• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man these episodes go by fast. They're so good.

I remember early part 5 being kind of a slog but then again I read a sort of bad translation.

Glad that David Pro is splicing in the backstories earlier and adding new content.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
So we're just gonna talk about Part 6 like its anime adaption isn't two years away. Cruel.

If it's treated nearly as well as P5, then it can cement its place as the best part. Can't wait!

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Take the Part wars to the manga thread please =3

So when is the OST releasing? All the music in this show has me hyped to listen to it clean.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, while i am not looking that much forward to the next arc (i think it's one of Part 5's worst fights) the fight after is hnnnnggggg can't wait for it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It wasn't three episodes long. The start of the fight happened in the last 5 minutes of the episode. There were also two flashbacks
Yeah, both Narancia's Flashback and the Execution Squad's flashback was during the fight and they wanted to expand upon them because let's be honest. They were kinda weak in the manga so i didn't mind having 2 and 1/4 episodes dedicated to the fight

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The reason why Japan doesn't like Part 6 is the Female Protagonist and Ending
This is false as far as I know. The reasons, at least for the Japanese fandoms I know think, are
the art sucks, the pacing is weird and irregular, the one-shot enemies are mostly lame compared to the one-shot enemies of parts 3 to 5, and what happens to the two popular characters of previous parts. Jolyne, Hermès, FF, Pucci and Weather are popular. Anna Sui and the Green Baby aren't because they don't make sense. I personally also think Weather doesn't make sense, so I don't know why he gets preferred treatment.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
This is false as far as I know. The reasons, at least for the Japanese fandoms I know think, are
the art sucks, the pacing is weird and irregular, the one-shot enemies are mostly lame compared to the one-shot enemies of parts 3 to 5, and what happens to the two popular characters of previous parts. Jolyne, Hermès, FF, Pucci and Weather are popular. Anna Sui and the Green Baby aren't because they don't make sense. I personally also think Weather doesn't make sense, so I don't know why he gets preferred treatment.
Most of these are fair criticisms except for

The one shot villains. Now don't get me wrong, some of the ones in the middle of part 6 are straight up trash, but most of part 3's are atrocious.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp I think I just saw a huge spoiler on eBay looking for Jojo action figures.
Apparently that one has happened to a few people. It's not a huge deal if that makes you feel any better.

The part where Narancia is hitting the car and freaking out may have been one of my favorite parts of the season so far. There was so much energy.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The one shot villains. Now don't get me wrong, some of the ones in the middle of part 6 are straight up trash, but most of part 3's are atrocious.
I think the part 3 villains get a free pass in the Japanese fandom because it was the mid-90s, and the equivalent at the time in other Shônen Jump series were really bad.
You can see the magazine evolving through and around Jôtarô's adventure. Shônen mangas when part 5 was published were very different already.
People who discovered part 3 in the 2010s are judging it and its characters in a wholly different context from most Japanese fans.

Also, I forgot Annasui was popular for his gender-bending (as accidental as it was) and his super famous sentence and pose. Unfortunately, nothing he does or say after that sentence is well liked, and most fans also considered him a poorly written character after this sentence.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think the part 3 villains get a free pass in the Japanese fandom because it was the mid-90s, and the equivalent at the time in other Shônen Jump series were really bad.
You can see the magazine evolving through and around Jôtarô's adventure. Shônen mangas when part 5 was published were very different already.
People who discovered part 3 in the 2010s are judging it and its characters in a wholly different context from most Japanese fans.

Contextually that's fair, but I'm talking overall, divorced from time period. Which is also why i can't rate nay of the first 3 parts over anything from part 4 onwards, they all fail spectacularly in some core aspects. Even 2 which is a hell of a ride suffers from a lack of any cast depth and being as bullshit as it is.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Contextually that's fair, but I'm talking overall, divorced from time period. Which is also why i can't rate nay of the first 3 parts over anything from part 4 onwards, they all fail spectacularly in some core aspects. Even 2 which is a hell of a ride suffers from a lack of any cast depth and being as bullshit as it is.
I agree with you, especially when most of part 4 and 5 still hold up regardless of one's history with the series, nationality or else. They are still good more than 20 years after they were drawn.
I was just trying to explain that part 3 holds a very, very special place in most Japanese people's mind, and it's the kind of attitude that's being fostered and transmitted to the next generation of fans, so their views on it is very different from most of the western fan's.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
That's even more lame af

I agree. The conclusion was pretty badass, but looking back, that shit dragged
So I fell behind pretty far, so me and my wife watched the last 5 episodes back to back, and it didn't feel like a drag at all. Unfortunately, it's really hard to choose between week to week pacing, and pacing everything as a whole. The former of which can be brutal in real time, but like I said, we just caught up and I didn't feel like it dragged all that much in one go.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I'm gonna ask it again to keep things that haven't happened in the anime yet out of this thread. Don't hide behind "but I used the spoilertags" excuse. Discussion on part 6 and beyond has no place here. It's not very welcome if you come into this thread as an animewatcher and see spoilertags.

There are places better suited. Like the JoJo community thread linked in the OP.

Next time, I'm not gonna ask anymore.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I still hate the stand names in the anime. Tiny feet, Lil Bomber, Moody Jazz, Zipperman...wtf!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Part 5 has easily been the best overall so far, people who say part 4 is best need to pass whatever they're taking.