• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
NO MANGA SPOILERS

IF YOU WANT TO POST MANGA RELATED MATERIAL OR TALK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD, MAKE SURE IT IS SHOWN UP UNTIL THE LATEST AIRED EPISODE, ANYTHING AFTER IT (INCLUDING PARTS 6, 7 AND 8) IS A NO GO

PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW ERA MEMBERS WHO FOLLOW THE SERIES VIA THE ANIME ONLY

You can discuss Parts 1-4 in this thread if you wish, and furthermore, we have a JoJo Community thread to further discuss the series:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jojos-bizarre-adventure-era-ot-stand-up-and-pose.560/

xUhcM86.png

PREVIOUSLY ON JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE
7d8.png

Introduction
Welcome one and all to the animated adaptation of Part 5 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
This new Part takes place in fair and beautiful Italy, home of fashion, art and yakuzamafiapizza (Mozzarella~). Going forward, the series' trademark fabulousness, fashion and Stands with ridiculous powers are taken up BEYOND ELEVEN AND THE BRAKES HAVE CEASED TO EXIST.

(For a totally optional but MAXIMUM enjoyment, watch the show with friends and/or family who have never watched JoJo before and watch joyfully as their mind goes numb from the absurdity and exquisite fashion style.)

The story
Taking place in 2001, Part 5 follows Giorno Giovana, a charismatic youth with style, fortitude, resolve and, most important of all, a DREAM. It is this DREAM that pushes him forward in this madcap odyssey he is about to embark; for you see, Giorno Giovana
IBj7GhB.jpg

Now let's meet our fantastic fashionistas~

giornoxyfe1.jpg

Giorno Giovana is a teenager with a most peculiar dream and he will let nothing and no one get in his way to achieve it. Aided by a golden coloured Stand and crazy ass Italian donuts hairdo he will embark on a quest to achieve his dream.

fllUwWg.png

Bruno is a member of the syndicate 'Passione', yet what interest does he have with Giorno? Does he wish to earn his friendship? Or could he be a long lost childhood friend of Giorno's whose many years apart have made them forget each other and now the power of Standsfate has re-united them once again?!

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

OSALkFP.jpg

What brings Kuichi Hirose to Italy? Is he chasing after the infamous identity thief Guanglai Kangyi whom he had finally tracked down to Italy with the help of the Speedwagon Foundation? Or is he seeking a relaxing holiday from the constant weirdness of Morioh and searching for new adventures in FRIENDSHIP?! CAN HE FINALLY ACHIEVE HIS DREAM OF BECOMING A JO-BRO OR WILL HE GET DONUT-ED REGARDLESS ONCE AGAIN?!

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!

mistaiqez8.jpg

Guido Mista comes off as a carefree relaxed guy, but when it's time to get serious, he won't hesitate to be the first on the frontlines and will do his damnedest to help Bruno and the gang achieve their objective.

abacseo7.png

Leone Abacchio is the eldest member of Bruno's gang and is a non-sense & serious individual, and doesn't trust outsiders easily. Could Giorno's inclusion bring forth an unexpected friction among the group or will FRIENDSHIP prevail in the end?

xdvo7vG.png

Pannacotta Fugo is a smart and calm young man and a member of Bruno's team within Passione. His cool demeanor and quick thinking will be an effective advantage to Giorno and friends, as well as a Stand to match.

narancia1ce0k.png

Narancia Ghirga's intelligence may sometimes be brought to question, but not his ferocity and tenacity when the need calls for it. Narncia has enough street smarts to help him in a fight and will see things through one way or the other.

Where to watch
Crunchyroll.com will be hosting the series subtitled in multiple languages including Italian, Spanish, Arabic & English, soon after an episode finishes airing in Japan, in the series dedicated web page.

Furthermore, here are the timings at which an episode will air in Japan
Someone figured out what time will JoJo Part 5 come out:

Europe

UK (BST/GMT+1): -8 hours; Friday, October 5, 5:05pm
Central Europe (CEST/GMT+2): -7 hours: Friday, October 5, 6:05pm

Americas & Canada

Eastern (EDT/GMT-4): -13 hours: Friday, October 5, 12:05pm
Central (CDT/GMT-5): -14 hours: Friday, October 5, 11:05am
Mountain (MDT/GMT-6): -15 hours: Friday, October 5, 10:05am
Pacific (PDT/GMT-7): -16 hours: Friday, October 5, 9:05am
S&E South America & E Canada (GMT-3): -12 hours: Friday, October 5, 1:05pm

Australia

Western (AWST/GMT+8): -1 hour: Saturday, October 6, 12:05am
Central (ACST/GMT+9.5): +0.5 hour: Saturday, October 6, 1:35am
Eastern (AEST/GMT+10): +1 hour: Saturday, October 6, 2:05am

However, Crunchyroll's Simulcast may be an hour later

Media
Original announcement teaser
Character PV trailers (showcases protagonists' stands)

Manga Volume covers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
To keep you entertained til the anime airs, re-experience the great musical works of the Artist Famously Known As Prince

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are getting some of the best main cast character designs in the series. Get hype.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Awwww Jojo fridays are back, BABY!!!

