• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Manga readers should just stop trying to give oppinions or whatever... there's proof on the older topics for this series that they CAN'T STOP FUCKING SPOILING.

Just let the anime only people enjoy the show.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Manga readers should just stop trying to give oppinions or whatever... there's proof on the older topics for this series that they CAN'T STOP FUCKING SPOILING.

Just let the anime only people enjoy the show.
Well, the Manga Readers are also looking foward to Part 5 i adapted. I do agree that any spoiler related stuff should not be in this thread

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found the manga to be one of the weakest parts, but part three was fun in its adaptation, so hopefully this should be as well. Really looking forward to the reaction to the last arc, and wondering how they'll adapt the epilogue.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
If its the same length as 3 when it comes to chapter count, then how does it make it better to be 3 Cour more or less? I mean, if the stand powers have as much if not more depth then the Diamond is Unbreakable stands and it has a more intricate story, then giving it expanded scenes is great because it will be easier to follow. Otherwise how does it gaining 1t extra episodes help the pace.

I was referring to manga chapter count. Part 3 is 148 or so and had 48 episodes which caused it to be dragged out in places, while Part 4 is 172 or so chapters and at 39 episodes if suffered from having to cut some of the funnier manga scenes while also rushing a few things. So, Part 5 is like 152 or so chapters, so 39 episodes should allow it to be better paced than 3 or 4.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking finally! One step closer into the batshit insanity of 6.

The english name for the english board. This will not be the name on Crunchyroll. It will not be in Italian, it will be JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, and forever when people search for the thread it should be correctly titled.
Do you yell at non-english speakers at the grocery store as well?

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
is that a rule here? seems weird but if so ill edit my post
Just be respectful of anime watchers only of the series
If we want to talk manga related events please take it to the jojo thread, anime only watchers just dontnlike going thru posts after posts of spoiler tags

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fucking finally! One step closer into the batshit insanity of 6.

Do you yell at non-english speakers at the grocery store as well?

No. This is stupid and people are being obtuse. Does the My Hero thread and Attack on Titan thread use their Japanese titles? No, because it's fucking absurd. Does it mean I yell at foreigners? No.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I was referring to manga chapter count. Part 3 is 148 or so and had 48 episodes which caused it to be dragged out in places, while Part 4 is 172 or so chapters and at 39 episodes if suffered from having to cut some of the funnier manga scenes while also rushing a few things. So, Part 5 is like 152 or so chapters, so 39 episodes should allow it to be better paced than 3 or 4.
I somehow forgot we got 4 full cours for SC, I somehow thought they out it all in the span of 24 episodes. Now I completely get what you meant, and sorry for the confusion. Yeah 39 episodes is exactly the right length for that amount of content.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
pls ban people who post manga spoilers

also do the Hulu translations differ from the Crunchyroll ones? I'm talking about part 1,2,3,4 since I've watch all those on CR only and I'm curious as to if there is a difference at all

convo

Oct 25, 2017
It's the no spoiler zone and if you wanna be cute with spoilers you'll probably remember things wrong anyway because fuck me i can't keep things in order so wastes of time all around.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
From what I can tell Part 5 has the first "how does it work, people are still debating decades later" stands. I hope it's because the stand is incredibly layered and complex, and not because the stand does what Araki wants and it's hard to combine all of it into one power that makes sense.

But it's probably gonna be the latter lol.

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
pls ban people who post manga spoilers

also do the Hulu translations differ from the Crunchyroll ones? I'm talking about part 1,2,3,4 since I've watch all those on CR only and I'm curious as to if there is a difference at all
No, it shouldn't be. Compared an episode of MHA and they had the exact same subtitles.

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope that these next few parts become more clear with the animation. Part 5 can be difficult to understand when it comes to battles, but the parts after it are even more difficult to understand at times, lol.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
From what I can tell Part 5 has the first "how does it work, people are still debating decades later" stands. I hope it's because the stand is incredibly layered and complex, and not because the stand does what Araki wants and it's hard to combine all of it into one power that makes sense.

But it's probably gonna be the latter lol.

I think it has the most asspull wins ever for sure. Giorno's stand is so fucking busted.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
images

D-D-DID YOU SAY TODAY WAS THE 4TH?!

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Part 5 has the weakest story of any part except for 1, but it also has the best fights IMO.

It should be a treat seeing it all in motion.

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Spoilers for events that have happened in the Anime are fine.

Spoilers for allusions to parts of the Manga that haven't happened in an anime that doesn't start airing until tomorrow is when it gets Suss.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Part 5 has the weakest story of any part except for 1, but it also has the best fights IMO.

It should be a treat seeing it all in motion.
Part 5 has an AMAZING cast, villains of the week, and fights. I have my reservations about the part that I'll gladly share when the time is right, but people absolutely shouldn't go into this with low expectations. I expect those who loved part 3 to drool over how gritty and horrifyingly violent Vento Aureo is

Deleted member 15326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice OP and kudos for the cultured title, fuck the whiny haters

I got into Jojo through the part 5 based PS2 game so I've been waiting for this for 15 years

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Someone figured out what time will JoJo Part 5 come out:

Europe

UK (BST/GMT+1): -8 hours; Friday, October 5, 5:05pm
Central Europe (CEST/GMT+2): -7 hours: Friday, October 5, 6:05pm

Americas & Canada

Eastern (EDT/GMT-4): -13 hours: Friday, October 5, 12:05pm
Central (CDT/GMT-5): -14 hours: Friday, October 5, 11:05am
Mountain (MDT/GMT-6): -15 hours: Friday, October 5, 10:05am
Pacific (PDT/GMT-7): -16 hours: Friday, October 5, 9:05am
S&E South America & E Canada (GMT-3): -12 hours: Friday, October 5, 1:05pm

Australia

Western (AWST/GMT+8): -1 hour: Saturday, October 6, 12:05am
Central (ACST/GMT+9.5): +0.5 hour: Saturday, October 6, 1:35am
Eastern (AEST/GMT+10): +1 hour: Saturday, October 6, 2:05am

However, Crunchyroll's Simulcast may be an hour later

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'd like to explain the decision behind the thread title here
BUT FIRST

NO MANGA SPOILERS

IF YOU WANT TO POST MANGA RELATED MATERIAL OR TALK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD, MAKE SURE IT IS SHOWN UP UNTIL THE LATEST AIRED EPISODE, ANYTHING AFTER IT (INCLUDING PARTS 6, 7 AND 8) IS A NO GO

PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW ERA MEMBERS WHO FOLLOW THE SERIES VIA THE ANIME ONLY

Now then, I had the OT written up in advance well over a year ago and wanted it to be both in Italian and English, but sadly couldn't find a fellow member to help with the translation of the text to English. So in keeping with that initial idea, I left the main thread title in Italian.
This is the ONLY JoJo OT whose title will not be in English (I have later parts' OT subtitles et al written up), and I wanna keep it that way in the hopes that it can attract more viewers and in order to keep with the theme of the series taking place in Italy.
Over time the thread will be subbed by all who are interested in the current season so there shouldn't be worry about its visibility.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Part 5 is impossible to spoil because I can outline numerous things that happen and no one will believe them

This is not an invitation to try that in this thread, so don't.

Anyway the best part in Part 5 is when Joseph shows up and he's suddenly younger and all he does is cheat on his wife for 15 straight chapters, creating enough future JoJo's for 20 parts.