• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you don't forget how Mista reloads his gun by swinging his head forward and having bullets just fall out of his hat, which his gremlins catch and reload for him

it's very powerful and good

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this fight isn't worth going whole hog on.
Err, I disagree, the fight looks really flashy in the manga. with fighting above the truck and shit when the anime reaching this part I thought this gonna be perfect "show-off" episode, but also this episode itself really not that bad tbh.

But yeah this fight feel more dynamic and fast in the manga with more use of the landscape scenery.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
He's a man who perfected the craft of being an idiot to the point that he became smart. Not using his brain cells and leaving his body do all the work saved him against the gangsters. He didn't have to think, so he didn't have it in him to even be able consider the danger that was around him, so it makes him a natural expert marksman.

Wait so, Mista has attained Ultra Instinct?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I spent far too long on this ep being hung up on how Mista was glued to the one part of the truck, they emphasised ARTS AND CRAFTS ability to stop things in stasis but I'm still not sure how that applies to the driver being stuck on the pedal for instance.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Things aren't stuck in stasis.

Think about how the bullets work when he taps them with his finger.

Hell... just think about the fact that things were fixed in place relative to other objects. Sometimes fixed points were moving.... sometimes not. If the bullets inside his body were in stasis he would be ripping himself apart every time he moved but instead they move relative to him. Just how some objects moved relative to the ground and some relative to his body.

His stand power is about controlling/ manipulating momentum/ inertia to creative effect.

Oct 25, 2017
Err, I disagree, the fight looks really flashy in the manga. with fighting above the truck and shit when the anime reaching this part I thought this gonna be perfect "show-off" episode, but also this episode itself really not that bad tbh.

But yeah this fight feel more dynamic and fast in the manga with more use of the landscape scenery.
This is honestly one of those fights I barely remember.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is honestly one of those fights I barely remember.
Also this. It's not David Pro's fault if you find this episode to be a dud. It was just honestly a meh fight to begin with. Even I, having read though Golden Wind twice from two entirely different translations, could still not remember how this fight played out.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Its the opposite from me I dont remember alot of thing in this part but I remember this one just because the truck setpiece. I think its good fight as with the next one after this which I also remember.

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I totally forgot about this battle, too, and I only read this part of the manga a few months ago. The episode was okay, though, and they're obviously holding back for stuff to come.

Speaking of manga, this is another instance of their moving backstory to way earlier than it is in the manga. I haven't read anything about Mista's backstory yet, and I'm a lot further into part 5 than the anime is!

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Its the opposite from me I dont remember alot of thing in this part but I remember this one just because the truck setpiece. I think its good fight as with the next one after this which I also remember.
I remember Narancia's fights better than this one. This didn't have enough batshit to get me to remember it. It was fun, but I tend to prefer batshit stando bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
Count me as one of the people who completely forgot about this guy's power. Which I actually enjoyed the fact I forgot, it was kinda like watching a JoJo fresh again which was neat.

Mar 21, 2018
That was a pretty fun fight and went some way to create distance between Sex Pistols and the Emperor.

Regarding the question about whether Hol Horse would win the fight or not, as the Emperor is a stand would Kraftwerk be able to affix it? Because if not, the Emperor would easily win by either shooting Kraftwerk or the stand master.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Giorno getting in the truck at the end really has me confused.
Whats so confusing? Giorno saw the blood that Mista inflicted on the enemy, assumes Mista is chasing after the enemy. Giorna is looking for a vehicle to catch up with Mista without realizing Mista already finished the fight.

Oct 25, 2017
Whats so confusing? Giorno saw the blood that Mista inflicted on the enemy, assumes Mista is chasing after the enemy. Giorna is looking for a vehicle to catch up with Mista without realizing Mista already finished the fight.
I actually see this as Part 5 poking fun of Part's 2 and 3. The fight didn't hinge on the Jojo needing to step in to resolve it, he was frankly late to the party and not even in the know with what happened. I like how Giorno wanted to "save" Mista that badly though.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I actually see this as Part 5 poking fun of Part's 2 and 3. The fight didn't hinge on the Jojo needing to step in to resolve it, he was frankly late to the party and not even in the know with what happened. I like how Giorno wanted to "save" Mista that badly though.
Part 3 pretty much had this same exact gag when Polnareff bested Devo
x1.jpg
At the end of its own episode 8, no less...hmm

Oct 26, 2017
Oops. Forgot to talk about the episode.

This was good. Probably not as good as last episode, but Mista is probably my favorite gang member at the moment.

Craftwerk is really OP. If it didn't take so long to build up kinetic energy in the bullets and do it so finely that it doesn't veer off course, he'd be a walking cannon.

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a lame ep. It wasn't in any good in the manga either despite what people say. DP actually did make it better but, i wish they brought their a-game to it to improve it. Episode didnt look bad it just it was boring. Such an awesome band is wasted on such a lame stand/user

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Kraftwerk is 100% stasis from Breath of the Wild
Thinking on it, yeah.
But I think just a tad more useful in how it can stop multiple things at once

"If you want an easy explanation of him using the bullets, think of it as fixing the bullets in a still motion as he perpetually taps it and it stores Potential Energy, then he releases it to Kinetic Energy."

Well, that works too

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
- this man Mista said "ALL WOMEN ARE QUEENS" and awoke to his destiny
- these motherfuckers were so shook they couldn't hit Mista once while he was standing still
- Arts & Crafts? that's what you went with?
- pretty neat power though, I dig it
- lmao that reload
- ...they said Arts & Crafts tho
- Mista pls no bully driver
- ...why did you open your mouth. even if you could stop it that seems dumb
- the actual fight wasn't all that tbh
- lmao that buildup and death
- 3 pls no bully 5
- Giorno pls no bully driver

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't think the next fight will start next episode but i expect a lot of plot especially since i think they are moving some things to next episode

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
His singlemindedness and lack of fear scared the guys so much that they couldn't shoot straight

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
For a second there I was expecting another tragic backstory.

Y'know, with the two stray bullets hitting the girls Mista had just passed.

I mean shit that was a lot of bullets being fired, people regularly get killed by stray bullets from just a few being shot.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit disappointed that Mista killed those four guys though.

They would have made some fine XCOM agents.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is no one going to mention the fact that Mista can fire a revolver fast enough that he can have the second bullet travelling directly behind the first?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Also this. It's not David Pro's fault if you find this episode to be a dud. It was just honestly a meh fight to begin with. Even I, having read though Golden Wind twice from two entirely different translations, could still not remember how this fight played out.

I thought the guy climbing on rocks was really fucking clever.