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is looking like the most fabulous part to date. I'd like to make predictions for manga people to laugh at but I feel there's no predicting with Araki. Expecting a lot of Gangster film references.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I think this part will be really popular animated. The quality and quantity of the fights paired with the stylish designs will really lend themselves to animation.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
This is looking like the most fabulous part to date. I'd like to make predictions for manga people to laugh at but I feel there's no predicting with Araki. Expecting a lot of Gangster film references.
Just get ready for Stando Bullshit like never before. If anything Part 5 merely escalates it as the manga progresses.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I always have heard criticism of this part, was it because is bad, isn't as strong as the older parts o I have only talked with idiots in my life?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I always have heard criticism of this part, was it because is bad, isn't as strong as the older parts o I have only talked with idiots in my life?
The thing is Part 5 suffered from the worst translations for the longest time but now it has brand new translations and colour pages and most pepole consider it to be in the Top 4-5 JoJo Parts

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The thing is Part 5 suffered from the worst translations for the longest time but now it has brand new translations and colour pages and most pepole consider it to be in the Top 4-5 JoJo Parts

Being Top 5 in a series with 8 parts doesn't give me enough confidence, but I have enjoyed all parts so far, and I'm sure that this isn't going to be the exception

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Being Top 5 in a series with 8 parts doesn't give me enough confidence, but I have enjoyed all parts so far, and I'm sure that this isn't going to be the exception
Here's the thing with Part 5 - if we are talking about just the fights which are honestly a major part of the manga. Part 5 is the best no questions asked - it's just people tend to prefer 2,4,7 more because people prefer the cast not that Part 5 doesn't have it's standouts

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

Part 5 has some of the best fights in the series

It just suffers from inconsistent main character powers and a finale that is a bit too much of a clusterfuck

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
It suffered from bad translations that seemed fine at first (ie, not Duwang-level gibberish) but actually tended to completely change the meaning of sentences where the translators didn't get a cultural reference or idiom, and would strip out most character personality.

It infamously culminated in the final antagonist's Stand explanation - which is admittedly a bit confusing at first - becoming completely incomprehensible as the translators put in multiple increasingly inaccurate explanations chapter after chapter.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It suffered from bad translations that seemed fine at first (ie, not Duwang-level gibberish) but actually tended to completely change the meaning of sentences where the translators didn't get a cultural reference or idiom, and would strip out most character personality.

It infamously culminated in the final antagonist's Stand explanation - which is admittedly a bit confusing at first - becoming completely incomprehensible as the translators put in multiple increasingly inaccurate explanations chapter after chapter.
True but that's changed - the new translations really helped bolster Part 5's popularity

Paid subscriptions to CR only or what?
It's basically like MHA was. Part 5 will be simulcast

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So excited. Part 5 has some of the best fights in the series by far, ooooooo we are in for some treats

Ashby

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True but that's changed - the new translations really helped bolster Part 5's popularity

It's basically like MHA was. Part 5 will be simulcast
Are these new translations the JoJo Colored Adventure Team ones? I'm finishing up their translation of Part 4 and want to make sure I'm moving on to the "right" Part 5 translation

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Bet Bruno and Mista become fanfavourites for anime onlies by the end of the Anime's run. I mean i love a lot of the other charcters but those two are best boys

Are these new translations the JoJo Colored Adventure Team ones? I'm finishing up their translation of Part 4 and want to make sure I'm moving on to the "right" Part 5 translation
Yep and you can find them pretty easily.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Koichi is in this? I still haven't followed up on my thought to read the manga but I've seen much of the anime at this point. Guess I'll hop on board for this too.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah. First Jojo I can watch and comment on at the same time. 2 cour this time around or is it more?

Seems to be listed as 39 episodes, which should be fine. It's shorter than Part 4 and about the same size as 3, so 39 will both move at a good pace (unlike 3) but will allow it to breathe a little more (unlike 4).