• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like debate #2 really crushed Harris's hopes of getting the nom

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Huh, based on what I saw, I thought Sanders did pretty well in the last debate, surprised to him polling so low.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Warren's rise though.

1eb888f511637f34.gif

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's super early but is there any sense for which of these candidates might accept being Veeps on a ticket with one of the front runners?

Kounce

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
Where's Gillibrand? Hahaha

Can't believe some folks propped her up before this shit show got on the road. You knew from the jump those cats had no clue.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In MC's poling, they're noting that Biden's voters' second choice is Sanders and vice versa. Warren's voters' second choice is Harris and vice versa (and Pete''s voters' second choice is also one of the women..)

You can see this in how the QP numbers are moving.

-Yang -Biden+Sanders= 0

-Harris-Pete+Warren=0

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
If you would have told me 6 months ago that Warren would be doing this good a few debates in I would have never believed you.

Good for her, seems like she's eating into Sanders? Do they have one of those 2nd choice polls? I'm wondering if Sanders + Warren is the top of their support or can they actually steal votes from Biden.

I havent been following polling, so sorry if this is basic stuff

In MC's poling, they're noting that Biden's voters' second choice is Sanders and vice versa. Warren's voters' second choice is Harris and vice versa (and Pete''s voters' second choice is also one of the women..)

You can see this in how the QP numbers are moving.

-Yang -Biden+Sanders= 0

-Harris-Pete+Warren=0

Lol I see it was posted while I was typing. Thank you!
Send like Sanders had the most possible upside?

Last edited:

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Those numbers for Biden and Warren are good. Once the field continues to slim down we'll see if they can shift the momentum.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Harris at 1 percent with black voters? Sounds suspect considering where she was just a month ago.

I need this field to narrow so I can see who everyone flocks to when the dead weight is gone.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
At this point, it seems almost guaranteed to be Biden. Two debates in, and other than a dip for a couple days, nothing has dented his massive lead in the polls.

OP
OP

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I'm wondering if Bernie is enough of a leader to drop out if/when it becomes clear that Elizabeth Warren is ahead of him.
Most of Bernie voters go to Biden

right now it's wants driven. When the race is really on during voting and it becomes a need driven race. Biden numbers will go up to unassailable lead

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
i haven't paid enough attention to warren. the debate was pretty good, and my main concerns that she'd fold under pressure (basically based on the whole ancestry thing) were apparently unfounded.

she's probably my top choice.

Oct 27, 2017
This is what happens in politics when the media and then the general electorate buys into the idea of "electability" and "optics" over good policy initiatives and the technical know-how on implementing them. The result is: 1. at best, nothing changes (status quo retained even when your side wins) 2. politicians remain empty suits who are buyable by the highest bidder 3. actual policy is written by lobbying groups rather than competent representatives. This should be a battle of ideas. When people feel desperate for any reason (good or bad), they look to leaders pushing for drastic action (good or bad). This is a time for taking GOOD drastic action. Don't let the only drastic action alternative be bad drastic action (i.e., Trump).

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's easy to underestimate just how much of an emotional connection Biden's representation of the Obama years has.

You can get away with a lot if you're the living embodiment of "hey, remember when you were happy?"

My main concern re: Biden at the moment is that Biden either loses to Trump or becomes a Carter-esque safe president, followed in one term by a Trump-But-With-A-Brain Reagan type.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harris at 1 percent with black voters? Sounds suspect considering where she was just a month ago.

I need this field to narrow so I can see who everyone flocks to when the dead weight is gone.
The weirdness w/ the numbers seems like it might be an issue of an undersample of the demographic here.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Warren is the best candidate, but if Biden in the best bet to win the white vote in the midwest states from Trump I'll vote for him. The only thing that matters is stopping Trump from getting a second term at this point. Whatever it takes.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Biden is both the most electable and the most likely to lose against Trump. He is schroedinger's candidate.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
People want Trump out desperately. Biden is the best avenue to achieving victory in swing states.

He's highly flawed, he's cringey, he's probably a bit too old, and he isn't as progressive as we'd all like. But when priority 1 is to defeat Trump, we have to win back those states that just barely handed Trump victory. Biden is probably the surest bet to do so.

Warren is far and away my personal favorite but I can see her having a much tougher time with those states.