• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
If you've installed 388.31 released on 11/14/17, rollback to the previous driver!!!

The latest driver introduced a horrid green screen flickering that will not go away unless you apply Borderless everytime you boot up the game. Rolling back the driver back to 387.92 will fix this issue and if you suffer from epilepsy, it's highly recommended you do so. So far the only game I found to have this bug is Tekken 7. This bug seems to affect Pascal GPU as I have a GTX 1060 and a Steam User reporting the same issue on a GTX 1070.

If you experience this bug as well, post your GPU and game that has the graphical bug.

Thread made on behalf of @Zombegoast from the adopt a user thread

Dolobill

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing Destiny 2 and The Evil Within 2 since this patch and have not noticed any issues.

Yaqoub

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
I fixed it this way:

Launch Nvidia Control Panel, click on Change Resolution, scroll down and check the color configuration box, make sure color is set to 32-bit. Apply and voila.

This issue happens to me with SOME UE3 and 4 games. Totally gone now.

Hope it helps.

Oct 30, 2017
I just tried out Tekken 7 on my GTX 1070 and it works fine on this newest driver. I also played Destiny 2 earlier with no issues.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is more valid than a nitpick:

title said:

Plural. More than one. If you've only identified an issue in one game, don't describe it as being more than one game. Thank you for the information, otherwise. I'm not a huge fan of how common issues are alongside these game-ready updates.

Edit: So some aren't experiencing the issue even in Tekken on the theoretically affected hardware?

Yaqoub

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
I've had this issue for the past 2 driver updates, only which I've solved last night with the method I mentioned above, & the only two games that I faced this problem with was Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (UE4) and lately Injustice 2 (UE3). I've heard people having this same problem with Tekken 7 (UE4) and PUBG as well (UE4).

Couldn't replicate it on other games running different engines. That's my theory anyway lol

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PC Gamer confirmed that this driver increases Destiny 2 performance by more than 30%.

I'll take my chances with it.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I installed the 388.31 driver the day it came out and ironically started back playing Tekken 7 after that Noctis DLC trailer came out. I haven't had a single issue and the game's been running great for me.

Here are my specs:
Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.8ghz | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Maximus IX Hero | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200mhz 14-14-14-34-2T | 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | EVGA GTX 780 Ti | Seasonic X750 | CaseLabs Merlin SM8 | X-Fi Titanium HD | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I'm running on an ASUS VH236H at 1080p 60 hz.

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is this thread title supposed to purposely be clickbait?

"Certain games" is actually Tekken 7 and only on the OP's computer, which suggests it's actually a problem with the OP's computer and not the drivers.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Installed this yesterday and AC Origins and Space Engine are fine for me but will keep an eye out.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is this thread title supposed to purposely be clickbait?

"Certain games" is actually Tekken 7 and only on the OP's computer, which suggests it's actually a problem with the OP's computer and not the drivers.
Reading the Geforce forums (and even one other person in this thread), OP's not the only one with this issue. But it's not widespread.

Doesn't look like the problem is exclusive to 388.31. Some reporting it have had it since the first set of 388 drivers -- whenever that was.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017

More like having to do with the Unreal Engine and drivers from Nvidia if you read post #6. Tekken 7 is the only game I've tested that have this issue while other didn't and rolling back the driver got rid of the problem.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
For whatever reason, problems like this crop up from driver to driver from hardware to hardware. Probably has to do with specific video card models and brands, or maybe it's an installation issue. This happens all the time.

I've tested VR, UE4 games, and others - so far no issues with these latest drivers.

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Whoa... Is that across the board of GPUs?

Not that I even need that jump with Destiny 2.

For what it's worth the jump appears to only happen if you had the depth of field setting set to highest. Initially (on a 1080) the highest setting cost me an absurd 20fps; obviously I turned it down a notch. After downloading the driver update, I notice no improved performance in Destiny 2.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still new to PC gaming so I gotta ask.

Played Nioh and Diablo earlier today and had no issues with my 1050Ti. Is it because drivers only support latter, better video cards like the 1060, 1070 ones and such?

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Just because you and some other user on the Steam-forums has this bug doesn't mean that you suddenly have to "warn" everyone as if some virus is going rampant. Blanket commands like "everyone roll-back!!!" are bullshit because somewhere someone has a problem with every driver in existence.

Generally some sort of PSA along the lines of "if this happens to you, maybe try this" might be more adequate.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I've had this issue for the past 2 driver updates, only which I've solved last night with the method I mentioned above, & the only two games that I faced this problem with was Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (UE4) and lately Injustice 2 (UE3). I've heard people having this same problem with Tekken 7 (UE4) and PUBG as well (UE4).

Couldn't replicate it on other games running different engines. That's my theory anyway lol

Looking into Google search shows that green screen flickering happens on COD:WWII and on 900 series as well.

And Project Cars 2.

Last edited:

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so apparently this started with 388.13 (Oct 30th.) So if you've updated since then and have no issues, you should be fine.

There's also a simple solution in Nvidia Control Panel... Change color depth to 8bpc. The problem is that these drivers might default to 10 or 12bpc even though the user's monitor doesn't support it. That's it...

tZt4Ue5.png

Geforce thread (epilepsy warning)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
No problems here.

Okay, so apparently this started with 388.13 (Oct 30th.) So if you've updated since then and have no issues, you should be fine.

There's also a simple solution in Nvidia Control Panel... Change color depth to 8bpc. The problem is that these drivers might default to 10 or 12bpc even though the user's monitor doesn't support it. That's it...

tZt4Ue5.png

Geforce thread (epilepsy warning)
why would you want to set your dynamic range on a monitor to "limited"?

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the heads up.

I've not updated my drivers since the ones to AC:Origins came out and those drivers are running great for me. Probably won't update them again until a new game I get requires them.

Oct 25, 2017
I updated to this driver earlier and uploaded some 8k gameplay of Tekken 7 to YT after the 8k resolution thread got me exited. Fullscreen Display settings. 8 bit color. Full range.

No problems yet. Sorry about your problems OP.

Griegous

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still new to PC gaming so I gotta ask.

Played Nioh and Diablo earlier today and had no issues with my 1050Ti. Is it because drivers only support latter, better video cards like the 1060, 1070 ones and such?

No, drivers are universal. They support all cards. It is just that the problem mentioned seemingly only affects certain games for a small subset of users.