• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Tbh I didn't find the animation for DIU that bad for like most of the season. I see people say the entire last half is bad, but imo it's only episodes 21, 26 and 27 that are super bad and then a couple others have some bad moments. But, at least in my opinion, the majority of it is good.
That's called "caring about what's going on" in my book

If you rewatch without paying attention to the story you'll find the cracks, if you are too caught up in whats going on you just won't

Part 4 got near the point you'd notice even if you were in love with it though

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
That's called "caring about what's going on" in my book

If you rewatch without paying attention to the story you'll find the cracks, if you are too caught up in whats going on you just won't

Part 4 got near the point you'd notice even if you were in love with it though

Idk, maybe, that could be right. I just love diu so much the animation doesn't bother me. Personally diu has my favourite animation style too, I love the soft character designs. But I definitely agree that episodes 21 and 27 are very distractingly bad. But idk, the rest just doesn't bother me at all, and I still don't agree that most of the animation is bad (not saying anyone here is saying that, just I've seen people elsewhere say the entire season has bad animation)

Even this episode of golden wind doesn't bother me tbh.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Idk, maybe, that could be right. I just love diu so much the animation doesn't bother me. Personally diu has my favourite animation style too, I love the soft character designs. But I definitely agree that episodes 21 and 27 are very distractingly bad. But idk, the rest just doesn't bother me at all, and I still don't agree that most of the animation is bad (not saying anyone here is saying that, just I've seen people elsewhere say the entire season has bad animation)

Even this episode of golden wind doesn't bother me tbh.
Yeah i miss the character designs from p4, i love p5's color schemes but 4had some kickass character designs when it worked

I saw manga josuke and was like YIKES

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm bummed one of my favorite fights got throwaway quality animation. This was not their best work.

Killer Queen reveal all over again.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't watch DiU during the tv airing so it looked very fine by me. I guess they did a good job cleaning it up

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah i miss the character designs from p4, i love p5's color schemes but 4had some kickass character designs when it worked

I saw manga josuke and was like YIKES

Manga josuke at first is so weird to look at compared to how he ends up. Though I do like the big muscular designs of part 1-3, I feel like that's all very iconic for jojo, I'm glad araki changed his style because I just think it works best for the part 4 and 5 characters for them to be slimmer. Or maybe that's just what I'm used to seeing them as lol.

Part 5 has some great colours in it's anime. It also has some of my favourite colour swaps in jojo, like during the white album fight with mista and giorno they looked amazing in their colour swap.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Manga josuke at first is so weird to look at compared to how he ends up. Though I do like the big muscular designs of part 1-3, I feel like that's all very iconic for jojo, I'm glad araki changed his style because I just think it works best for the part 4 and 5 characters for them to be slimmer. Or maybe that's just what I'm used to seeing them as lol.

Part 5 has some great colours in it's anime. It also has some of my favourite colour swaps in jojo, like during the white album fight with mista and giorno they looked amazing in their colour swap.
The atmosphere in part 5 is amazing... the skies are all very dreamy, i still remember the initial shots of Naples and it made me want to go there so much, feels like paradise. I love how they use it to mark the passage of time, cause it's something really needed in this saga... before part 5 i thought 1999 hunter x hunter would never be surpassed in that regard, @_@ they made a scene happening at dawn seem heartbreaking ffs ;-; the pallete swaps are amazing, my ony problem with the art style tbh is with how the noses are drawn, but that's on araki lol... oh and some characters look too muscular compared to the manga =_=

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
As long as KC takes over the opening in the finale I'll be happy. The bites the dust ver. of Great Days was so hype.

Perhaps this time they'll pull a switcheroo and the opening has already been taken over by King Crimson without our knowledge, and in the final episode they'll defeat the Boss and only then we'll be finally able to see the full opening with new ten second chunks we didn't even realize were missing. And then we'll all collectively admit we should never have doubted DavidPro.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Perhaps this time they'll pull a switcheroo and the opening has already been taken over by King Crimson without our knowledge, and in the final episode they'll defeat the Boss and only then we'll be finally able to see the full opening with new ten second chunks we didn't even realize were missing. And then we'll all collectively admit we should never have doubted DavidPro.
That'd be so awesome because we can already see King Crimson's effects on the opening too.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Haha that would be precious, i wanna see what they'll do

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People going on about spoilers in the OP and I don't think anyone who hasn't read the manga would have a single clue. Its like bringing up the spoilers in the Mob Psycho 100 OP including ending spoilers but out of context none of them are what I'd call a "spoiler".

