• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-10-22-trion-worlds-lays-off-staff-report

Defiance 2050 developer Trion Worlds has suffered a round of layoffs today. As reported by MMORPG.com, news of upheaval at the studio first hit today when the company's director of community relations Linda "Brasse" Carlson posted about it on Discord.

Carlson said that Trion had been sold and "a great many of us are packing to leave today." As for who bought the studio, Carlson's post said "I hope that the Gamigo team will look after you well in the future." She followed that up with a post on the company's official forums that did not mention Gamigo as the acquiring party.

"We can confirm that there has been a transaction involving Trion Worlds and its games," the company's official statement said. "While many of the names and faces you've come to know in our studios will remain on through this transition, others will not be making the journey. To those who are leaving us, we are forever grateful for your incredible work and contributions over the years."
DqIhEYlWkAAYFSS.jpg

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Just read that a former coworker of mine was affected. They got severance though, so at least there's that.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Damn...Rift was pretty good,played it for 2 years,I still get emails saying to come back.

I and a bunch of friends all bought it when it came out but it's total lack of narrative and poor UI hurt it. We also all bought GW2, more of us stuck with that for longer.

I tried returning to Rift after a few years but not much had changed as far as I could tell. The rifts were fun and the talent trees were neat, but they weren't very balanced and it ended up being a million shitty builds and a few obvious ones.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I was sitting in the library today and this girl next to me was wearing a Trove hat and then pulled out her laptop that had Trove stickers on it, opened her computer which was a Trove desktop background, started playing Trove, and had a Trove stream up on her phone while playing.

...she must not be taking the news well.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Trion Worlds Acquisition Announcement @ http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?311659-Trion-Worlds-Acquisition-Announcement

Greetings — We can confirm that there has been a transaction involving Trion Worlds and its games.

While many of the names and faces you've come to know in our studios will remain on through this transition, others will not be making the journey. To those who are leaving us, we are forever grateful for your incredible work and contributions over the years.

We'd like to assure our communities that the games will continue on in capable hands moving forward, as everyone involved is aiming to make this transition as smooth as possible for you. We will have more information to reveal as soon as we possibly can.

From the bottom of all of our hearts, we thank you for your time and dedication to our games and hope that you've enjoyed the experience as much as we have. From spending time with you in game, to seeing you at conventions, to talking with you on livestreams and forums, it's been our pleasure to be a part of this exceptional community with you since our first launch more than seven years ago.

Please know that you have our deepest gratitude. As for our games, we hope you continue to enjoy playing them far into the future!

The Trion Worlds Team