• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This is a very good point. Not all women have the ability to give birth to begin with. Thank you.

Cis dude : "I want to have children"
women : "ok maybe later when I finish my thesis"
later
Cis Dude : "ok now can we have children ?"
Cis women : "my gynecological exam came out and I am infertile and science is not advanced enough to allow an infertile women to give birth"
or
Trans women : "sorry I was kinda hoping science would advance enough to allow me to have one by now"

xD

So ... people who WANTS to fuck trans women regardless ... please put "currently dating this awesome women" on social media

Is it wrong to not want to date or sleep with a trans woman? I see it the same way as you're not attracted to a certain face, body type, etc.

The only thing that is common to all trans women and is not common on MOST cis women is the Y chromossome.

It IS wrong to not wanting to date a person because of a chromossome since they are literally invisible to the naked eye.
It is NOT wrong not wanting to date a woman with broad shoulders, long nose or whatever. BUT there are lots of trans women (and the amount will only increase as treatment on teenagers becomes more common) who does not have either of those things

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Likewise if a man has sex with a biological woman who tells him afterwards she identifies as a male, that doesn't mean they had homosexual sex.

i believe there are people who would claim its possible he was never a woman, not even in birth

can someone comment on if i have that right?

Is it wrong to not want to date or sleep with a trans woman? I see it the same way as you're not attracted to a certain face, body type, etc.

thats like somebody saying "i dont like indie games", erm....what? indie games isn't just one thing, in encompasses almost everything, including things that you do like

its a statement that if true, is only true because the person is going out of their way to intentionally make it true

Last edited:

Deleted member 3811

'Wrong' is up to decide for yourself, but if the sole differentiator in how you perceive or treat a person is whether they're cis or trans, then that is transphobic.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
excelsiorlef's
Life Guide to People
Who Don't Want to Date/Fuck Trans People
Hmm, wait, is this geared towards people who are fooling around with trans people but refuse to date them? Or are you actually saying that because one prefers to not date trans people in general that makes them somehow afraid of them or have hate for them? Because I disagree with that.

By that same argument you could say that because I'm not attracted to other men I'm somehow homophobic? I don't think it's wise to conflate sexual preference with some kind of blind hatred. Just because I have a sexual preference does not mean I have any problems with knowing or loving trans people.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
It's not about not dating/sleeping with a trans person.

It's about the reason not to, which generally turns out to be a transphobic reason.

If that's the reason I don't se show it's that person's fault. Like if a guy doesn't find someone attractive he can't will himself to "get it up" or date them, you know?

Kurri

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, wait, is this geared towards people who are fooling around with trans people but refuse to date them? Or are you actually saying that because one prefers to not date trans people in general that makes them somehow afraid of them or have hate for them? Because I disagree with that.

By that same argument you could say that because I'm not attracted to other men I'm somehow homophobic? I don't think it's wise to conflate sexual preference with some kind of blind hatred. Just because I have a sexual preference does not mean I have any problems with knowing or loving trans people.
Why don't they want to date trans people?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Define why you are not attracted to trans women in a way that you will not be banned please

Deleted member 3811

If that's the reason I don't se show it's that person's fault. Like if a guy doesn't find someone attractive he can't will himself to "get it up" or date them, you know?
If he doesn't find a person attractive, fine. If he finds a transwoman attractive, but refuses to date her, in spite of his attraction, then that is transphobic.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Trans women are women... refusing to date trans women is in fact not like refusing to date men because you're straight

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I am asking this from the utmost position of respect for what you and your daily life entails. My question is simply this....what difference does it make (broadly, not personally) if a person does not believe your gender yet supports whatever it is you choose to do? And whether you (not just you, but the community as a whole) consider them "allies."

If this question is offensive, let me know, I will delete it, with an apology.

How can they be supportive when they deny a person's very nature?

Tideas

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It IS wrong to not wanting to date a person because of a chromossome since they are literally invisible to the naked eye.
It is NOT wrong not wanting to date a woman with broad shoulders, long nose or whatever. BUT there are lots of trans women (and the amount will only increase as treatment on teenagers becomes more common) who does not have either of those things

Says who exactly?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Define why you are not attracted to trans women in a way that you will not be banned please
I've never really thought about it because it's always felt out of the realm of possibility for me. I'm not 100% against it but I'd obviously have to educate myself on the biological nuances and such. So it's something I would approach with respect and an open mind anyways.

