• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Part 7 > Part 4 > Part 6 > Part 2 > Part 5 > Part 3 > Part 1

Fight me.

Manga: Part 7 >>>>>>> Part 4 > Part 5 = Part 6 > Part 2 > Part 3 > Part 1.

Anime : Part 5 so far > Part 2 > Part 3 > Part 4 >>>>> Part 1 (after reading the part 1 manga, I actually don't think this is much of a great adaptation. The charm of the 80s art is replaced by weird bear faces, and a looot of smaller moments are cut out).

I'm actually shocked at how much my lists differ for both mediums. Just goes to show how much animation can retool and add to an existing work, or conversely, be a detriment to it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Great episode, this whole series has a knack for taking a character I have little connection to/interest in (Iggy, Rohan, Narancia) and then giving them a little spotlight that is so sharp and excellently done that they suddenly become deep favorites.

NewErakid

Jan 17, 2018
Well finally caught up with the anime its been years since I read the jojo manga so it's hard to comment on how good or bad the adaptions compare to the originals but I'm definitely enjoying part 5 a lot so far and does seem to have better animation than part 4. I'm actually kinda surprised how many people like part 4 so much but when I think about it I guess it comes down to personal preference. I remember I struggled to read through part 4 and I found myself pretty bored at times while watching it. I assume people who like it like because of the how laid back it feel as well the slice of elements as well as the characters but I remember how much more fun I had reading part 5 thanks to the spectacular stand battles. it had and I look forward to seeing them animated.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Oi dont make me use giant caps
Take all manga and ranking talk to the community thread for jojo please.
We are all excited for part 6 adaptation i get that but please be mindful of your anime only watching josistas and jobros.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Spiders... why did have to be a spider...

At the end of the episode I had the unfortunate realization that Formaggio is a minor enemy and won't be sticking around for a while like I'd hoped. Which really sucks, because I grew to enjoy him a lot. His voice is great, his design is great, and he was just a fun antagonist overall.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

At the end of the episode I had the unfortunate realization that Formaggio is a minor enemy and won't be sticking around for a while like I'd hoped. Which really sucks, because I grew to enjoy him a lot. His voice is great, his design is great, and he was just a fun antagonist overall.
yup. this ain't part 4

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man i loved this scene

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

In Part 5 you either win your stand battle or you fucking die. The execution squad are the best monster of the week characters in the franchise.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Crying Luca was an excellent warning about what the series would be about.
He's the cliché non-super-powered thug only there to show that the charismatic main character has the higher-ground both power-wise and ambition-wise.
In any other series, he would have been beaten, then made amends or disappeared. Here, he got his skull bashed in, and then has been mercy-killed and finally cut into pieces by the hero's main ally just to mess with Giorno for a couple of seconds.
Part 5 was not messing around even before the first Stand battle. Everyone here is a trained assassin, and killing or being killed is just part of the job.

It's quite ironic the character chosen to make a transition from part 4 was poor Koichi, one of the most light-hearted and positive characters the series has ever had. If he had stayed in Italy a bit longer and had somehow survived, he would probably be curled into a ball in an asylum somewhere.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah Part 5 is really the start of things getting really dark in JoJo - every part onwards is really dark.Honestly no one in Part 5 is a straight up hero.Even the main crew are anti-heroes

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
This has been the best adapted part so far. Stylistically, It's all great.

Im all for the B team becoming the main jojo team.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
The anime is amazing. Never read this part is all is new for me. How long it will be? Do we know if we will get split seasons? thx

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I think that final stand-off between Narancia and Formaggio alone made this my favourite fight in Golden Wind so far. That music during the build-up was SUPERB.

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I love the part 5 manga, but I legitimately prefer the anime to it so far. The studio really went out of its way to highlight every scene to the max, holy shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Araki embraced the fabulous.
Because Araki was inspired by Italian Fashion when making this part
Have you seen what Jonathan wore? This series was always drawing strength from fashion design.
Yeah I phrased that wrong. I meant the characters in Part 5 dressing normal in their flashbacks (besides cheese man).
But then again your answers still kinda work

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I phrased that wrong. I meant the characters in Part 5 dressing normal in their flashbacks (besides cheese man).
But then again your answers still kinda work
What are you talking about? They all dress normally, so much so that they would never be suspected of being gangsters. Look at the main cast, if you saw people dressed that way, would you think they're gangsters? Never!