: