• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
So I just fired up Firefox, auto-installed the latest stable update (64.0) and it tells me they dropped the Live Bookmarks feature, which I was still using for exactly 2 RSS feeds (All Games Delta and /r/games (shut up)).

No big deal, really, I'll just grab the next best add-on for that but it also made me wonder if any ResetErians over here were still using that feature.

shauntu

Oct 27, 2017
I use IE for it's RSS Feeds still. If you find a good replacement add-on, post here!

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I switched to feedly years ago when I moved to chrome but I would miss this feature if I still used it.

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Annoyed me too.
The recommended addon Livemarks seems to do the same job though.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
I think I subscribed to a feed for driver updates for one of my old laptops. Probably not going to be anything new on that at this point anyway.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Could Vivaldi's web panels suit your needs?

Here's more info on the browser:

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I too, had RSS feeds on my toolbar for news sites and some game sites. I too discovered they just got rid of it. LAME!

Oct 25, 2017
I use IE for it's RSS Feeds still. If you find a good replacement add-on, post here!
... what? Why? WHYYYY!?
We're saved. Use Livemarks. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/livemarks/

Just re-added the BBC News RSS feed I've had on my toolbar for years that felt wrong to be without.
Livemarks does indeed do a fine job. You can simply import the backup of your live bookmarks that has been played on your desktop after upgrading to Firefox 64.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
When Firefox sprang this on me out of nowhere, I was really glad I began using Spotify for my podcast tracking a few months ago. I've been listening to stuff out of order, in such a way that it'd be bothersome to figure out where I was again. But these replacements seem pretty good, and fortunately the Firefox export has prevented me from losing them all.

Feedbro seems good so far. Seems nice and customisable, better than the old live bookmarks.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I use them. They were perfect for keeping track of game deals on HUKD - add the HUKD RSS feed as a live bookmark, update it every couple of minutes or so, and then just click the folder name to see the latest deals instantly.

I used that feature so much that when I moved to Chrome I had to find a comparable extension (Foxish). Now back on Firefox and I see this news. However, then I see the recommendation for Livemarks above, which looks like exactly what I need - and indeed is based on Foxish. Cheers Dache!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really fucked off by this. I used it for podcasts, where i would just use it like a normal webpage. 😭

It was a godsend for the casts that are only on fucking itunes.

*sigh* fuck sake.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Have they launched MSI's for enterprise yet? As a sysadmin, Firefox can go fall in a hole.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, Livemarks has a very annoying problem: all entries of a live bookmark show up as normal bookmarks when using the address bar. Ughhhhh. :/

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
I hope you don't mind me asking. What's MSI ? (I know it's not the hardware manufacturer)
In this sense, it refers to a Microsoft installer or MSI. For enterprises that manage their applications through SCCM, MSI's are preferred over .exe's.

This is one of the reasons why Google Chrome controls the enterprise space. It's taken Mozilla years to implement even basic features.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In this sense, it refers to a Microsoft installer or MSI. For enterprises that manage their applications through SCCM, MSI's are preferred over .exe's.

This is one of the reasons why Google Chrome controls the enterprise space. It's taken Mozilla years to implement even basic features.
Ahhh. I understand. Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avast flagged livemarks as a dodgy add-on when i turned on my PC a couple of hours ago. Anyone else have anything similar happen ?