• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Was Lauren Schmidt Hissrich involved with Season 1 or 2 of Daredevil?

Nov 1, 2017
If they deviate from what the books are this is going to suck. Unless this is all PR talk to make people think it's something other than what it is, strange as look at how Game of Thrones does, a well done true to The Witcher formula should be huge.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Focusing on the short stories and books, over the game, is a great idea. CD Projekt had to adept The Witcher to make it work as an open-world RPG, the narrative focus, how each quest ties into the larger world. A TV show has to find this for itself, based on the source material. The books are really great, so I hope they do a suitable job. Will not be easy to get it right.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Considering how horrible the later books are, I don't have High hopes for this. I think Ciri may be the single worst character addition in fiction, every chapter with her was horrible, especially in contrast to how damn amazing all the other characters are.
we didn't read the same books

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Judging by the description I guess it's based off the books which I haven't read then? Because that's definitely not the plot of the Witcher games which I loved :(

T'Challa Shakur

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I think Netflix is the best way for Video Games to be adapted for the screen. I feel like most video game movies fail because they lack the ability to properly convey the worlds of a video game.

Which by nature is fair. It's an interactive medium but Netflix giving you everything all at once enables for a lot of world building.

The world of the witcher is so rich.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
giphybpr3t.gif

Everything about this sounds terrible to me.

No, it's not. Geralt was never part of "an unconventional family" in the short stories. He was a single Witcher on the path, solving people's monster problems (that were mostly riffs on classics and fairy tales).

The 'family', whether limited to him, Yennefer, and Ciri, or his wider entourage of friends and associates, is formed over the course of those early books. As a very broad strokes summation of the books, it can work.

It could of course be a description of a much more removed adaptation, where Ciri is just Geralt's conventional apprentice with no destiny nonsense, and Yennefer his beautiful wife, on some crusade for justice. But until evidence to the contrary is presented, I am erring on an adaptation closer to the books and viewing such statements through that lens, given it's how this affair has pinned since the start, as best I recall.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The 'family', whether limited to him, Yennefer, and Ciri, or his wider entourage of friends and associates, is formed over the course of those early books. As a very broad strokes summation of the books, it can work.
Yeah, it's not even a stretch to call them an unconventional family. That's exactly what they are.

? Have you read the Witcher short stories because that's a fairly accurate short summary.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Yeah, it's not even a stretch to call them an unconventional family. That's exactly what they are.

And the reaction to the fairy tale mention is odd and sounds like a reaction someone that hasn't read the short stories would have.

Or played TW3. There is plenty quests, events, areas and such that are straight from classic fairy tales, but with Witcher twist(s).