• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If only DiU got the same love as VA is getting from DavidPro than we will be talking. We're halfway through the part now and this one stand battle which is not even in the top ten stand battles for VA is getting more effort put into it than anything in the middle of DiU. At this point there is absolutely no way they are going to mess up the villian's stand reveal like they did with Killer Queen.

VA is the better anime but DiU is the better manga.
Fan scans screwed part 5's image so much on the west DP is having some extra care into making it look good, i remember araki saying that on an interview. Honestly, this part getting so much hate from older scans fans was a crime and i love how they're making it justice

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Fan scans screwed part 5's image so much on the west DP is having some extra care into making it look good, i remember araki saying that on an interview. Honestly, this part getting so much hate from older scans fans was a crime and i love how they're making it justice
??? Japan just loves Part 5 that much, I don't think they even remotely know of the jojo (meme) culture around the west.

Meanwhile, Part 4 is likely Araki's favorite

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If only DiU got the same love as VA is getting from DavidPro than we will be talking. We're halfway through the part now and this one stand battle which is not even in the top ten stand battles for VA is getting more effort put into it than anything in the middle of DiU. At this point there is absolutely no way they are going to mess up the villian's stand reveal like they did with Killer Queen.

VA is the better anime but DiU is the better manga.
I remembering wrong but wasn't this meant to be David Pro's B Team this season?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
??? Japan just loves Part 5 that much, I don't think they even remotely know of the jojo (meme) culture of the west.

On the west. Until 2014 there was no good translation of it

Thats why people said giorno has no personality and that Some stands 'just work' meme

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I haven't actually made a list so I'm probably wrong that there are ten better than it. My point is that there are a lot more stand battles coming up that people like more than White Album and it's interesting that they put so much effort into it considering.
Hmmmm

I disagree with that, but I guess I've never really discussed best individual Part 5 fights with people.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
??? Japan just loves Part 5 that much, I don't think they even remotely know of the jojo (meme) culture of the west.

Actually, Araki mentioned in an interview that Part 5 is the most popular part in Japan, and the least popular in the West, and they were taking time with anime in order to make sure they get it right.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Something needs to be said about the moment Giorno saves Mista near the end in a La Pieta-esque dramatic-ass pose before delivering the beat down to Ghiaccio. And the music hit juuuuuuust right when Giorno saved his ass y'all.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I dont feel this episode too much feels thing more dynamic and visceral in the manga mostly due to the nature of flipping pages meanwhile here in anime the first half of this eps consist of standing around and monologueing..

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly I dont feel this episode too much feels thing more dynamic and visceral in the manga mostly due to the nature of flipping pages meanwhile here in anime the first half of this eps consist of standing around and monologueing..
I do admit they should have cut dons some of the monologues (which were very long in the manga) but outside of that i personally loved the episode

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly not so impressed with the episodes. Feels like nothing is at stake here. Just Giorno healing everyone who is morally wounded. I like Mista but it is becoming ridiculous how many times he can survive his deflected bullets in vital areas. Too many outlandish silly solutions with fake suspense. I think the train episodes were more interesting than this.

The Villain was obviously superior to them and how they defeated him did not feel convincing. Even a lame "harder" punch scenario would work better. It just felt too random all the way. I truly hope for more interesting fights in the future. Overall I have enjoyed several parts of this season, but still not feel any better than previous Jojo arcs. I will admit that the Jojo series general has a lot of uneven high and lows.

At least got Mob Psycho to enjoy on a consistent basis.

Last edited:

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
I think mista have more screen time than the rest of the gang at this point, i want to see more of Fugo! his stand is so cool.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That was a great episode. This whole season has been pretty strong so far.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Personally i think that Part 5 is the most aethstically consistent part so far. Part 4 had some great looking moments to it but a lot of the time especially in the middle of the Part, it kinda looked like booty and while the BDs were able to fix some of the issues. It still looked very inconsistent

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Something needs to be said about the moment Giorno saves Mista near the end in a La Pieta-esque dramatic-ass pose before delivering the beat down to Ghiaccio. And the music hit juuuuuuust right when Giorno saved his ass y'all.
Araki literally based the manga panels on Pieta, it's a work of art and the anime did it justice. He does that pose again in other part but without the sunrise it isn't nearly as beautiful haha

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
These flashbacks are pretty good and sweet but they're made 100 times better thanks to that fucking song

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really can't be said enough how inspired pink Giorno is. Going back and seeing older colorized Golden Wind art seems so strange now.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
These fights are cool, but sometimes they are just not holding my attention lol

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I can completely understand if pepole prefer Part 4's more slice of life storytelling compared to Part 5's constant action and moving the plot foward. I think both are good but they are totally different from each other

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I can completely understand if pepole prefer Part 4's more slice of life storytelling compared to Part 5's constant action and moving the plot foward. I think both are good but they are totally different from each other
To me, it's not about that. Part 2's was like that, too, and Part 2 remains my favorite. It's about the pace of that action and what they actually consist of.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
To me, it's not about that. Part 2's was like that, too, and Part 2 remains my favorite. It's about the pace of that action and what they actually consist of.
I do admit that a lot of the issues with 3,5 especially come to the fact the pacing is not as tight as it was in Part 2. You could make an argument 3/5 have too many battles.

Deleted member 23381

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really disliked Part 5 when I read the manga waaaaay back when, it took me over a year to force myself through it and and it took me another few years of a break to finally wash my palette enough to get around to reading part 6 which I did like.

It must have been something to do translations or scans or whatever, because I've been really enjoying the anime so far.

Part 2 is still king tho.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I really disliked Part 5 when I read the manga waaaaay back when, it took me over a year to force myself through it and and it took me another few years of a break to finally wash my palette enough to get around to reading part 6 which I did like.

It must have been something to do translations or scans or whatever, because I've been really enjoying the anime so far.

I think Part 5 Anime is really improving the Manga but also the Manga recently got really good scans which made it enjoyable

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Old translations were just awful, but the anime changes in the first episodes made it much better to get into so it could be a bit of both, the first episode of the anime showed so damn much in so little time it still amuses me