• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Here a fun fact for you guys and gals: According to Hirohiko Araki, Fugo is actually wearing a thong rather than pants.

tumblr_pj11lzLkkp1rs1bbr_1280.jpg

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The next several episodes are literally going to be the most action packed this series has ever been iirc

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I first watched the Jojo anime 3 years ago. Super late, I know! I think I was always put off by the name.

I absolutely loved the first two anime seasons of Jojo. I'm a big Street Fighter fan and I could definitely see the influences on it. The hubris. The cool poses. The distinctive art design.

I did not enjoy the 3rd season (Diamond is unbreakable) as much. It wasn't bad, it just...wasn't as good.

Anybody who felt the same way, how does this (4th) season rank in your opinion?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I first watched the Jojo anime 3 years ago. Super late, I know! I think I was always put off by the name.

I absolutely loved the first two anime seasons of Jojo. I'm a big Street Fighter fan and I could definitely see the influences on it. The hubris. The cool poses. The distinctive art design.

I did not enjoy the 3rd season (Diamond is unbreakable) as much. It wasn't bad, it just...wasn't as good.

Vento Aureo (the current season) has the same formula as Stardust Crusaders (Jotaro & friends) in that it is more of a journey than a slice-of-life-ish mystery (Diamond is Unbreakable) around a single location. I personally consider it to be my favourite part so I am biased, but I think Vento Aureo reaches higher highs, and also manages to evolve a lot in delivering a great experience from the get-go whereas I'd personally consider Stardust Crusaders to become truly great when they reach Cairo (the first D'Arby fight).

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Vento Aureo (the current season) has the same formula as Stardust Crusaders (Jotaro & friends) in that it is more of a journey than a slice-of-life-ish mystery (Diamond is Unbreakable) around a single location. I personally consider it to be my favourite part so I am biased, but I think Vento Aureo reaches higher highs, and also manages to evolve a lot in delivering a great experience from the get-go whereas I'd personally consider Stardust Crusaders to become truly great when they reach Cairo (the first D'Arby fight).

Music to my ears, sib!

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States

JoJo Part 4 (Diamond is Not Crash Unbreakable) was just a bit better, for instance, when it came to the nitty-gritty in the manga. The anime had to rush right on through it and miss a good few moments I liked, and some here & there which were kinda vital to the overarching plot - maybe on the foreshadowing side of things

Despite this, it's still my favorite adaptation DavidPro's done. Might soon become the second to Golden Wind

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

So far this season's done really damn well in my opinion

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Hard not to be confident when DP is literally
telling you about the upcoming fights by name.

Last edited:

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DIU didnt look that bad. The worst episodes were outsourced. Why? Idk but, they lacked any of the same charm DP had and often were terribly animated. I hope they dont out source them again. They failed big time with Kira's stand reveal. But as a whole DIU was not that bad. They nailed the final battle and later battles. DP isn't exactly a big company so temper your expectations.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
DIU didnt look that bad. The worst episodes were outsourced. Why? Idk but, they lacked any of the same charm DP had and often were terribly animated. I hope they dont out source them again. They failed big time with Kira's stand reveal. But as a whole DIU was not that bad. They nailed the final battle and later battles. DP isn't exactly a big company so temper your expectations.
True but i have a feeling we won't see any outsourcing if they manage to plan ahead of time and since they have had a lot more time to work on VA Anime then they did with DIU

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
The only time DIU production really bothered me was the Killer Queen reveal. KQ looked so bad and I wanted it to look so good.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Whose your guys' favorite character so far? Mine so far is Mista; I love his stand and his backstory is just pure Jojo.
Don't have a hard read on the characters yet, but so far it's Bucciarati > Abbacchio > Giorno > Mista > Narancia. Need to to see more of the last guy to form any kind of opinion. I can also see Abbacchio taking the #1 place from Bruno because the former's likability was still trending upwards in my eyes when we last saw him in the show.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Can we take a moment to appreciate how David Production didn't resort to cutting down the frame rate for Aerosmith? It going at a smooth frame rate actually fits better with the overall aesthetic.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Loving this season but its been so long since GioGio used his stand that I forgot how attacks against him are absorbed against the user. When someone mentioned Luca I remembered. Or is this a power that will just be forgotten? Heh.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This thread made realize that Lil Bomber was Aerosmith. I also had never heard of Little Feat just like I hadn't heard of Kraftwerk until last episode. This show is giving me a good music education. Naracia's got a quick temper.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Aside from the outsourced episodes... It looked fine. Still, I can't stress enough how much of the energy and charm was lost in them "simplifying" the artstyle. Sure, the more loose art fits better with the slice of life genre, but part of the reason why DiU is one of my favourite parts is BECAUSE of that juxtaposition. It looking intense and super serious when the actual material is goofy af is some of the most fun I've ever had reading a manga. Heck, even the anime defaults to the detailed and serious artstyle by the final episodes.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Today at my local cinema - i watched My Hero Academia Two Heroes and when ever Daiki Yamashita - i always reminded of Narancia now - Bakugou in Deku's body with less intelligence is an adapt description of Narancia

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
"My Italian mafia can't be this fabulous."
Love this shot.
fegQKE1.png
Same here, while the 1st half of last episode was kinda meh in terms of animation (it had some great moments). The second half with Aerosmith was top notch. If i am correct, there's going to be a flashback i am really looking foward to seeing next episode

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I just saw a Japanese Stream of the Episode and i was like...how in the hell did DP get this past the censors - i am deadly serious here, things are about to get disturbing. Bring a barf bag

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Did anybody watch or post this Jacob Chapman video yet?

Getting into more depth on what the gayness/queerness of Jojo actually means, and in part 5 specifically.