• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I'd go with Little Feet = Black Sabbath > Man in the Mirror > Sticky Fingers > Kraftwerk > Soft Machine

First two both have great visuals and great fighting, MitM has a lotta asspulls but is really good either way, ZipperMan is the introduction to Gio and Bucci and isn't very complex but fun nonetheless. Kraftwerk was fun but had weak visuals, and Soft Machine's conclusion is very weird and confusing and doesn't make sense but everything before the reveal is great stuff

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we're just talking about the Jojos' stands, then yes. However, I'd still say Kira has the most op stand power I've seen so far (I'm anime only).
Id still say Time Stop given constant practice and use would probably be the most OP, as Stopping Time for any chunk of time breaks every stand power. Like, Purple Haze would probably still affect SHA as gravity did. But a Virus can't do anything in stopped time.

Jotaro just got dumb and refused to use it so he can only pull it off for a second, whereas if Dio had succeeded and continued past part 3, by part 4 he'd probably be able to stop time for minutes.

And minutes in Jojo time can be nearly two episodes.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Giorno should just cover himself with ants he gave life in every Stand battle. He'd be fucking invincible. Reflecting every attack like it's fucking nothing

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I actually can't see time based powers not being the most OP shit ever.
There's a reason DIO did fuck all for P3, and Jotaro just watched dolphins for most of P4.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Yeah I actually can't see time based powers not being the most OP shit ever.
There's a reason DIO did fuck all for P3, and Jotaro just watched dolphins for most of P4.

Starfish. Jotaro watched starfish.

But in part 4 his time stop ability is less powerful. One is the stands are way stronger than in Part 3 and two Jotaro's limit has become shorter.

We also see it with koichi in part 5. Too much bullshittery he can't handle.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
At least Araki put a "limit" to the time stop ability (barring monologue time of course :P)

Funny you should mention that, because I feel like monologue time is the actual limit of the time stop ability. That's why Jotaro was damaged more by a rat than by DIO. DIO has to monologue, because that's his limitation as a villain. He's playing a game where his own self-determined win condition is people being shocked at his amazing power and listening to him gloat before they die. As a wild animal, the rat just instinctively wants to kill its prey as quickly as possible, hopefully without ever even being noticed. Which is stronger, the rat or DIO? The rat, obviously.

In a story where conflict resolution is based on mind games, you can have a never ending escalation of villain power, because no matter what kind of horrible psychic death lasers they get, their inherent psychological limitations will prevent them from utilizing them effectively. DIO desperately seeks the approval of people he considers his inferior. Yoshikage Kira wants to live a quiet life, but can't stop himself from doing things he knows will draw crazy, noisy, bizarre people towards him. The things that make them villains rigged the game against them from the start.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I am going to make a prediction - there's going to be an announcement considering the second cour OP this week

Also harsh but i get his veiwpoint

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/jojo-bizarre-adventure-golden-wind/episode-13/.141457

Man in the Mirror is a great fight but I think something missing compared to the previous fight is that Formaggio was really well represented because he subverted the "what does his stand do" by making it about Narancia's stand. His flashback and his motivations were also clear cut in the way that he was doing one out for the team even if it was for dubious reasons. He had a reason to live.

Illusio has no motivations of his own and he was literally a nobody. He had the will to live like Formaggio but the focus was much more on the Bruno gang than him so it wasn't as impactful.

I enjoy that they're keeping the streak of enemies that WILL go through any length to survive, no matter what they're losing in the process. The episode is also showing development when it comes to the gang and that was very cool. It was cool to see Abbachio honest to himself in that he won't allow himself getting bested by giogio

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
Jotaro just got dumb and refused to use it so he can only pull it off for a second, whereas if Dio had succeeded and continued past part 3, by part 4 he'd probably be able to stop time for minutes.
I know I'm late but I'm pretty sure it was explained that utilizing time stop puts a tremendous strain on Jotaro's heart. Dio, with his mock immortality, did not have to worry about that.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
that episode was so bullshit and it's part of the reason i love the show.

also uhh has there always been some content after the ending? i've been skipping the ED pretty much every week but decided to watch today and there was an extra scene.
Even though there was a "To Be Continued" at the end of episode 6 where Abbacchio and Buccellati took down Zucchero, there was still an after-credits sequence even after that

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
While this week is a recap episode so a 'break' of sorts, please DO NOT POST MANGA SPOILERS.
You can post stuff related to events up til the latest episode and even Part 1-4 manga stuff, but anything after that is big definitive NO.

