• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
1544201615053.jpg

Risotto Nero (CV: Shinshu Fuji)
Formaggio (CV: Jun Fukushima)
Illuso (CV: Ken Narita)
Prosciutto (CV: Tatsuhisa Suzuki)
Pesci (CV: Subaru Kimura)
Melone (CV: Junji Majima)
Ghiaccio (CV: Nobuhiko Okamoto )

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Straight up VANDALISM in this episode. Formaggio's antics are freakin' hilarious trying to escape from Aeorsmith. Like yeah they're dramatic but at the same time I can't help but laugh in joy at the sheer absurdity of it.

Also there's some nice foreshadowing with Fugo this episode.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, David Production went beyond for that Squadra Flashback, it's also one of the most brutal moments in Part 5

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Due to the slow ass loading of the ep. either cuz of Crunchy or my net I had to spend a damned 45 minutes to watch this episode but holy shit
OH MY GOD THAT THING WITH THE CAR.
THE MOST JOJO SHIT EVER.
PRAISE BE DAVID PRO.

At first I was against this expansion of this group, but now I like it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man this episode was sooo good. The Flashback is 10/10. Honestly with all these anime original scenes - this is hands down the best JoJo Adaption as long as they don't falter

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
So umm, this thread doesn't show on my watched threads anymore :/

I really liked the episode, the animation quality is back to being very good, the variations of Aerosmith' theme are killer and makes me so excited for the OST to come out this month

Well yeah, it's a nice twist that Formaggio is the protagionst of this episode which is why they decided to move up the Execution Squad's backstory to this episode. They really wanted an episode to focus on them

They're making really good changes that I enjoy a lot. You can see they're building something up rather than just going through the "stand of the week" formula. It feels like we've reached another stage of Vento Aureo since Formaggio's reveal.

It's also a good ass fight so far. Anyone disappointed by Kraftwerk can let a sigh of relief.

Oct 25, 2017
GioGio 10

Honestly, Aerosmith to L'il Bomber might be the worst name change in the series. Maybe Sex Pistols to Six Bullets is slightly worse but its one of those two.

I kinda like the role swap in this fight where the villain is being hunted and trying to figure out what the protagonists stand does since the villains stand is rather obvious.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I have a feeling some fans might be mixed on introducing all of the members on the Execution Squad early but personally i really liked it. The Execution Team is easily the best minor villains in JoJo so to see them get more screentime/interactions is more than welcome.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Oh shit forgot about this today.

Smash Bro hype is crazy y'all.
True, i have been playing it all day

Let's go into the Food Names/Italian References:

Risotto Nero - Risotto is an Italian Rice Dish but since his name is Risotto Nero - it is a specfic type of Risotto dyed in Sellipo Ink

Illuso doesn't have a food name unless i remember incorrectly but it's Deluded in Italian

Pesci is the Italian Word for Fish

Proscuitto is a specific type of Ham Dish

Melone is the Italian Word for Melon

Ghiaccio is the Italian Word for Ice.

giphy.gif

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Dude wtf half this ep was original content.
That's not a bad thing though. David Production is expanding and improving on the manga

When you think about it - the Assassin Squad is not that much different from our protagonists. They have a very valid reason for wanting to find the boss considering he set his men to kill two of their own.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK AT THAT CAR SCENE. Holy shit at all this new Squadra content! They didn't even need to do it, considering that La Squadra is already the best set of antagonists in the series as is

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
What in the name of jesus did I just watch. No seriously, what in the flying fuck. Expanded or not this shit was wild. That restaurant scene and then the Sorbet and Gelato story, I was not expecting that much brutality. Fucking elbaming liquid glass compartments. Fucking exploding bodies from hyper stretching. Fucking Villain of the Week Narancia viewpoint. I can't stop saying fuck because HOLY FUCK AT THIS EPISODE.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
What in the name of jesus did I just watch. No seriously, what in the flying fuck. Expanded or not this shit was wild. That restaurant scene and then the Sorbet and Gelato story, I was not expecting that much brutality. Fucking elbaming liquid glass compartments. Fucking exploding bodies from hyper stretching. Fucking Villain of the Week Narancia viewpoint. I can't stop saying fuck because HOLY FUCK AT THIS EPISODE.
Yeah, this episode is so good and really makes me wonder how this got past Japan's censors. Also the WB version is going to be even more uncensored. Though it's not just the gore that makes this episode fantastic, it truly expanded on the Assassination Squad - while i love them in the manga, the anime version of the team is even better

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Never doubt David Production. That episode was fantastic and La Squadra Esecuzioni's flashback was expanded upon perfectly.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
That Gelato and Sorbet flashback was some Dexter shit. I mean......just......DAYUM

That car didn't seem so small that the person drinking it wouldn't have noticed it in clear liquid. But whatever, that scene was fucking awesome. The fucked up anime version of:

o2xpIBL.gif

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I can't fucking believe the Sorbet scene made it through the censors. This is something some of us were joking would just be non descript body parts or black boxes, but it's here in all of its fucked up glory

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
What's also great about this flashback is that it makes you understand the consequences of messing with the Boss. If Bruno's gang fail they will likely suffer the same fate as Sorbet and Gelato

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think this was the first episode I would say was outright boring for me. The battle was way too slow paced, and it felt disjointed with the backstory of the hitmen inserted into the conflict. For once, the constant exposition got to me, and I had about enough.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I think this was the first episode I would say was outright boring for me. The battle was way too slow paced, and it felt disjointed with the backstory of the hitmen inserted into the conflict. For once, the constant exposition got to me, and I had about enough.
I personally disagree with you but i understand. The Hitman backstory was originally going to be later in the fight but i assume they wanted an episode to focus on Formaggio and the Squad

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
As someone that put in too much time with Red Dead, I can relate to Formaggio's struggles.

Narancia is dumb as rocks and I love him for it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I just realised something - there are 9 Members of the Assassination Squad. Sorbet's Body was split into 36 Art Pieces. 36/9 = 4. That's right - the unlucky 4 strikes again

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
oh my god the flashback with the enemy squad was soo good.

hannibal would be proud
rkUNhlx.jpg
best episode so far, i'm speechless.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It's been a while since I read Part 5, but I don't remember the flashback in this episode. Was it a David Production original segment?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I just realised something - there are 9 Members of the Assassination Squad. Sorbet's Body was split into 36 Art Pieces. 36/9 = 4. That's right - the unlucky 4 strikes again
How you watch this eps and your impression of Narancia are he is dumb lol. He mightve not a book smart but he a clever kid that adapt fast.

Btw great eps.. that cliffhanger is nasty

Oct 25, 2017
How you watch this eps and your impression of Narancia are he is dumb lol. He mightve not a book smart but he a clever kid that adapt fast.

Btw great eps.. that cliffhanger is nasty
Narancia is in my opinion more intelligent than Okuyasu. Narancia is very book dumb, but he's battle smart. He knows the in and outs of how his stand works and is able to fight around that.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Narancia's like the first JoJo ally who's been the one to instigate "first one to die, loses" rules in a Stand fight. So that's pretty good, I would say.