• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
960.jpg

This is such a bad looking show
At first i honestly thought you were being serious

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
960.jpg

This is such a bad looking show
oh my my eyes are burning from the uglyness of that scene, who the fuck uses Michelangelo as an inspiration for Manga? Keep that ocidental crap out of my Moe
As a designer these panels make me cry everytime i see them, caling them bad should make you go to jail
Man this is so good. Too bad they couldn't get Lotus Juice and that woman that sung Mass Destruction in on this.
Mista's theme is awesome
I love how Narancia's theme is much more dramatic than everyone else's, i mean, this is a comic relief character theme:

edit:

So full of sarcasm lol. I teared up when that shit happened. Seeing that golden donut haired man just fucking glistening and shit rescuing his boy Mista was hype as fuck. Watched that ep twice in the span of two hours.

It really did justice to the manga panel.
JDFSoK6.jpg
My heart T_T. It does justice to the source material too, you can only get that strenght by using these kind of stuff as inspiration, there's a reason these pieces are still there today:
320px-Michelangelo%27s_Pieta_5450_cropncleaned_edit.jpg

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Fuck man the last episode was such a great mass of ass pulls and gotchas. That was borderline peak JoJo.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good way. I love nothing more than Joseph in part 2 and how he makes it appear that just about everything he does was planned from the beginning. That man was a thousand steps ahead of the perfect being.
Honestly the best thing about Joseph to me is still that last volcano exploding bit.

In Jojo where every asspull is played straight and as an actual thing the person thought up on the spot. Having the king of asspull admit to that one last thing being just a stupid fucking coincidence, is just hilarious and refreshing. Especially since throughout the whole of his part he's been pulling from the infinite blackhole that is his ass with his solutions to shit and the fact that he only says he planned it all just to piss off Kars even more.

I want more instances of jojo characters just admitting that they had nothing to do with the dumb bullshit that happens and being just as surprised about it as their opponents. It's always fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Will here's a stupid question. Why is Giorno and Trish the only characters called by their first names? Yeah it's a Japanese show but all the characters are Italian. There's something Ghiaccio would complain about...

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Has Mista had a fight where he DOESN'T get hit with his own bullets? He gets hit with them almost as much as he hits his targets

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Has Mista had a fight where he DOESN'T get hit with his own bullets? He gets hit with them almost as much as he hits his targets

He's as Meti [Not the Bad Guy] Put It - The Luckiest,Unluckiest Man In All Of Italy. Despite getting hit with his own bullets a lot of the time - a lot of the time they are blessings in disguise as without being hit during the White Album fight - Mista wouldn't be able to put blood on White Album

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Will here's a stupid question. Why is Giorno and Trish the only characters called by their first names? Yeah it's a Japanese show but all the characters are Italian. There's something Ghiaccio would complain about...
Narancia is referenced by the first name, i believe it has to do with the team's inner hierarchy, everyone with a last name is a respected member while giorno as a newcomer is treated by his first name and Narancia is basically a kid, so he gets the same treatment. I feel like they wouldn't like to call the new dude "Giovanna" anyway as it's a woman's name(and that might have been half of the reason he changed his name from "haruno" to Giorno as haruno is also a female name)

Basically, last names is the "i'm not a junior" badge
Does it take anybody else a half hour still to listen to Golden Wind? I still can't believe how good this shit is.
you mean putting the song on a loop and listening to it? Yeah i do that everyday, only breaks are to listen to the promised neverland's theme when i need something less cheerful

Oct 25, 2017
Narancia is referenced by the first name, i believe it has to do with the team's inner hierarchy, everyone with a last name is a respected member while giorno as a newcomer is treated by his first name and Narancia is basically a kid, so he gets the same treatment. I feel like they wouldn't like to call the new dude "Giovanna" anyway as it's a woman's name(and that might have been half of the reason he changed his name from "haruno" to Giorno as haruno is also a female name)

you mean putting the song on a loop and listening to it? Yeah i do that everyday, only breaks are to listen to the promised neverland's theme when i need something less cheerful
There are several parts that I rewind to on top of repeating it that song is just too good. Also lol at Giorno getting the Kamille Bidan treatment.

Oct 25, 2017
I like Fighting Gold do much that I listen to it both English and Japanese. Also listen to covers of it

Well it's Jr in age only because Naranacia did join before Mista :p

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Giorno's first month in Italy:

"Haruno Shiobana, I thought I heard a girls name..."

Small giorno probably felt bad but I really can't see current day Giorno not owning these god damn feminine names and stepping on whoever makes fun of them cause he's wonderful and rocks that pink suit like the golden boy he is.

also not like anyone in italy knows what his japanese names mean, the only real issue is araki thinking Giovanna is a last name lmao

Oct 25, 2017
Small giorno probably felt bad but I really can't see current day Giorno not owning these god damn feminine names and stepping on whoever makes fun of them cause he's wonderful and rocks that pink suit like the golden boy he is.

also not like anyone in italy knows what his japanese names mean, the only real issue is araki thinking Giovanna is a last name lmao
Current Giorno has too much of Dio's big dick energy to let people tease him over his name.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
what happened to the last bullet that appeared to hit mista in the head? i'm confused with that part

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Caesar sucks, how could anyone care about anything he does.