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
As an anime only viewer, the OP is like...
- Is that maybe the boss giving Trish's mom's hand the smooth treatment? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!
- Trish has a stand, well we basically knew that already so "mild shock"
- COOL MONTAGES, Bruno is possibly unnerved about being an unzipped shell
- suspicious amount of time spent on a cut finger
- Assassination squad head honcho has....something going on there, whatever it is I have no clue, was that him in the past? another character related to him? WHO KNOWS! (well manga readers do, but anyway), why the screen flip? I must now question everything!
- Main villain is fighting main hero, makes sense, we got STAND ARROWS

So unless I wanted to really go in to paying the deepest of attention, I'm not sure its managed to tip me off very much without having the prior knowledge.
I mean surely it doesn't get any better than Bloody Stream for this sort of thing anyway, boy Joseph sure looks in anguish over something while applying Caesar's headband, HMMMMMM!

Obviously y'all keep the actual info to yourself and just enjoy me being wrong and confused until the series concludes and I can go "ooooh, that's what that was all about"

(And trying to figure out a MP100 OP when not in the manga know is...well I don't even try)

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Honestly, been listening to the op song some more and i think it's in my top 3 jojo opening songs. the beginning especially im honestly obsessed with. And listening to the full version I love the section right after where the song ends from the OP.

tecl0n

Oct 25, 2017
I miss the silhouttes of coming stands in the OP like in previous parts.
Maybe DiU overdid it by showing every single one in the first OP, but still.
Then again the ED shows enemy stands, with it ending at Clash & Talking Head which is an odd cut-off point so they may add them as they appear?

ALSO, WHERE IS MY SFX VERSION OF FIGHTING GOLD.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like the new OP. I knew it wasn't gonna touch Fighting Gold, but yeesh

Didn't care much for the episode. Everyone just felt so damn dumb, and it looked pretty off for the most part.

Didn't like the new ED, hopefully it'll grow on me.

Only thing I'll say I really enjoyed this week was them kicking the shit out of that random dude.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Easily identify incredibly strange and abstract stand powers almost immediately after encountering them, deduce weakness and limitations with genius level calculations in seconds, and think five steps ahead of all opponents to come out on top.

*one hour later*

"Quit being such a weirdo, Narancia."

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I presume you mean the Josuke of the first few chapters

Hey, I love 1999 Bizarre Summer Hantaa Hantaa
Yup and yuup 1999 anime is so good
As an anime only viewer, the OP is like...
- Is that maybe the boss giving Trish's mom's hand the smooth treatment? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!
- Trish has a stand, well we basically knew that already so "mild shock"
- COOL MONTAGES, Bruno is possibly unnerved about being an unzipped shell
- suspicious amount of time spent on a cut finger
- Assassination squad head honcho has....something going on there, whatever it is I have no clue, was that him in the past? another character related to him? WHO KNOWS! (well manga readers do, but anyway), why the screen flip? I must now question everything!
- Main villain is fighting main hero, makes sense, we got STAND ARROWS

So unless I wanted to really go in to paying the deepest of attention, I'm not sure its managed to tip me off very much without having the prior knowledge.
I mean surely it doesn't get any better than Bloody Stream for this sort of thing anyway, boy Joseph sure looks in anguish over something while applying Caesar's headband, HMMMMMM!

Obviously y'all keep the actual info to yourself and just enjoy me being wrong and confused until the series concludes and I can go "ooooh, that's what that was all about"

(And trying to figure out a MP100 OP when not in the manga know is...well I don't even try)
cool! I liked those impressions xD come back to the ops once the anime is over and you'll have plenty of fun i think
Honestly, been listening to the op song some more and i think it's in my top 3 jojo opening songs. the beginning especially im honestly obsessed with. And listening to the full version I love the section right after where the song ends from the OP.
been looping it in my head for hours, i need help

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
WSU7aPO.jpg

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
In the title I would have used "stronzate" rather than "cazzate", since its meaning is closer to "bullshit". But it's only a nitpick.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
I love how this show is great for discovering new artists, i knew about Enigma since i was a kid but never really cared about them until now.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super addicted to the new op. If we get a Units version I can already feel everyone making that shit more epic.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Late to the party but the last episode was the bomb. Great OP, felt like a ton of stuff happened in the ep, Giorno being a smart mofo, the new vilains being sexy as heck and having interesting powers. I'm really loving this part so far.

Nov 18, 2017
Do you guys think we're due another OP? Part 4 had 3 OP's and the total lack of anything related to
Coco Jumbo Requiem
in this new OP is upsetting.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if they were going to do 3 OPs like DiU then we would have got this one 10 episodes ago.