• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Everything is fine. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver returns for Season 5 on February 18 at 11pm on HBO.

Season 5 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrpeEitIEpA

About the show
Breaking news, on a weekly basis. Comedian John Oliver satirically covers the week in news, politics and current events in this Emmy-winning variety series. Watch it Sundays at 11 pm ET or stream new episodes at 12 am ET.

Some highlights from previous seasons (unfortunately, these may be region-restricted):

Net Neutrality II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92vuuZt7wak
Brexit II: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyVz5vgqBhE
Stupid Watergate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFdsl29s_Q

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The show's been very much missed since last season finished late last year, so I for one am very glad to see it returning tonight! I'm hoping that this thread can hopefully serve as a heads-up to those who may not yet be aware that it's returning, perhaps bring a few new viewers, and also serve to allow discussion of each week's episodes. Not much longer to wait now...

Last edited:

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Been missing it quite a bit. Looking forward to watching the main piece when they upload it.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally
giphy.gif

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The episode on Sinclair was probably the creepiest, most disturbing thing he's covered.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ready to come back from work and stay awake for another 15-20 minutes!

Love this man.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
He could spend the entire season just covering what he missed and by the time he's caught up the season will be over

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
It's been too long. Too much crazy happened. Shame he's probably gonna have to open with the school shooting.

In any case, glad to have Last Cuck Tonight with Johnny Trigger-Warning back!

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, ought to be one heck of a "While we were away..." episode.
I get the feeling he's going to dump it all into a quick segment and move on. He'd need an entire season just to show what's happened since he was on break because good lord if Stupid Watergate didn't get stupider daily while he was away

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Their first show back from breaks should be 60 minutes in my selfish point of view.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
It's too bad that I canceled HBO and can't really justify the price for 1 half hour a week. But, I really enjoyed it when I watched it and I hope that it'll continue to be good.

OP
OP
Illusionary

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Their first show back from breaks should be 60 minutes in my selfish point of view.
You'd get no disagreement from me over that sentiment!
It's too bad that I canceled HBO and can't really justify the price for 1 half hour a week. But, I really enjoyed it when I watched it and I hope that it'll continue to be good.
The key segments from each episode typically get posted on the show's YouTube channel as well.

Oct 25, 2017
one thing that I don't understand is that there a ton of fake videos with 'last week' in the title and thumbnail created on basically every topic, but it's just some bullshit, and YouTube doesn't crack down on these very, very obvious attempts at poisoning the well.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I googled it and I don't think there's a proper version of the NYCGMC doing All-Star, unfortunately.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Liked the episode of course, but I hope he covers more obscure topics over the season instead of just Trump's nonsense.

Frester

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not in NY; how does that work? Do they just raffle them off?

There's a website where you put in some basic info (email, zip code, # of tix requested) to put in a request for tickets. It opens up at something like 3pm on Wednesday's or 2pm on Tuesday's several weeks before the Sunday date listed, and you have to refresh right at that time to even have a chance at getting them.

And even if your request successfully goes through, it doesn't guarantee you'll get them. I've put in maybe 5 or 6 successful requests and haven't gotten tickets. I got Colbert and Daily Show tickets easier a couple years ago.

But my zip code is 11238 if you want to give it a shot :)