I just don't think you can say "you're not sexually attracted to X? Then you must hate X." If I'm not sexually attracted to my father is it becuase I'm phobic or because it's my body/chemicals letting me know because I'm not instinctively getting aroused when my dad is around.
Trans women are women... refusing to date trans women is in fact not like refusing to date men because you're straight
Right but you also can't choose who or what you are attracted to. It happens naturally. If I'm naturally attracted to a trans woman then I'd be fine with that, I just don't think it's a given JUST because I like women.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Other rule if we as a people are good enough to fuck we're good enough to date. Don't treat us a masturbation tool.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never really thought about it because it's always felt out of the realm of possibility for me. I'm not 100% against it but I'd obviously have to educate myself on the biological nuances and such. So it's something I would approach with respect and an open mind anyways.

I just don't think you can say "you're not sexually attracted to X? Then you must hate X." If I'm not sexually attracted to my father is it becuase I'm phobic or because it's my body/chemicals letting me know because I'm not instinctively getting aroused when my dad is around.
Dude that is a really bad way of saying shit

Vish

Oct 28, 2017

No, but seriously people need to stop dehumanizing transwomen, and insulting them in their face on purpose. Who wants to sit around for that (I've fucked up too, but the good modding as awoken me)?. They are women, enough with the muddy scenarios that actually do not mean anything to you. It is throwing insults at people who just want equality, and really it is oppressive especially to hear it every other post. That's getting abusive.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Right but you also can't choose who or what you are attracted to. It happens naturally. If I'm naturally attracted to a trans woman then I'd be fine with that, I just don't think it's a given JUST because I like women.

See my last number. You don't have to date

That said if you're totally into someone until they say I'm trans... that's your issue and you owe it to being a good trans ally to keep it to yourself and extricate yourself some other way

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

you can see chromosomes? :p

Other rule if we as a people are good enough to fuck we're good enough to date. Don't treat us a masturbation tool.

this isn't directed at trans people specifically and yes its stereotypical man piggishness that we're so famous for

but there are alot of woman i would fuck, and a fraction of those i would consider dating

my dick will invite in far more women than my brain will

a relationship is a relationship, and thats a higher level connection/commitment with someone, and im sorry to say, but if im being honest, i'll fuck just about anyone, with their consent i will treat almost anyone as a masturbation tool

Last edited:

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Platy's Guide to People who don't want to dade/fuck trans people because they want biological children :
Ask EVERYONE in the first date either if they are fertile or if they are trans. You choice. You are the person who thinks this is so important, than ASK ON THE FIRST DATE
This isn't really first date material. Like is this sarcasm?

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User was warned for off-topic posting.
If we're going to have - totally warranted - mod warnings against people saying transphobic shit, can we also get an edict to not keep peddling the falsehood that biology and evolutionary factors have no role to play in attraction and sexual orientation, and furthermore than anyone who questions this is labelled transphobic themselves?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
See my last number. You don't have to date

That said if you're totally into someone until they say I'm trans... that's your issue and you owe it to being a good trans ally to keep it to yourself and extricate yourself some other way
I feel like if I was attracted to someone and then they came out as trans it wouldn't feel right to just cut myself off there because I already felt an attraction.

I think at first you guys were making it sound like that if I wouldn't date any random trans person I saw then that makes me somehow transphobic. But I can see now that you're not implying that, but are more so saying that if I was attracted to someone and then detached myself after I found out then there could be an element of transphobia there.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

Specially as we advance the treatment of trans people when they are still minors, would be like being 200% attracted to a woman and then discovering her greatgranddad was black and THAT makes you unnatracted to her.
Can it happen ? Yes. You will be able to rationalize in a non hatefull way ? nope

Changing how you think about an invisible factor that changes nothing is the definition of prejudice.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if I was attracted to someone and then they came out as trans it wouldn't feel right to just cut myself off there because I already felt an attraction.