At any rate
https://s2p.moe/app.html
+
jojopxcgi.jpg

GO!

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Golden Wind originally ran from 1995 to 1999, and that's as much as I dare Google about it, so about a third of the way through the story would be late 1996 or 1997. The biggest popular musical trend in 1996 seems to have been hip hop, so that seems like a good bet for a new OP style.

Of course, outside of hip hop, the elephant in the room when it comes to popular Western music in 1996 is the Spice Girls, but that's a bit unlikely.

But then, everything about JoJo's is a bit unlikely.

Still, surely not. Even Araki wouldn't request something like this.

...Would he?

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
Golden Wind originally ran from 1995 to 1999, and that's as much as I dare Google about it, so about a third of the way through the story would be late 1996 or 1997. The biggest popular musical trend in 1996 seems to have been hip hop, so that seems like a good bet for a new OP style.

Of course, outside of hip hop, the elephant in the room when it comes to popular Western music in 1996 is the Spice Girls, but that's a bit unlikely.

But then, everything about JoJo's is a bit unlikely.

Still, surely not. Even Araki wouldn't request something like this.

...Would he?
Our ending theme is about getting horny

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm late but I'm pretty sure it was explained that utilizing time stop puts a tremendous strain on Jotaro's heart. Dio, with his mock immortality, did not have to worry about that.
That was obviously just a way to write Jotaro to not be ridiculously OP after SC. I was just exaggerating

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Where did you hear that ? He put his heart on arrest in the Dio's battle yet still didn't hesitate to use time stop multiple times afterwards. I don't think that's it. He just never trained his time stop and it decreased over time

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
Where did you hear that ? He put his heart on arrest in the Dio's battle yet still didn't hesitate to use time stop multiple times afterwards. I don't think that's it. He just never trained his time stop and it decreased over time
I don't remember where I heard it, and as stated above it's pretty much a narrative device to keep power creep in check. But to go along with the narrative device, I don't think it's unfair to say that Dio was a "do or die" situation with the world's wellbeing at stake, and Jotaro would have tried to defeat Dio even if he died in the process. It's also possible that he didn't understand that it was bad for his heart health until he tried experimenting with the ability's limits during peacetime. Which would be why he stopped practicing.

Last edited:

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
It's also possible that he didn't understand that it was bad for his heart health until he tried experimenting with the ability's limits during peacetime. Which would be why he stopped practicing.
Jotaro mentions at the start of Part 4 that the last time that he used time stop was against Dio.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Which is hilarious because he uses it immediately in Morioh for a super blase reason.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Does anyone else have a serious problem and is borderline disgusted with the braids Bruno has on the top of his head, it just really didn't translate well to the anime.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man in the Mirror is a great fight but I think something missing compared to the previous fight is that Formaggio was really well represented because he subverted the "what does his stand do" by making it about Narancia's stand. His flashback and his motivations were also clear cut in the way that he was doing one out for the team even if it was for dubious reasons. He had a reason to live.

Illusio has no motivations of his own and he was literally a nobody. He had the will to live like Formaggio but the focus was much more on the Bruno gang than him so it wasn't as impactful.

I enjoy that they're keeping the streak of enemies that WILL go through any length to survive, no matter what they're losing in the process. The episode is also showing development when it comes to the gang and that was very cool. It was cool to see Abbachio honest to himself in that he won't allow himself getting bested by giogio

Its something i enjoy about part 5

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Literally no idea what you're talking about
The weird circles on Brunos head is what I mean. It just seems really weird and would of preferred how they look in the manga but since I have not read the manga I only go off the anime and since the lack of detail is expected it just seems like weird cylinders ejecting from his head. But it may just be me, its just unsightly and distracting to me but nobody elses hair bothers me.