Le bizzarre avventure di GioGio: Vento Aureo Anime (JoJo P5) |OT| Freek'N Fridays

Oct 25, 2017
San Jose
JoJo took a relatively-brief break from Toonami between Parts 2 & 3 for AoT Season 2, but it hasn’t stopped since. It’ll likely take another break between Parts 4 & 5 so VIZ Media can get the dub ready to go.
oh right, man that was a while ago

boy if we just break for a few months (well probably longer than that) and roll right into the part 5 dub that'd be pretty incredible

Oct 25, 2017
If y'all aren't watching it, the Part 4 dub is pretty good.
Even some of the casting choices that I wasn't feeling at first have come into their own.
I might get back to it when Kira or Rohan pop up. I had no patience to wait for the good shit to happen so I marathoned it again in Japanese. The dub is really good though.

Oct 26, 2017
I might get back to it when Kira or Rohan pop up. I had no patience to wait for the good shit to happen so I marathoned it again in Japanese. The dub is really good though.
We'll hear Rohan's English voice for the first time this Saturday. I don't know who Viz Media would get for Kira. The casting needs to be perfect.

Oct 25, 2017
Also Adachi doesn't have Lelouches pitch and he was a high schooler. I will admit to preferring JYB's deeper evil tone these days, though I do still like him as Vash.

Neoxon

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sakurai is ready for Jojo's Friday, the last one before Super Smash Bros Ultimate !!
Just a friendly reminder that Little Mac is voiced by Mista.....among other VAs.
Here's a list of every Smash voice actor who also does a role for JoJo (it's a transplant from my r/SmashBros thread).....the David Production adaptation of JoJo, to be exact.
  • English Robin & Richter Belmont: David Vincent
    • JoJo: Narrator
  • English Simon Belmont: Keith Silverstein
    • JoJo: Robert Edward O. Speedwagon
  • English Chrom: Matthew Mercer
    • JoJo: Jotaro Kujo
  • English Ryu: Kyle Hebert
    • JoJo: Noriaki Kakyoin
  • English Roy: Ray Chase
    • JoJo: Rubber Soul
  • English Corrin (Male): Cam Clarke
    • JoJo: D'Arby Older
  • The Announcer: Xander Mobus
    • JoJo: D'Arby Younger
  • English Robin (Female): Lauren Landa
    • JoJo: Mariah
  • English Zero: Johnny Yong Bosch
    • JoJo: Jonathan Joestar
  • English Dracula: Patrick Seitz
    • JoJo: DIO Brando
  • Japanese Incineroar: Unshō Ishizuka....god rest his soul
    • JoJo: Old Joseph Joestar
  • Cloud: Takahiro Sakurai
    • JoJo: Rohan Kishibe
  • Japanese Chrom: Tomokazu Sugita
    • JoJo: Young Jospeh Joestar
  • Japanese Snake: Akio Ōtsuka
    • JoJo: Wammu
  • Mewtwo: Keiji Fujiwara
    • JoJo: Esidisi
  • Japanese Bayonetta: Atsuko Tanaka
    • JoJo: Lisa Lisa
  • Pikachu: Ikue Ōtani
    • JoJo: Mannish Baby
  • Little Mac: Kosuke Toriumi
    • JoJo: Guido Mista
  • Japanese Simon Belmont: Hideo Ishikawa
    • JoJo: Polpo
Also, while Mega Man doesn't talk in Smash, his current English voice actor elsewhere is Benjamin Diskin, who's also the English voice actor for Young Joseph Joestar.

Did I miss anyone?

OP
OP
Tizoc
Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Episode was up on time, but it sometimes doesn't appear in the JoJo page; if you look at the main crunchyroll page you will see it listed there.

Anyways, episode was decent and Aerosmith showing up was really cool.

Also, Little Feat and how Narancia was attacked in the anime was handled nicely, because in the manga the flow wouldn't ranslate well if animated.

Nov 5, 2017
Narnancia/Aerosmith's theme is hype as hell and i really liked the reveal

Also Trish Una's voice actresss is Sayaka Senbongi who voiced:

• Mumei (Koutetsujou no Kabaneri)

• Yuu Mononobe (Juuou Mujin no Fafnir)

• Claire Kokonoe (Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku)

• Mariella (Black Clover)

• Ruri Akutsu (Aho Girl)

• Arisu Kamiigusa (Animegataris)

Last edited:

SSJDio

User requested ban
Apr 13, 2018
Awesome episode. They made sure to squeeze every little bit of dialogue that they could.

THOSE SOUND FX ON AEROSMITH MY GOD

CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS ANIMATED

OP
OP
Tizoc
Oct 25, 2017
Oman
It should be noted that Trish's clothes we see her in now are not the same clothes she wore in her debut chapter; it's merely her main outfit throughout the rest of Part 5.