I think at first you guys were making it sound like that if I wouldn't date any random trans person I saw then that makes me somehow transphobic. But I can see now that you're not implying that, but are more so saying that if I was attracted to someone and then detached myself after I found out then there could be an element of transphobia there.

I mean refusing to date wholesale trans people is pretty weird... doesn't mean you have to. Just means you should consider what it means to tell everyone

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
you can see chromosomes? :p

this isn't directed at trans people specifically and yes its stereotypical man piggishness that we're so famous for

but there are alot of woman i would fuck, and a fraction of those i would date

a relationship is a relationship, and thats a higher level connection/commitment with someone, and im sorry to say, but if im being honest, i'll fuck just about anyone, with their consent i will treat anyone as a masturbation tool

Almost like I made it an explicit statement about refusal of trans people in totality and not as individuals.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
This isn't really first date material. Like is this sarcasm?

There are way more chance of finding an infertile cis women than a trans women in the wild. If it is so important people NEED to mention in every topic like this again and again, then yes, the person should ask as soon as they can. It is ok if it is not first date material but don't be mad if you discover otherwise and YOU are the person paranoid about it.

Like if it is important to me to not date people who think landing on the moon is a conspiracy than yes I will try to put this on a conversation as soon as possible.

OR MAYBE people being OMFG I NEED TO BE A FATHER are actually not that caring about being fathers but just want an excuse to say they don't want to date trans women =P
Because as you said yourself, if it is not first date material than you will only discover this AFTER dating a trans woman or an infertile cis woman

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
If we're going to have - totally warranted - mod warnings against people saying transphobic shit, can we also get an edict to not keep peddling the falsehood that biology and evolutionary factors have no role to play in attraction and sexual orientation, and furthermore than anyone who questions this is labelled transphobic themselves?
What does this have to do with anything regarding looking at a transwoman/transman and deciding to date/sleep with them? If you're a straight male, and you're looking at Laverne Cox, for instance, and don't know that she is transgender, then what evolutionary/biological factor are you referring to?

OP
OP
Chamomile

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
Even if you want a child anyway, isn't it better to go through a surrogate rather than treat your partner like they're expected to carry a child to term if they don't want to? This is assuming they are fertile to begin with.

Edited for clarity.

Tideas

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Specially as we advance the treatment of trans people when they are still minors, would be like being 200% attracted to a woman and then discovering her greatgranddad was black and THAT makes you unnatracted to her.
Can it happen ? Yes. You will be able to rationalize in a non hatefull way ? nope

Changing how you think about an invisible factor that changes nothing is the definition of prejudice.

so is it prejudice then if I also refuse to date fat women?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

There's really no race that I wouldn't be attracted to but I can kind of understand how others might have preferences in their attraction and I don't think that's inherently wrong if it's not out of hatred. The truth is people can't pick and choose what they are attracted to.

Like I said, I can't say what exactly would happen if I was propositioned with dating a trans person. I'd like to think I could flow with it OK but what if simply knowing someone wasn't born as X sex makes it so that I can't get sexually aroused? Obviously this is a hypothetical but I don't think I should necessarily be responsible for what my animal biology drives me towards. For example I have a fetish I'm not exactly proud of but it's not like I can wish it away :P

I don't think an attraction or non-attraction that you have absolutely no say in needs to be rationalized at all, never mind in a way involving some kind of hatred that's not there.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There are way more chance of finding an infertile cis women than a trans women in the wild. If it is so important people NEED to mention in every topic like this again and again, then yes, the person should ask as soon as they can. It is ok if it is not first date material but don't be mad if you discover otherwise and YOU are the person paranoid about it.

Like if it is important to me to not date people who think landing on the moon is a conspiracy than yes I will try to put this on a conversation as soon as possible.