Caesar's nothing more than a reference to a much better character in "Fist of the North Star."
Oh and Bubble Ripple I guess.
And I wanted so much more from Lisa Lisa that I find Avdul and Kakyoin to be more fun characters than her. Stroheim was mostly alright and cool, save for his incredible seiyuu. But, same can be stated for Joseph on that front

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
People sure are turning on Part 2 now a lot now, huh?

Let's be honest, Joseph carried the entire part, and I think you're love/dislike of Battle Tendency is determined on how much you like Joseph.

The manga ending is messy as fuck but I love love LOVE that the anime reframed that into "FUCK IT, we dubstep now"

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Let's be honest, Joseph carried the entire part, and I think you're love/dislike of Battle Tendency is determined on how much you like Joseph.

The manga ending is messy as fuck but I love love LOVE that the anime reframed that into "FUCK IT, we dubstep now"
This, once i rewatched the part, hearing people say it was the best part just got to my nerves xD, it feels so incomplete sometimes

It did have great endgame bosses though

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Im not sure he hates the name though, it's more convenient to change names when moving abroad cause haruno just sounds weird for italians xD
Trust me, it's weirder calling your son Giorno. At least Haruno sounds like a proper name, Giorno as a person's name? Nah. Then there is Giovanna, a proper female name, as a surname: when people told me Jojo had a female protagonist, I thought that part 5 had it.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Should he have been Giovanni Giorno?
It would have made much more sense. I mean, the majority of part 5 characters' names sound ridiculous in Italian (and it's the reason why I couldn't take them seriously during my first reading), but GioGio's case is the worst because it's so close to a believable name.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
:x

Joseph has his moments, but Wham and then Kars's squirrel-hand were my favorite things out of it tho

Part 2 is about the wacky adventures of felix the cat and his bag of asspulls, the bag being his asshole. Also yes, still one of the best parts regardless of the weak supporting cast. I wished they had more time and opportunity to shine but the part was a small one and they all had to serve their purposes. Just a reminder that Lisa Lisa didn't get more chance to do stuff because Araki's editor was an asshole.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Dz2owwyW0AAsr2i.jpg:large

For fun i decided to make a potential Dub Cast for JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Golden Wind.These are the people who i think could really fit in these characters in my own personal opinion.

Oct 25, 2017
Trust me, it's weirder calling your son Giorno. At least Haruno sounds like a proper name, Giorno as a person's name? Nah. Then there is Giovanna, a proper female name, as a surname: when people told me Jojo had a female protagonist, I thought that part 5 had it.
There's a dude in this called "Guido Mista," which kind of just breaks down into "Mr. Italian slur" or something.

Part 2 is kind of sort of okish I guess maybe Idunno. I don't hate it, but it's honestly not Araki at his best and people heralding it as peak Jojo is just fucking annoying.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Lol sorry sometimes i forget what Giorno means, if knew a kid called Dia/Day I'd probably curse their parents for making his name sound so dumb... Giovanni would fit better but i think he only used Giovanna because it sounds similar to Shiobana lmao
There's a dude in this called "Guido Mista," which kind of just breaks down into "Mr. Italian slur" or something.
Wiki says Mista comes from salad(insalata mista), there's a teenagers game with a similar name in Brazil that idk if italians have but it always makes me laugh a bit...but yeah i digress, in italian his name would be something like "mixed(salad) italian thug(?)" it's dumb, just dumb. I wonder why Bruno isn't named after a food...

Oct 25, 2017
Lol sorry sometimes i forget what Giorno means, if knew a kid called Dia/Day I'd probably curse their parents for making his name sound so dumb... Giovanni would fit better but i think he only used Giovanna because it sounds similar to Shiobana lmao

Wiki says Mista comes from salad(insalata mista), there's a teenagers game with a similar name in Brazil that idk if italians have but it always makes me laugh a bit...but yeah i digress, in italian his name would be something like "mixed(salad) italian thug(?)" it's dumb, just dumb. I wonder why Bruno isn't named after a food...
Oh so that's what Mista means. I just assumed it was a take on the word "mister" because it just seems like it to be honest.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Oh so that's what Mista means. I just assumed it was a take on the word "mister" because it just seems like it to be honest.
I swear, everytime someone says his name sounds like Mister i remember this

Someone on reddit made a montage of this with the "golden experience" scene and some more, but by thread rules i can't show it

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

He is - he is named after a Silican Fig Cookie that is usually made around Christmas