OR MAYBE people being OMFG I NEED TO BE A FATHER are actually not that caring about being fathers but just want an excuse to say they don't want to date trans women =P
Because as you said yourself, if it is not first date material than you will only discover this AFTER dating a trans woman or an infertile cis woman
While people should get that conversation out as soon as possible, usually people that want biological kids are not going to bring it up until after a dating for a while. The next inevitable conversation is marriage after all. Most people aren't also going to bring up marriage until they love that person. Presumably most men are going to want to be fathers, however it is likely that people will come into this topic and state that they only date fertile women in order to make trans people feel bad.
Even if you want a child anyway, isn't it better to go through a surrogate rather than treat your partner like they're expected to carry a child to term if they don't want one? This is assuming they are fertile to begin with.
I would assume most women want to carry their own children to term than let a surrogate do it.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Because wanting someone to believe me when I say I'm a woman is the most basic thing that I want in my life. If someone doesn't consider me a woman, then they're insulting me on a fundamental level and everything I've worked towards, and I want nothing to do with that person. I won't surround myself with toxic people like that anymore because its incredibly damaging. If you hear someone say something about you enough times, you start to believe it and it leads me at least into a cycle of suicide attempts and depression.

No. Genital preference or wanting kids are perfectly valid reasons to not want to date someone pre-op or just someone trans. But there are a lot of reasons in this thread, where people can even admit that they'd forgive something on a ciswoman and not a transwoman, that I don't think are okay.

Eh the kids part is clear adoption doesn't exist because it demands you can take care of a kid rather than just have one because you want to

Tideas

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yes that is by definition, prejudiced. Fatphobia is real.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but that's a stupid argument. Refusing to date someone who's fat is not prejudice. Prejudice means you're judging someone for something that's out of their control. how many fat people are fat because of their genetics? and how many because they refuse to exercise and likes to eat their cake and ice cream?

Fatphobia isn't real. Fat acceptance is real, and it's actually causing Americans to get fatter and fatter every year. But nonetheless, I digress. This is about transwomen and not fat women.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fatphobia isn't real.

0DjYDEB.jpg

OP
OP
Chamomile

Chamomile

Oct 25, 2017
While people should get that conversation out as soon as possible, usually people that want biological kids are not going to bring it up until after a dating for a while. The next inevitable conversation is marriage after all. Most people aren't also going to bring up marriage until they love that person. Presumably most men are going to want to be fathers, however it is likely that people will come into this topic and state that they only date fertile women in order to make trans people feel

I would assume most women want to carry their own children to term than let a surrogate do it.
I'm sorry I didn't fast enough since you quoted a post prior to my edit. What I'm saying is that, if a woman wants a child and is infertile and wants a child, then shouldn't her partner and her make the decision to go through a surrogate or adopt a child?

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
That's really the key point of this thread. It's been a bit lost amongst the derailment.

Your guide is really good by the way even for someone who it isn't directed at.

but there are alot of woman i would fuck, and a fraction of those i would consider dating

a relationship is a relationship, and thats a higher level connection/commitment with someone, and im sorry to say, but if im being honest, i'll fuck just about anyone, with their consent i will treat almost anyone as a masturbation tool
The thing is that there are reasons why you would choose not to date a person who you would fuck. Usually it's some sort of compatibility problem, or a difference in life goals or something.

If a person is fucking a bunch of trans women and refusing to date them, then you have to ask the same question. What is the thing constraining the relationship to sex only? And the answers people tend to have almost always boil down to having a problem with them being trans.

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does this have to do with anything regarding looking at a transwoman/transman and deciding to date/sleep with them? If you're a straight male, and you're looking at Laverne Cox, for instance, and don't know that she is transgender, then what evolutionary/biological factor are you referring to?
Well that kinda makes my point. Looking at a picture and not knowing a person is transgender might evoke a particular attraction. If the knowledge that this person is transgender changes that attraction, that does not make a person transphobic or prejudiced like some people in this thread are claiming. The biology matters, as does the sexual identity.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The thing is that there are reasons why you would choose not to date a person who you would fuck. Usually it's some sort of compatibility problem, or a difference in life goals or something.

If a person is fucking a bunch of trans women and refusing to date them, then you have to ask the same question. What is the thing constraining the relationship to sex only? And the answers people tend to have almost always boil down to having a problem with them being trans.

yep, completely understand and agree with what you're saying

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Well that kinda makes my point. Looking at a picture and not knowing a person is transgender might evoke a particular attraction. If the knowledge that this person is transgender changes that attraction, that does not make a person transphobic or prejudiced like some people in this thread are claiming. The biology matters, as does the sexual identity.
Maybe I'm missing a step here, but what about having the knowledge suddenly changes the attraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.